Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    I still cannot connect to FB thru Jabber, getting a message "sign in failed. Try again" anyone with a suggestion?

Used the following:
    Account type: XMPP (Jabber)
    Username: Clarence Searles@chat.facebook.com (name shows up this way on my FB profile as I was informed to use)
    Resource: blank
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port: 5222
    Use TLS: No
    Use Avatars: No/yes (no difference with either setting)
    Make sure the username is correct. Go into your account settings to see what it is. Usernames were recently added to FB so if you haven't set one up you probably don't have one yet. Mine was unassigned. I had to create one via account settings. The username is not th same as your profile name or email addy. It is explicitly called username in the account settings.
    My facebook through jabber shows my facebook contacts that are online and I can chat with them 1 or 2 sentences. After that I get log out or becomes really slow and duplicates my received messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Make sure the username is correct. Go into your account settings to see what it is. Usernames were recently added to FB so if you haven't set one up you probably don't have one yet. Mine was unassigned. I had to create one via account settings. The username is not th same as your profile name or email addy. It is explicitly called username in the account settings.
    yup that was it. just needed to assign the name. Thanks a million!
    Clarence -
  4.    #2304  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    This is all I get:

Code:
    palm-webos-device root # ./DebugMP.sh 
    Directory exists
    sh: you need to specify whom to kill
    sh: you need to specify whom to kill
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libpurple.so.0)
    Hi minego,

Does this include you trying to login? Also if you have a cert for your server have you copied it to your phone?

Thanks,
    Greg
    ICQ works properly again, for me... Removed ICQ standalone patch and installed all patch. Upgraded to MP 2.1 just for testing if it fixed my issue. I'm curious how long it'll hold now.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi minego,

Does this include you trying to login? Also if you have a cert for your server have you copied it to your phone?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Yes this includes trying to login. I started the script, and then went into preferences and added the new account, and then let it sit trying to login for about 10 minutes.

How do I copy the cert to the phone? I can probably get it. I didn't realize I'd need to manually install a cert though.
    Hi Greg,

Welcome back! Just wanted to report that though I thought yahoo was working normally, after a few days it seemed to revert to it's old behavior. Now only instead of giving invalid password, it simply doesn't log in and stays swirling. Most contacts are shared between another account that works fine, so I hadn't noticed. Honestly I've about given up, waiting for 1.4 before I flatten the phone again and try fresh. It's been screwed since the initial restore in 1.3.5 when a bad password was entered, and nothing your plugin seems to do can resolve whatever was entered then.

Odd part is running Debug.sh doesn't provide _anything_ helpful. The only time I get anything is when the other accounts actually just log in ok, but neither this particular yahoo account or jabber not working provide anything. Any thoughts on what else can try?

Also, have you gotten anywhere with the Jabber ssl/tls invalid cert bypass function? That still seems to be an issue for me, otherwise any other client works except this one. I'd be happy to give you an account to try logging into mine with yours to see what it's doing.

Have you considered at all any Off The Record (OTR) encryption at all to use with this? I really miss not having that on my phone, bad enough the gov wiretaps every carrier and circuit without knowing they're reading my honey-do lists.

I did see your 2.1, but not sure it'll fix anything since you said most of them are not major changes. I might try that later just for grins if anything helps or is kicked hard enough to change for better in the process.

Thanks!
    thanks!
  9.    #2309  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbutash View Post
    Hi Greg,

Welcome back! Just wanted to report that though I thought yahoo was working normally, after a few days it seemed to revert to it's old behavior. Now only instead of giving invalid password, it simply doesn't log in and stays swirling. Most contacts are shared between another account that works fine, so I hadn't noticed. Honestly I've about given up, waiting for 1.4 before I flatten the phone again and try fresh. It's been screwed since the initial restore in 1.3.5 when a bad password was entered, and nothing your plugin seems to do can resolve whatever was entered then.

Odd part is running Debug.sh doesn't provide _anything_ helpful. The only time I get anything is when the other accounts actually just log in ok, but neither this particular yahoo account or jabber not working provide anything. Any thoughts on what else can try?

Also, have you gotten anywhere with the Jabber ssl/tls invalid cert bypass function? That still seems to be an issue for me, otherwise any other client works except this one. I'd be happy to give you an account to try logging into mine with yours to see what it's doing.

Have you considered at all any Off The Record (OTR) encryption at all to use with this? I really miss not having that on my phone, bad enough the gov wiretaps every carrier and circuit without knowing they're reading my honey-do lists.

I did see your 2.1, but not sure it'll fix anything since you said most of them are not major changes. I might try that later just for grins if anything helps or is kicked hard enough to change for better in the process.

Thanks!
    Hi mbutash,

Yahoo has certainly been an annoying one for me. The only thing I can suggest is remove any yahoo account in IM, accounts and calender and try logging in again. Not sure why jabber is behaving the same way. If you do go for the doctor route make sure you take off backups first otherwise the bad data will get restored.

The SSL bypass is an anoying one. I posted on a pidgin forum asking how to intercept this but I havent yet got a response. Ill try again. I don't know how easy it will be just to ignor the invalid cert and could be bad for security etc etc. Ill post back if I find out more.

I had never heard of Off The Record but a quick search enlightened me. Looks like they have a plugin for pidgin so it may work with this. Ill check it out

EDIT: I checked it out and its a lot of effort to do. Pretty much it would be like writing an entire application from scratch. I dont even know if it would work. Maybe there is someone else out there whos up for a challenge?

I don't believe 2.1 will fix any of your issues

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 02/22/2010 at 04:29 AM.
    I have a sign in bug. 2.1 shows me as constantly signing in. I can't fix this. It frustrates me and that's that. =(
    hey greg_roll
    just wondering how was your vacation......
    i hope it has good........
    was you able to get a hold of webos 1.4 beta?

a quick question.
    i notice that avatar on sometimes does not show the avatar...more than halve the time its empty (msn and aim ...don't know the rest b/c i only have those 2 account..).
    I installed two days ago these plugins and tested them with 2 IM services (MSN live and yahoo). They proved to work ok but since the install I've been experiencing some issue with the push email updates. Without any change in my mail accounts conf., it seems that it is not getting updates automatically when new mail arrives.

I've managed to check it with my corporate exchange account (EAS), though I think it is also the case with others (yahoo, gmail).

Once I uninstalled the plugins, push mail notifications started to work again.

Is there any conflict with these plugins and mail services? Has anybody experienced such issues?

If that was the case, I would be pleased if you could help me in solving them.

TY in advance. Regards.
  13.    #2313  
    Hi guys,

Ill reply tomorrow. Bit tired now and about to go to bed. I thought I show you something I have been working on.

Accounts now show availability.
    Accounts can now be removed from the popup menu.
    Accounts to be set to busy individually.
    The popup menu now shows you the account status.

Speak soon,
    Greg
    awesome Greg
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by registroaplicacion View Post
    I installed two days ago these plugins and tested them with 2 IM services (MSN live and yahoo). They proved to work ok but since the install I've been experiencing some issue with the push email updates. Without any change in my mail accounts conf., it seems that it is not getting updates automatically when new mail arrives.

I've managed to check it with my corporate exchange account (EAS), though I think it is also the case with others (yahoo, gmail).

Once I uninstalled the plugins, push mail notifications started to work again.

Is there any conflict with these plugins and mail services? Has anybody experienced such issues?

If that was the case, I would be pleased if you could help me in solving them.

TY in advance. Regards.
    registroaplicacion and Greg

I just checked this myself and I have the same issue. Without the plugins loaded I get the notifications as expected, but with it I don't get them like I should. If I go into mail with the plugins loaded and refresh an email account I will get the notifications since the last refresh and then nothing again until I refresh again as best as I can tell right now.
    Clarence -
    I haven't experienced any problems with the plug-ins and push email via gmail.
    Ive just installed it using WebOS Quick install. I got Yahoo as an additional service I can sign in to but nothing else.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    Ive just installed it using WebOS Quick install. I got Yahoo as an additional service I can sign in to but nothing else.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    thanks
    what version of webos are you using?
    Clarence -
    Clarence
    Thanks for asking but my Apologies
    It WORKS!. If only i rebooted the device before attempting to use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I haven't experienced any problems with the plug-ins and push email via gmail.
    I'm not seeing the issue with my Gmail either its only happening with my Groupwise email which I have setup as an Imap account.
    Clarence -