Page 14 of 122 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Awesome!! I've got it installed on the Emu and it looks good. I'm not going to put it on the pre just yet. I'll wait till some of the major bugs are fixed.

Good job greg, contributors and also.. the voluntary and involuntary testers.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Well, work is a little strong ...after reinstalling, with QuickInstall even, Yahoo will show up but no others. It also connected once but now spins on logging in and doesn't proceed.
    Another point on this problem...I can only connect once unless I remove then re-add the account. Removing Yahoo then adding it back, signs in and appears to work. If I sign out then attempt to sign in again it will hang with the spinner and logging in but never connect.
    TTFN
    can some one please post there steps to getting msn without rooting
    (that is the only messenger that i really need ) but i don't know how to root
    i was able to fix my 2 yahoo tabs but now the only thing missing is msn
    please help
    (would any one suggest re webosdoc the pre?)

fix the prob (uninstall aim from the pre and then re installed the messenger and got all icon)
    now will test if all connects ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    msn connect ..........
    aim "could not connect to server.
    gtalk "could not connect to server"
    same for the rest...... does not connect

question do any one know if leaving msn on will drain the battery like aim do?
    (i would think so b/c its the same application just different server connection?)

do any one know on what combination should work?
    Last edited by bluediablito; 10/02/2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    can some one please post there steps to getting msn without rooting
    I've posted this several times over already, but I'll happily post it again. I'm sure not all these steps are needed, but this is what i did the last time I got it working.

1. WebOSDr directly to 1.2
    2. Open the calendar, email, messaging, tasks and contacts one at a time, because each one asks you to confirm your default accounts after a webosdr.
    3. delete all of the IM accounts on the phone except for SMS, which can't be deleted
    4. Started developer mode
    5. connected to WOSQI, and installed Preware and the package manager service
    6. rebooted the pre
    7. connect to WOSQI and install the messaging plugin. Wait for luna to restart completely before disconnecting.
    8. Reboot the Pre.

That's it. I didn't do anything else the last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I've posted this several times over already, but I'll happily post it again. I'm sure not all these steps are needed, but this is what i did the last time I got it working.

1. WebOSDr directly to 1.2
    2. Open the calendar, email, messaging, tasks and contacts one at a time, because each one asks you to confirm your default accounts after a webosdr.
    3. delete all of the IM accounts on the phone except for SMS, which can't be deleted
    4. Started developer mode
    5. connected to WOSQI, and installed Preware and the package manager service
    6. rebooted the pre
    7. connect to WOSQI and install the messaging plugin. Wait for luna to restart completely before disconnecting.
    8. Reboot the Pre.

That's it. I didn't do anything else the last time.
    I tried these steps 6 times and never could get MSN to show up and yes I doctored my pre 5 of those times. For some reason you have to give MSN a kick start and the only way at the moment is to run the below command.

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

like I said: I don't think AIM and MSN is playing nice together...

still needs tweaking
    humm .....i was able to get msn to connect and work with no problem by just webosdoc to 1.2 and do all the installation of preware and the package then after boot delete aim and i had every tab but only msn connect (don't know about yahoo nor icq ......don't have an account)
    hey ...........hey ..............hey..........
    got something new with this ...........
    gtalk, msn, and aim working together
    but no yahoo option tab
    i am guessing that icq also work together at once (but no account)
    VeeDubb65 steps
    thnkz VeeDubb65

i can live with 3 out of 4 lol ........
    last question will leaving the app ruining the whole time eat up battery life like the old aim?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Your totally right SirataXero! I just linked all of my MSN contacts up with synergy to their original or facebook entries without a single issue! Did the MSN contact first, then linked to the real one I wanted it attached to. Went through without a hitch. As far as I see it now, this app is 100% complete! It accomplishes everything I hoped for that Palm left out.. only thing I could see adding was support to send images from our phone as file sends through MSN like the MSN on blackberry can do. Great work fellas!
    I'm glad you got it working! As stated, it works perfectly. I do wish we could send files/images over the connection... but... beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Another point on this problem...I can only connect once unless I remove then re-add the account. Removing Yahoo then adding it back, signs in and appears to work. If I sign out then attempt to sign in again it will hang with the spinner and logging in but never connect.
    I noticed this with MSN a couple times. I have to logout and login a few times (not had to remove and re-add the account through)...although it might be a connection thing. It won't connect through my school's WiFi (while AIM does), nor will it connect through 1x. However, when I am on EVDO it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    like I said: I don't think AIM and MSN is playing nice together...

still needs tweaking
    I can CONFIRM that both AIM and MSN work perfectly together. I have contacts with their AIM/MSN/Facebook accounts Synced via Synergy, and I can IM them from either one of the accounts (or both AIM and MSN simultaneously). Works perfectly for me.

If you would like me to prove it, I can take a screenshot... but... it would have a lot of censorship in it... haha

*Edit*

So I decided to go ahead and try to prove it anyway...

Obviously it didn't come out as I had planned, and the fact that I had to censor out, basically everything, it kinda seems pointless... but I figured I would try it anyway.

The thing to note is that both the AIM and the "Other" option, which is clearly hotmail, have a little gray button on them (the person is clearly not online) but the fact that they both have the buttons next to them, which turn green when the person is on, obviously, proves that this person is linked up... and it works. I considered showing the drop down menu after you click the picture to show all the profiles logged in, but Live does not have an icon in the contacts app so it seemed pretty pointless...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/02/2009 at 06:58 PM.
    My palm pre was not Doctored and it runs fine with AOL and MSN. great work!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I've read almost all of the thread before I found your simple instructions.

Thanks!

I was wondering a simple question, why the ipk was not showing up in Quick Install and duh... stupid me, my PC defaulted to a different directory.

So now that is out of the way, I did have one question on your instructions, what version of WebOS Quick Install did you use.

I am using right now 2.6 but I can used any version, I have them all installed on my PC.

I was writing this because the install took a long time but I remember that is was stated that the files are large. And just now it seems to have finished.

So maybe I don't need that answer, since I was trying this with 2.6.

And if I got your instructions correct, I should just reboot now and go into Messaging and I will see the 3 options there. Personally, I am only concerned with MSN.

Whoops! After what seemed like a perfect install, after I finished writing this message I turned around to look at the Pre and it was frozen. So I will have to take the battery out to make the reboot happen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Here goes!

Thanks to all!

Rob

Will be donating for sure!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/02/2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Had to add something to the end
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

All OK! The reboot was all that was needed! And MSN is working so far, but my friends are not online for me to test just yet.

But it looks great!

Thanks!

Rob

Donation made!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Got all three working..MSN/AOL/Yahoo...at the same time!!. Not sure it it was suggested. If your on wifi and cannot get logged on...try EVDO. I had to do that to get yahoo IM connected.

I do have a question. How do you get the "synergy"?...SOme of my contacts do that their AOL/MSN/yahoo emails address listed. Yet, I canot get some of the contacts to..."synergize"
    Suggestions??
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/03/2009 at 12:38 AM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Got all three working..MSN/AOL/Yahoo...at the same time!!. Not sure it it was suggested. If your on wifi and cannot get logged on...try EVDO. I had to do that to get yahoo IM connected.

I do have a question. How do you get the "synergy"?...SOme of my contacts do that their AOL/MSN/yahoo emails address listed. Yet, I canot get some of the contacts to..."synergize"
    Suggestions??
    Try These Instructions I posted a few pages back.
    I updated to 1.2.1 without removing this. The update did break it, but all it took to fix it was a re-install from WOSQI. I didn't even have to reboot.

I just reinstalled, and waited for luna to full restart before I disconnected.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Beat me to the post VeeDubb. Was just coming to say that myself.
    i just went through this entire thread to find an answer and couldn't find a consensus or official recommendation... which version of webOS Quick Install is the recommended/official version that people should be using to install this plugin?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i just went through this entire thread to find an answer and couldn't find a consensus or official recommendation... which version of webOS Quick Install is the recommended/official version that people should be using to install this plugin?
    I used 2.6, worked perfectly.

Oh, and I did the same thing VeeDub did regarding 1.2.1. Installed 1.2.1, broke Yahoo, reinstalled Messaging Plugins 1.0.3, fixed.
    thx for the info. i will check it out when i get home.
    After install and sign-in palm updated my contacts with all MSN profile/contacts... needless to say that mixed with facebook was redliclious so I removed them both however the MSN contacts are still in my contacts and can not be removed. When attempting to Delete I get "Live messenger profiles be deleted"

I assumed once I uninstalled it would remove, but no...

Tried to re-install and remove- still no luck.

Any suggestions aside from defaulting?