Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    $ mount -oremount,ro /
    [/code]Install the packages, check installation order and Have fun.

@noradtux: I unpacked them with ar so I thought I can repack them with it again...
    Great instructions, but the part where it said I should only have one directory! I had more than the one.

I now have 200.72 314 and 330.

Before I started I had 200.72 and 330.

I had removed all but the sys patch since that seemed to have gotten installed the first time.

I will try and using your instructions, but I will deleted everything.

Heck at this point, I'm just wasting time until Greg fixes it, and it's giving me some good Unix ...Linux experience. I've taken out my old Unix books to help me.

Thanks for the help! It's appreciated! Whether I get it working or not!

Rob

Do you know what that directory is labeled '200.72'?

Do you think it's safe to delete this and try you routine again?

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 02/28/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    I had the 200.72 as well but I only did what damnregister said to do and it finally installed. Will this cause any probs later?
    Does that mean you tried it over and over again and it finally did it?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Wow.. guess I was a lucky one. I updated to 1.4 and mine never broke stride. I am missing the image (logo) in "preferences & accounts" for MSN but that's minute. I'm also only using MSN so.. that might be why but.. anyhoo.. I'm good.

Hopefully Greg will fix everyone up soon.
    Just to clarify...

I did not say i was installing the application. I already had it installed and did a simple "sylbolic link" of directories.

I quoted symbolic link so people can google it and figure out how and what they are doing, because i don't want to be at fault for any mess ups they do.

EDITED:
    Of course before doing the above you must first mount the file system Read-Write.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Does that mean you tried it over and over again and it finally did it?

Rob
    no I had that folder option but I didn't do anything about it i just followed exactly what he said and it installed and was working
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    it looks like Greg is having a great time at Spring Break or something, cause hes MIA.. Greg where are you?? lol.. we want the plug-ins lol..
  7.    #2387  
    Hi everyone,

I'm here Palm changed this at the last minute hense the lack of working.

I am hopefully releasing to my testers tonight and should have something out very soon.

You should like the new features too

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm here Palm changed this at the last minute hense the lack of working.

I am hopefully releasing to my testers tonight and should have something out very soon.

You should like the new features too

Greg
    if we did the folder link to get it to work will there be any issues with your fixed version.
  9.    #2389  
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    if we did the folder link to get it to work will there be any issues with your fixed version.
    Hi gladesmellzgood,

Not at all. The linking method will not break the install but you will need to remove the installed version first.

Ill post instructions when its done.

Testing has begun

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi gladesmellzgood,

Not at all. The linking method will not break the install but you will need to remove the installed version first.

Ill post instructions when its done.

Testing has begun

Thanks,
    Greg
    That's great news!! When I installed it with 1.3.5.2 (GSM German unlocked) I had error messages, I had to erase everything from my pre, dr it and then I could install, but if I remove them and then install, error again. I hope with your new test and 1.4 I wont have this issue, I would not want to redoctor my pre.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I forgot to remove the messaging plugins before 1.4

After the update my phone was wonky (obviously) and via a couple of the emergency utilities I removed several rogue pre-AUPT patches. The phone was running fine at that point but messaging was borked.
    I've EPR'd, partial erased, and Doctored my phone (multiple times) and things are still broken.
    At initial phone setup Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook sign in fine...AIM does not. It just fails without providing any error messages. After setup the messaging app wont log anything in. Gtalk just ends up spinning idlely and AIM fails again without warning/errors.

At this point, what options do I have for diagnosing which files are causing problems and fixing them? (I'm not skilled with the linux internals, but could probably stumble along with clear directions)
    If Doctoring doesnt help, would the webOS Repair Utility be of any service when it's updated to 1.4?
    If you already partial erased it, you can also make a Full erase, this should remove all apps, everything from /media/internal. Then you can Doctor your phone to 1.4 .

Installing Gregs new packages should work flawlessly when removing the packages works without problems. Remember, that the link HAS to be there when you remove the packages, as the removal scripts rely on the link created. afterwards, you can remove the link and install the fresh packages. You should have understood the basics of the unix shell with my instructions, the command to remove the link is "rm 314".

And to the 200.72 directories, IMO ( and really just IMO ) these are old directories that were not removed during the update. webOS 1.4 should not rely on them.

cheers, and thanks greg!
    Quote Originally Posted by shokpin View Post
    I forgot to remove the messaging plugins before 1.4

After the update my phone was wonky (obviously) and via a couple of the emergency utilities I removed several rogue pre-AUPT patches. The phone was running fine at that point but messaging was borked.
    I've EPR'd, partial erased, and Doctored my phone (multiple times) and things are still broken.
    At initial phone setup Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook sign in fine...AIM does not. It just fails without providing any error messages. After setup the messaging app wont log anything in. Gtalk just ends up spinning idlely and AIM fails again without warning/errors.

At this point, what options do I have for diagnosing which files are causing problems and fixing them? (I'm not skilled with the linux internals, but could probably stumble along with clear directions)
    If Doctoring doesnt help, would the webOS Repair Utility be of any service when it's updated to 1.4?
    Don't forget that if you don't turn off the backups so it erases the current backup that it will copy down corrupted files again when you sign in after the doctoring. If you haven't done that i'd start there then doctor.
    Clarence -
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, I just came to the realization that it's probably not the plug ins or any residual effects from them. Sorry for having hijacked! Your suggestion to delete the backup was exactly what I needed!
    i wish i knew how to get this working =)
    Firstly, thanks a lot man, this is a great app.

One small annoyance though, is there anyway to remove or somehow hide the msn IM contacts in the contacts app?

I wouldn't even mind linking them together, but I was reading online and noticed that might be an issue, unless that has been resolved in the newest version.

Thanks again!
    How do you guys manage your accounts? When you guys come home or whatever, do you "remove your account" so that the stupid AOL System Msg doesn't keep bothering you telling you've signed in in more than one spot? That's EXTREMELY frustrating! If this could be solved, I think this patch would be flawless.
  18.    #2398  
    Hi guys,

New version available here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

This is a new thread as this one is getting very big!

New Features:

Facebook should no longer resent the history. (I hope)

Added "Remove account" to popup menu in account summary

Added "Busy" to popup menu in account summary

Changes "sign in" to "available" on popup menu in account summary

Untrusted certificates can now be accepted. (Select True to "Accept Bad Cert" in preferences. This option will be disabled after login or reboot for security reasons. You only need to do this one per account. An error "Invalid security certificate" occurs if the certificate from the server is untrusted.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi guys,

New version available here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

This is a new thread as this one is getting very big!

New Features:

Facebook should no longer resent the history. (I hope)

Added "Remove account" to popup menu in account summary

Added "Busy" to popup menu in account summary

Changes "sign in" to "available" on popup menu in account summary

Untrusted certificates can now be accepted. (Select True to "Accept Bad Cert" in preferences. This option will be disabled after login or reboot for security reasons. You only need to do this one per account. An error "Invalid security certificate" occurs if the certificate from the server is untrusted.

Thanks,
    Greg

thanks very much greg_roll
    Hi all,

This is probably one of the times I'm not getting this going easily.

I ended up having to doctor my phone for a stupid mistake.

So when it came back it took about 2 hours to download all the apps I have.

I installed the messaging plugin as usual, I did get the latest version that Greg just posted today.

After doing that, when I went into Preferences, and did add account, nothing showed up. I mean nothing.. no aol etc.. nothing.

So I remember all the stuff (all the patches) and reloaded them.

Then when I tried to run Messaging App, it just rebooted my phone.

After that reboot, it came back but I still got nothing when I did add account.

And what is this new setting that I see about 'Accept Bad Cert'?

Any reason that why this is happening?

Maybe until someone answers me, I will check to make sure I didn't by mistake download the wrong set of Messaging Plugs.. maybe I did the Pixi by mistake, but I don't think so, but I will double check.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3