Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I also can confirm v1.03 is working although I had to install/uninstall/re-install it to get it to work. I got an error both times I installed it from WOSQI which I can not remember exactly what it said.

I am on Bell so it is on WebOS v1.2.0 with a fresh update, no tweeks, and only the patches that I had on it from v1.1 for homebrew apps.

It is working as intended with all IM clients being shown although i am only using SMS and MSN.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    When installed over WOSQI, i received the error "Error loading control files".
    But when Luna reloaded, I did have all new providers, accept for MSN
    I looked and looked through this forum and saw many people who had the same problem, but no solution other than trying to install that plugin manually.
    When trying to do that, I received an error about Harmony not finding something... (didn't write it down, sorry, but someone else here acutally posted the same error).

I then tried to uninstall and reinstall in WOSQI. Got the exact same error second time installing, but! Law and behold - now I do have MSN... so now everything works GREAT!

So I will just join everybody else and say GREAT JOB this is one major milestone in the development of the PRE!
    Is there a proper howto to do this on the commandline?
    I'm a very Linux savy person but there's absolutely NO WAY for me to get this to run. It rains errors on me whatever I do with instructions that I found.

(webOS 1.2.1)
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Is there a proper howto to do this on the commandline?
    I'm a very Linux savy person but there's absolutely NO WAY for me to get this to run. It rains errors on me whatever I do with instructions that I found.

(webOS 1.2.1)
    In order to get this to work using linux commands this is what you need to do in order to get it working...

Install the IPK which I know you know how to do. When installed run the following command as root:

Code:
    sudo sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.postinst
    Luna should restart and once restarted you should be able to see the changes under messaging. In addition I did not see MSN if not run the following command as root:

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    Last edited by thatdude; 10/04/2009 at 03:15 PM.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Install using WebOS Quick Install also back in the thread there is a command for those who don't have have MSN show up after an install
    i try to install this an dit says invalid magic error 22
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I see the problem. You only want 20-30 contacts in your list, and this adds hundreds.

It's a little silly, but I've got a great work-a-round for you.

Go in and edit each of the contacts that are only from facebook or msn, and otherwise wouldn't be on the phone, and give them the last name of Zuz. That will dump them all at the end of your contact list.
    Would be nice if Palm added the feature to the Facebook import so you had the chance to select what group or groups you actually wanted to add. I have no interest in having all my friends from Facebook in the Pre.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    i try to install this an dit says invalid magic error 22
    I have the ipkg filed stored on my server, you can run the following command as root in order to install the ipkg file:

Code:
    ipkg -o /var install http://ecreon.net/org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Tried installing to 1.2.1 with QI2.7 and no luck. Now I have NO CONTACTS at all on my phone.. Any ideas? Also can't access the messaging app...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I have the ipkg filed stored on my server, you can run the following command as root in order to install the ipkg file:

Code:
    ipkg -o /var install http://ecreon.net/org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk
    When I try this, it tells me there no not enough install space.. I have plenty of space on the pre however..
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post

Code:
    That command will not run the postinst script.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    When I try this, it tells me there no not enough install space.. I have plenty of space on the pre however..
    You have to remove apps that you don't use.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That command will not run the postinst script.

-- Rod
    That's correct. That's why I run
    Code:
    sudo sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.postinst
    after installing.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
    quick question i got the plugin installed, but none of my buddies can see i am online even tho the green dot is on, it also shows all buddies offline even tho a couple are on any ideas or am i missing something ?
    Help I tried to install the message plugin org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk
    using quick install and I keep getting error reading control file... Does anybody know what the prob is?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm getting the error below - what should I do to get this to work? I'v etried to read through the thread but this thing is pretty intense!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mplutodh1 View Post
    I'm getting the error below - what should I do to get this to work? I'v etried to read through the thread but this thing is pretty intense!
    You need to install the Package Manager Service and Preware first.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need to install the Package Manager Service and Preware first.

-- Rod

Great thanks! No error - waiting for the reboot...!
    i just doctored my pre...and installing the messaging again but when i do only yahoo and icq get added...reason to this?

Update: i dont get it...ive uninstalled and installed like 4 times already and the only ones getting added is ICQ and yahoo but not msn

Update 2: wow after the 5th time it finally ******* worked ugh that was tiring
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 10/04/2009 at 07:56 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I am having trouble with Live, its not showing up. Followed some direction on the thread but nothing helps