Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2438
  1. #2281  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Ok this is odd... I ran that, and tried to add the groupwise account again and nothing.... It isn't printing a thing. I'll try again in a few.
    I did see messages from the other accounts, so I think the log is working correctly, but nothing from groupwise at all.
  2. #2282  
    Hi,

    Thanks for this AWESOME patch/plugin for jabber! i'm so happy to finally have one!

    Except, it doesn't seem to work. I donno if this is covered anywhere in this ginormous thread. it doesn't seem to be, but does SSL/TLS+Jabber not work in v2.1.0?

    tcpdump/tshark says there's discussion between client and server, but I can't find any meaningful conversation between the two where it indicates failure..

    my server doesn't support non-SSL/TLS connections, so i have to get this working. halp!

    thanks,
    -m
    Last edited by victort; 02/17/2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: lazy
  3. #2283  
    I have the plugins installed but cannot get facebook chat to work. I login to it fine but none of the contacts show up.

    Any ideas?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  4. #2284  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I have the plugins installed but cannot get facebook chat to work. I login to it fine but none of the contacts show up.

    Any ideas?
    yeap thats an issue , you need to remove the fb account and add again to the fb contacts show!
  5. #2285  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    yeap thats an issue , you need to remove the fb account and add again to the fb contacts show!
    i got it.. i closed the text messaging app and opened it again and they were all there..lol crazy but it works

    GREAT WORK!!!!!!
    Thanks for the help SISGO.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  6.    #2286  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I did see messages from the other accounts, so I think the log is working correctly, but nothing from groupwise at all.
    Ok that sounds like the GW plugin isnt loading.

    Are you able to send me the output (all be it not much) of when you try and login.

    Thanks,
    Greg
  7. #2287  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Ok that sounds like the GW plugin isnt loading.

    Are you able to send me the output (all be it not much) of when you try and login.

    Thanks,
    Greg
    This is all I get:

    Code:
    palm-webos-device root # ./DebugMP.sh 
    Directory exists
    sh: you need to specify whom to kill
    sh: you need to specify whom to kill
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles/usr/lib/libpurple.so.0)
    ** Message: Registering im.libpurpleext.greg ... 
    ** Message: Succeeded.
  8. #2288  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks for this AWESOME patch/plugin for jabber! i'm so happy to finally have one!

    Except, it doesn't seem to work. I donno if this is covered anywhere in this ginormous thread. it doesn't seem to be, but does SSL/TLS+Jabber not work in v2.1.0?

    tcpdump/tshark says there's discussion between client and server, but I can't find any meaningful conversation between the two where it indicates failure..

    my server doesn't support non-SSL/TLS connections, so i have to get this working. halp!

    thanks,
    -m
    ok, so followup,

    v1.3.5.1

    with the help of an observant jeffgus,

    it appears there's a bug in the patches package (probably OpenSSL vs GnuTLS related), which expects/puts the root CA certificates in a different path than the phone's native one, wherever that is.

    So, basically, if you've rolled your own homegrown CA cert, and want to use your fancy basement jabber server from your phone, follow all the directions at the beginning of this thread, plus the following:

    copy your CA cert (not your jabber service cert, but the CA cert itself) into

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/usr/share/purple/ca-certs

    and reboot, and then attempt to connect (a la TLS) to your jabber server.

    Thanks to greg_roll for the plugin
    personal thanks to jeffgus for pointing this last part out to me.

    cheers,
    -m
  9.    #2289  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Greg, if you can get Facebook over Jabber to load all of the names correctly instead of UT1052305032, you'd be my hero! Some here are claiming the names work for them but not for me. I've even removed your Facebook Chat I had previously and Jabber, and then re-added Jabber with the Facebook settings and same thing. Very hard to figure out who each UT2351351 user is with that tiny of an avatar and no other info.
    Thanks!
    Hi volcom45,

    Any chance you would be happy to install a test version for this issue?
    I want to try something which I will get to over the weekend. Pretty much it will be a hard coded test which might fix it but break other jabbers like gtalk and jabber. So if it works for you ill code it up properly so that doesn't happen.

    Thanks!
    Greg
  10. #2290  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi volcom45,

    Any chance you would be happy to install a test version for this issue?
    I want to try something which I will get to over the weekend. Pretty much it will be a hard coded test which might fix it but break other jabbers like gtalk and jabber. So if it works for you ill code it up properly so that doesn't happen.

    Thanks!
    Greg
    Would love to! Feel free to PM me the details if you like and I'll gladly test it for you! Thanks!
  11. #2291  
    My Facebook app installed fine but yes it does not work great. Jabber works about the same and I don't get the names either. I'll wait until the bugs are out of the FB chat app. I love the possibilities.
  12. #2292  
    Well, Jabber works perfectly as far as keeping who's online refreshed and up to date. The Facebook Plugin Greg released never seemed to update the list. If we can just get Jabber to use the correct names instead of garbage names, it'll be 100% perfect. I'm going to test a version this weekend for Greg that may fix it..
  13. #2293  
    Maybe it's been covered but how do you stay connected or sign back in with Yahoo? I'm using the latest plug-ins and webOS. When I go to sign back on, it never does. I have to delete my account then re-add my account erasing all the contact links I spent 2 hours fixing. When I'm IMing other people, the service will just shut down and I'm not able to get back on.
  14. #2294  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost of mel brooks View Post
    Maybe it's been covered but how do you stay connected or sign back in with Yahoo? I'm using the latest plug-ins and webOS. When I go to sign back on, it never does. I have to delete my account then re-add my account erasing all the contact links I spent 2 hours fixing. When I'm IMing other people, the service will just shut down and I'm not able to get back on.
    I'm still having this problem as well
  15. #2295  
    This has worked for me when yahoo disconnects. Sign out of every service. Close messaging. Re-open messaging. Open your accounts page. Click yahoo and select sign on. Supply your password. Usually after doing this once or twice it will sign on successfully without having to remove the account. After signing on go back to the main messaging screen and select available to log into all other services.
  16. #2296  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    This has worked for me when yahoo disconnects. Sign out of every service. Close messaging. Re-open messaging. Open your accounts page. Click yahoo and select sign on. Supply your password. Usually after doing this once or twice it will sign on successfully without having to remove the account. After signing on go back to the main messaging screen and select available to log into all other services.
    The only problem with that is when I log into my accounts later on I can't tell if it actually signed into yahoo or not, or if there is just nobody online
  17. Misaki Ki's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #2297  
    Started getting the " Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch." issue.

    Ran the repair utility, and that keeps happeing. Not exactly sure what's the problem, but a few people had to doctor to get around this before.

    This close to a WebOS update though, I'm not even going to bother until it's out. lol
    Gitah~
  18. #2298  
    Quote Originally Posted by hobsgrg View Post
    The only problem with that is when I log into my accounts later on I can't tell if it actually signed into yahoo or not, or if there is just nobody online
    Just add yourself to your buddy list. That way you will see yourself online every time you're connected. That's what I did an it works great.
  19. #2299  
    I have a workaround the Jabber issue that some of us are experiencing with Jabber not giving the FB contacts as those "U" numbers. What I did and it is a tedious process. What I did was find the FB contact in my contact list and linked it to it. Example: u12345678 I would link it to FB contact: "Joe Smith" and set it as Primary Profile.
  20. #2300  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Pidgin = The Linux/Windows program in which the Palm messaging system is based, SISGO is trying to connect to FB using this program. Once he can connect with this program, there's a greater possibility that this shall work on out Pre's with Greg's Jabber Plugin

    Tried with Pidgin, version 2.6.2, and it connected quick and painlessly

    Tried again with Greg's Jabber Plugin, and it DID work!

    Used the following:
    Account type: XMPP (Jabber)
    Username: username@chat.facebook.com
    Resource: blank
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port: 5222
    Use TLS: No
    Use Avatars: No (maybe it could be yes, but I don't wanna be wasting bandwidth)

    Good Luck, and... Greg, THANKS AGAIN!!
    I still cannot connect to FB thru Jabber, getting a message "sign in failed. Try again" anyone with a suggestion?

    Used the following:
    Account type: XMPP (Jabber)
    Username: Clarence Searles@chat.facebook.com (name shows up this way on my FB profile as I was informed to use)
    Resource: blank
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port: 5222
    Use TLS: No
    Use Avatars: No/yes (no difference with either setting)
    Clarence -

Posting Permissions