Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
    so this only works with a Doctor 1.2 right?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    so this only works with a Doctor 1.2 right?
    Nope, it works with upgraded 1.2 also, just not as consistently.
    can this be added with preware?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    can this be added with preware?
    No, not yet. As you can see from all the discussions here, this app really isn't ready for anybody with preware to just click on and go.

This app is still in beta for all intents and purposes, and really isn't ready for everybody. Not until the inexplicable dependency on the package manager and the only intermittently functional postinst script are corrected.

Once a few more wrinkles get sorted out, I would expect to see this in Preware.
    The app works great for me...Yahoo + msn work together, manually linked the contacts from MSN into phone contacts. Some issues that I'm having with the functionality are as follows:

1) Cannot change display name from phone - not a problem, but even if I change my display name in normal MSN and log back in on the Pre, it still shows the original display name that I had.
    2) Logging in from the Pre does not import the avatar used in MSN on the PC - again not a problem but good thing to add in the future.
    3) My current display name is "" on normal MSN, but when I log in from the Pre it shows " (F)" - so not only does it show a rose next to my name but there is no way to take it out anymore! Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues

Btw, great work from Greg_roll - I worked with him over IRC when he first released it and he was very helpful and listened to the feedback. Will definitely donate
    hello first thing first thanks is given to the people who put and are putting there hard work into this
    ok now to something i came upon
    palm pre webosdoct to 1.1 update to 1.2
    webquick 2.6
    having this prob.........wen i try to install it i get this
    erro:an error occurred while attempting to install org.webosignternal.messanging 1.0.3....
    clearing state want and state flg for pkg=org webosininternals.messaging.(arch_priority=0 flag16 wants=2)
    and error occurred, return value 4.
    collected errors:
    cannot find package org.webosinternals.messaging.
    check spelling or perhaps run ipkg update

any suggestion to why this error?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    any suggestion to why this error?
    Yup. That one has been covered a couple of times already.

You need to use WebOSQuickInstall to install Preware and the Package Manager Service, then reboot your Pre, then run QuickInstall again to install this plugin.
    Yes, I had the same error. I installed Preware then re-installed the Messenger plugin. All worked great after that.
    what is the function of the preware and the package?
    why is this needed first?
    ok now how can i get rid of one of my two yahoo???? (i only see aim gtalk ,yahoo,haoo)
    any way to get msn instead of one of the yahoo?
    what is the function of the preware and the package?
    why is this needed first?
    ok now how can i get rid of one of my two yahoo???? (i only see aim gtalk ,yahoo,haoo)
    any way to get msn instead of one of the yahoo?

1. I have no idea why you need the Package Manager first, because you shouldn't. It just seems to work better when you have it.

2. Preware is an INCREDIBLY useful app that can download and install several hundred homebrew packages including themes, all sorts of apps, and a number of patches. Since you have to install the package manager service anyway, you may as well install preware since it is the only thing that is supposed to use the package manager.

3. If you have 2 yahoo and no MSN, the package didn't install correctly. Delete you IM account, reboot, install through quickinstall again, reboot again, and take another look.
    thanks
    here i thought that file coaster was the solution to everything lol
    i am uninstalling the messenger for the second time and re downloading it and removing my accounts hopefully it works
    here i thought that file coaster was the solution to everything lol
    filecoaster is cool, and I used it before I discovered preware.

However, the only use I have found for filecoaster since installing Preware, is that you can type in the URL of a file anywhere on the internet and it will fetch and install it for you. However, since I've never needed to do that when I wasn't near my desktop, this is only a theoretical use.
    lol am i doing something wrong?
    lol i want msn and i get 2 yahoo and a icq lol
    ok what i have done so far (pleas let me know what i am doing wrong)
    palmpre webos 1.1 update to 1.2
    webos quick 2.6 (installed preware with the package)
    reboot .......... installed the messenger.ipk...........(got 2 yahoo,gtalk,aim)
    unistalled it re installed it same thing
    unistalled it re-download it .deleted all my accounts
    re installed it and got (icq, aim, 2 yahoo, gtalk)
    for some reason cant get msn
    i have done this so far
    webosdc to 1.1 update to 1.2
    installed preware with package
    installed messenger ipk (got 2 yahoo, aim, gtalk)
    uninstall it reboot reinstalled it (got 2 yahoo, aim, gtalk)
    uninstalled it deleted all account on the pre...re download the messenger, installed it got this
    2yahoo, icq, gtalk, aim

any idea on how to get msn?

just notice something dont know if its a prob but hey you never know
    my order of messenger is different from the one in the picture (http://cid-e47a245fdc43bd04.skydrive...ns/Plugins.png)

my order .......... image order
    gtalk ..................gtalk
    aim .................. aim
    yahoo .................. msn
    yahoo .................. icq
    icq ..................yahoo
    Last edited by bluediablito; 10/02/2009 at 03:35 AM.
    try entering
    Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    from a root terminal.
    ??????????
    were would i enter that?
    and how ?
    You would enter that into a root terminal.

Unfortunately, if you have to ask what I'm talking about, you're in for an uphill battle. Search the forums for "rooting" and you should find a how-to fairly easily, but it's going to take some work on your part.

The other thing that comes to mind, are you sure you're using version 1.0.3 of the messenger plugin package? The problems you're describing sound more like issues from the 1.0.0 version.
    ok quick question b4 i go to work
    1.0.3 should have msn without rooting?
    and yes i am sure i am using the late one this is the link
    (org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk - Windows Live)
    ...........no i do not know what is rooting (but i have taken a guess and i bet it have to do with manual writing and editing of script)
    i bought my pre after the rooting days lol

if i have to root then i guess i will stay with what i have till a fix comes out or i can do it differently
    thanks by the way for all the help
    (one last try just doc my pre and going for it one last time b4 i give up)

update....just webdc 1.2 the pre and have all messenger except msn
    well i guess the only way to get msn is to root the pre
    Last edited by bluediablito; 10/02/2009 at 04:22 AM.
    update....just webdc 1.2 the pre and have all messenger except msn
    well i guess the only way to get msn is to root the pre
    Honestly, no. I did not have to do anything but install it from webOSquickinstall on a clean 1.2, and everything worked. I honestly have no idea why it's not working for you.
    worked like a charm thanks so much guys!

edit: i have version 1.2 and had to root i got everything other than msn there is a youtube tutorial that is very informative that i followed pretty much the same thing thats here if you search but i like to watch what he is doing and you can kinda follow makes it a little simpler after that it popped right up no probs
    Last edited by xaxphaanes; 10/02/2009 at 05:11 AM. Reason: more info