Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I am having trouble with Live, its not showing up. Followed some direction on the thread but nothing helps
    do wut i did
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    do wut i did
    I have been installing and uninstalling for a minute for now. Still down it now
    i dont know...for me it kept just showing me icq and yahoo but no msn...kept uninstalling and installing...till the 5th try is when it worked
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Just root into your Pre and copy and paste this code and it will install the MSN part. This has worked for everyone so far.

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Just root into your Pre and copy and paste this code and it will install the MSN part. This has worked for everyone so far.

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    Yea i did that too... it told me Live is already installed. Earlier today it installed fine, then i doctor the pre, and everything install fine except Live.
    I have no problem getting everything installed,.I just can't get yahoo to get and/or stay connected. Even with none of the others running. If this is the same code Palm is gonna officially release, plenty folks are gonna be mad. Its not stable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    the one that i use was org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.0_armv7.ipk
    recently upgraded to 1.2.0

will the plugins work for that?
    I'm having a few problems with 1.2.1 that I didn't have with 1.2
    -First I get duplicate contacts after linking an MSN account through synergy
    -Second there are times when my messages stay gray after sending. As if it is trying to post the message but it can't do it. I've waited over a minute to send my message, but it never does.
    At this point only a reset fixes it.

Anybody having this problem?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    WOW... This worked...thnx guys! you think of everything!
    I loaded "org.webosinternals.messaging_1.x.x_armv7.ipk" using webos quick install but Yahoo still does not show as an option. Please help.
    Thnx, Deano
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Possible to get this added to the webosinternals patches available on Preware to simplify the process?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post

Thanks, I will take a look at this when I get home.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yea i did that too... it told me Live is already installed. Earlier today it installed fine, then i doctor the pre, and everything install fine except Live.
    Woww, i did it again after applying doctor and now it works
    I just installed it for the first time without any problems. When it was done installing, I had Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo, Live Messenger and ICQ. Live Messenger is the only chat I use. A BIG HUGE THANKS to Greg Roll for your installing instructions.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Oh yeah....I used webos quick install only.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi aibrahim,

Thanks for the picture.

My tester did mention this error but he tried again after installing Preware and it worked. I don't know why but if you can maybe try and install Preware, reboot and try again.

Very weird...

Appologies to everyone.

Greg
    it worked in 2.72

but one dealbreaker is there's no MSN!!! Saw the screenshots with msn but it did not actually install the plugin correctly or what? When luna restarted the webos quick install said "cannot read..(said something here).." I can't remember what it said before but then again, that was it
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 10/05/2009 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    it worked in 2.72

but one dealbreaker is there's no MSN!!! Saw the screenshots with msn but it did not actually install the plugin correctly or what? When luna restarted the webos quick install said "cannot read..(said something here).." I can't remember what it said before but then again, that was it.
    btw I have webos 1.2.1
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 10/05/2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Saik what version of Quick Install did you use to install the plugin... And what version of webos do you have now?
    how do i get the ipkg?