Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
    No worries, I got it Doctored, repaired, and back up to working order.

Thank you for all the help. I also noticed something interesting with Synergy.

I had my sister's hotmail address entered into a contact with her Hotmail and AIM account. When I logged into my Live messenger, the contact with her address got activated (got a green circle next to the name). I noticed this wasn't linked up with her Facebook account, so, I experimented. It synced up perfectly, and made her facebook account the primary account. (I chose the account with the Live Messenger first and linked it with the Facebook account second). I'm not sure if this would always work or not, but it seems to work this time. I will try with another one of my friends who's information I have... if this can work for Synergy, it would be awesome!
    Well, I know that 1.0.0 had some known issues with synergy and MSN messenger, but since I don't use MSN messenger, I don't know if the issues were resolved or not.

Just be aware that there is the potential to screw things up and need the webosdr again if Greg hasn't fixed the synergy issues yet.

Also, I have no idea how to link a chat buddy to an existing contact anyway. lol (yeah, sometimes I amaze myself)
    Yeah, haha I'm willing to put up with that.

I REALLY like how convenient the Doctor is.

FYI: I managed to link up my sister, brother, and a couple of friends. I did not have a contact for my brother, so I made a quick google contact, synced him up, at which point the Hotmail one became primary. I just reset primary to the Google one and it worked perfectly.

I would say Synergy with Live is Perfect!

JUST in case, pick the Hotmail contact and Sync that with the profile you want, not the other way around... you can then choose whatever you want to be the primary.

Again, GREAT work done!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yeah, haha I'm willing to put up with that.

I REALLY like how convenient the Doctor is.

FYI: I managed to link up my sister, brother, and a couple of friends. I did not have a contact for my brother, so I made a quick google contact, synced him up, at which point the Hotmail one became primary. I just reset primary to the Google one and it worked perfectly.

I would say Synergy with Live is Perfect!

JUST in case, pick the Hotmail contact and Sync that with the profile you want, not the other way around... you can then choose whatever you want to be the primary.

Again, GREAT work done!
    How exactly do you link contacts? I am willing to try

EDIT:
    Found it.

And it worked perfectly
    Last edited by TIWizard; 10/01/2009 at 11:04 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    EDIT:
    Found it.

I still haven't.
    What do you mean you haven't found linking contacts?

When you sign into messenger, switch over to the contacts app... your contacts are there under their respective lettering... You can just search for them if you like. When you find the one you are looking for (Say you have a Yahoo buddy named SirataXero, and a Facebook buddy named SirataXero):

Start with your Yahoo friend and go into their profile, tap the little picture on the top right, tap the "Link more profiles" button. When it takes you to the list, look up the SirataXero Facebook profile, tap it, and it will automatically Sync them as well as making the contact with the most info (besides just name) as the primary. If it doesn't, tap the picture icon, tap the profile that you want as primary, tap set to primary.

Worked like a charm for me.

I now have full integration with all my Windows Live contacts and my buddy list.

I don't really use Yahoo or ICQ, but AIM, GTalk, and Windows Live work perfectly.

I have a friend on all three, and opened up his chat window with Live, said something, switched over to AIM, said something, switched over to GTalk and said something. He was able to receive from all of those, and reply from all of those as well.

As I said, it's Perfect!
    What do you mean you haven't found linking contacts?
    I mean that the instruction manual that comes with the Pre is a joke, and I honest to goodness had yet to figure out how to do this until you explained it.

Thank you, by the way. You explanation was excellent, and I can now confirm that yahoo IM + synergy appears to work quite well.
    Greg Roll is there A way you can make a IPK file with the smiley Faces For The Text Man that would be really Cooooool
    I am having so much trouble with this and I do not know why. I have Webos Doctored my Pre three times now and the first time it worked fine and I could see all the plugins. But then I screwed up something else. I then doctored again and then could not see Live messager but could see yahoo and ICQ. Then one more time I doctored and same thing no Live messager.

Are you guys installing anything at all after profile sync or are you putting in DEV mode and going straight to this?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I am having so much trouble with this and I do not know why. I have Webos Doctored my Pre three times now and the first time it worked fine and I could see all the plugins. But then I screwed up something else. I then doctored again and then could not see Live messager but could see yahoo and ICQ. Then one more time I doctored and same thing no Live messager.

Are you guys installing anything at all after profile sync or are you putting in DEV mode and going straight to this?
    i only doctored once when i installed 1.0.1...had problem uninstalling...when i heard of 1.0.3....1st time i installed working perfectly ever since
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Most everyone seems more successful with this if they install the package manager service first. I don't know why, but it seems to be pretty consistent.

To be really on the safe side, install the package manager and preware first. Reboot the Pre. Then install this package, wait for the luna restart to finish, and reboot again.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Most everyone seems more successful with this if they install the package manager service first. I don't know why, but it seems to be pretty consistent.

To be really on the safe side, install the package manager and preware first. Reboot the Pre. Then install this package, wait for the luna restart to finish, and reboot again.

Will try this in just a min. I am doctoring again.

But I have been installing PMS and Preware first and then installing this. Not sure what the deal is.

Did you open the message app at all before installing this package?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Did you open the message app at all before installing this package?
    You know, this has become a part of my regular webosdr routine, so I didn't think about it.

Whenever I run the dr for any reason, I always open up my calendar, email, contacts and messaging apps, and click through all the confirmations, because they always ask me to. It's entirely possible that not doing this is causing your problems.

Also, you might try deleting your existing IM accounts first. It shouldn't be necessary, but can't hurt other than having to relink them.
    I never deleted my accounts... Shouldn't be necessary.

I would definitely suggest first thing to do is get the package manager and preware on there. Also, as VeeDubb suggested, definitely go in and click Done, or Accept or whatever in each one of the PIM applications. Anything with an account in it... just in case. I did this, simply by force of habit. Then, install it through WQI 2.6, and wait for it to reboot. Reboot again.

After your reboot, make sure to enter the command line into the terminal to install/load up each one of the plugins (whichever one you're using). I didn't do this the first time and nothing showed up. Make POSITIVELY sure you do it. Try it with just one first, and see if it comes up. Then go along and type the other two in (if you want all three).

VeeDubb, your welcome!

I agree the book that came with it is a joke. Honestly, the first time I ever touched WebOS was the Emulator. I was so excited I literally tapped on everything and looked up every single option. I tend to do this normally on a phone as well, however, I felt even more liberated knowing it was just on my computer and I could uninstall/reinstall anytime. I did a LOT of experimentation before I even touched a real Pre. hahaha.

So I agree, there's probably a lot of little menus and options not a lot of people know about.

Heck, a few weeks ago, someone was wondering why they couldn't see the Youtube App or the Location Services app... they found out (a few posts later) that they had to swipe the launcher to go through the pages! No lie. The thread is somewhere in this forum. hahaha.

Good Times.

The Pre is full of surprises.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    You know, this has become a part of my regular webosdr routine, so I didn't think about it.

Whenever I run the dr for any reason, I always open up my calendar, email, contacts and messaging apps, and click through all the confirmations, because they always ask me to. It's entirely possible that not doing this is causing your problems.

Also, you might try deleting your existing IM accounts first. It shouldn't be necessary, but can't hurt other than having to relink them.

Still no luck with this. Still can not see Live messanger for some reason.

Did you do this?:

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    Did you do this?:

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

I just tried that and it worked like a charm. Hop Greg can get that part fixed. TY

haha I thought that might be the problem.

Greg has written it down, the only problem is, it's kinda hidden and hard to find... it's after all the disclaimers and 500 different warnings... haha

I didn't realize you HAVE to do that as well. The other ones are also there for Yahoo and ICQ or whatnot... im sure you can probably figure those out if need be.

Good thing it worked for you. Congrats
    I just tried that and it worked like a charm. Hop Greg can get that part fixed. TY

OK, can someone confirm this works with AIM AND MSN?

Most of the users here only use MSN (and not aim) ...I can only get MSN working and not AIM together
    Your totally right SirataXero! I just linked all of my MSN contacts up with synergy to their original or facebook entries without a single issue! Did the MSN contact first, then linked to the real one I wanted it attached to. Went through without a hitch. As far as I see it now, this app is 100% complete! It accomplishes everything I hoped for that Palm left out.. only thing I could see adding was support to send images from our phone as file sends through MSN like the MSN on blackberry can do. Great work fellas!