Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2438
    Greg, if you can get Facebook over Jabber to load all of the names correctly instead of UT1052305032, you'd be my hero! Some here are claiming the names work for them but not for me. I've even removed your Facebook Chat I had previously and Jabber, and then re-added Jabber with the Facebook settings and same thing. Very hard to figure out who each UT2351351 user is with that tiny of an avatar and no other info.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Greg, if you can get Facebook over Jabber to load all of the names correctly instead of UT, you'd be my hero! Some here are claiming the names work for them but not for me. I've even removed your Facebook Chat I had previously and Jabber, and then re-added Jabber with the Facebook settings and same thing. Very hard to figure out who each UT user is with that tiny of an avatar and no other info.
    Thanks!
    Funny that several of you have this issue and some don't. I son't for one.

I have the facebook app installed and logged also. Could it be that my Pre has all the names already from the FB contacts and it syncs them?

Try it, first erase the jabber acct, login to your facebook profile via the Palm App, and then login to fb via Gregs Jabber Messaging plugin, see if that helps
    No problems with jabber and the FB names here. I wonder if it helps to import your FB into the contacts before you add the jabber account.
    I have no problems with the facebook names either. At first I did, but I just put my phone to sleep and let it be for a while, turned it back on and all of the names and avatars were there. So, delete the jabber account, start over, and just leave it for a bit to load all of the contacts.
    Well I've tried things above posters have mentioned. I already had all my facebook contacts synced well before the facebook app but they still are anyway. I deleted the jabber account and re-added it and left it signed in the 1st time for well over a half hour, and none of the real names came through.. just these random Uxxxxxx numbers. Any other ideas?
    No sure if this is a real problem or not with MSN Live... The friend that I communicate with keeps saying he is getting double messages or duplicate messages from me. Not all the time, just when we start talking I guess.

I tried to setup a test using another account I had, on my laptop so I could see if I could reproduce it and I cannot.

So I'm not sure this is a real problem with the plugin or just him.

Has anyone had trouble with duplicate messages being sent using LIVE.

Thanks!

Rob

PS Welcome back Greg!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

After installing latest update (2.1) I have "lost" everything except Galk, Aim and Yahoo from Accounts menu (add new account).
    I have tryed to downgrade but it didn't help either. It seems that there is something stuck somewhere (perhaps somewhere in config files)?
    Looking into files I have found that all plugin files are present in filesystem and in debug log I can see that they are probed

(17:23:59) prefs: Reading /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/prefs.xml
    (17:23:59) prefs: Finished reading /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/prefs.xml
    (17:23:59) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/autoaccept.so
    (17:23:59) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libaim.so
    (17:23:59) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/newline.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/offlinemsg.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-nss.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libicq.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/joinpart.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-gnutls.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libxmpp.so
    (17:24:00) util: Reading file xmpp-caps.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (17:24:00) jabber: creating hash tables for data objects
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/log_reader.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/psychic.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/buddynote.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/statenotify.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libyahoo.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/idle.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libnovell.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libirc.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libmsn.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libsipe.so
    (17:24:01) pidgin-sipe: bindtextdomain = /usr/share/locale
    (17:24:01) pidgin-sipe: bind_textdomain_codeset = UTF-8
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libqq.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libsametime.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: /usr/lib/purple-2/libsametime.so has a prefs_info, but is a prpl. This is no longer supported.
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libxfire.so

Any hint where to look or what to try?
    Is anyone using this successfully with groupwise IM? Should I give up? I'm happy to dig into the problem if someone can point me in the right direction.
  9.    #2269  
    Quote Originally Posted by :confused: View Post
    After installing latest update (2.1) I have "lost" everything except Galk, Aim and Yahoo from Accounts menu (add new account).
    I have tryed to downgrade but it didn't help either. It seems that there is something stuck somewhere (perhaps somewhere in config files)?
    Looking into files I have found that all plugin files are present in filesystem and in debug log I can see that they are probed

(17:23:59) prefs: Reading /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/prefs.xml
    (17:23:59) prefs: Finished reading /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/prefs.xml
    (17:23:59) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/autoaccept.so
    (17:23:59) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libaim.so
    (17:23:59) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/newline.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/offlinemsg.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-nss.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libicq.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/joinpart.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/ssl-gnutls.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libxmpp.so
    (17:24:00) util: Reading file xmpp-caps.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (17:24:00) jabber: creating hash tables for data objects
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/log_reader.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/psychic.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/buddynote.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/statenotify.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libyahoo.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/idle.so
    (17:24:00) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libnovell.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libirc.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libmsn.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libsipe.so
    (17:24:01) pidgin-sipe: bindtextdomain = /usr/share/locale
    (17:24:01) pidgin-sipe: bind_textdomain_codeset = UTF-8
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libqq.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libsametime.so
    (17:24:01) plugins: /usr/lib/purple-2/libsametime.so has a prefs_info, but is a prpl. This is no longer supported.
    (17:24:01) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/libxfire.so

Any hint where to look or what to try?
    Hi zdar01,

Have you tried reinstalling the all plugins package? (or individuals if you only have that)

If not give that a go. Maybe also try removing the plugins (all packages or individual) and the try install again.

Make sure you restart luna after installing plugins (Orange+Sym+R)

Thanks,
    Greg
  10.    #2270  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Is anyone using this successfully with groupwise IM? Should I give up? I'm happy to dig into the problem if someone can point me in the right direction.
    Hi minego,

I know there are some issues. In 2.1 I updated some stuff to help get it to work.

Are you running 2.1?

Also what are your exact issues so we can begin to track them down.

I am also working with another member to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,
    Greg
    ok i think i have figured out how to stop the FB plugin from resending pervious convos....u have to log in(online) and clear the history of ur convos or it will keep resending them everytime u login on ur phone and start a new convo with someone....alittle bit of a drag but i think the FB plugin much better then the Jabber plugin ....Jabber seems to only sync some names and caused some instability...neways that's my two cents.
    another thing...has anyone noticed that charging the phone goes wonky after installing this the plugin?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    I know there are some issues. In 2.1 I updated some stuff to help get it to work.

Are you running 2.1?

Also what are your exact issues so we can begin to track them down.

I am also working with another member to get to the bottom of this.
    I am running 2.1. I am seeing the same issues with 2.1 as I was with the version listed on the first page of this post (which I tried first).

I've tried every possible combination of settings I can think of, but no matter what I try when I hit the button to add the account it sits forever. If I let it sit for about 15 minutes then it will eventually fail. I'm not 100% sure that it is 15 minutes, but it is close. That sounds to me like a read timeout. A connect timeout is generally about 2 minutes.

I'm wondering if it is an SSL issue. The configuration gives the option of enabling or disabling TLS, but does not give the option to use SSL. Our IT guy claims that the gwim server is listening for SSL connections on port 8300. I'm able to connect just fine with port 8300 using adium (which uses lib purple). Adium doesn't show any SSL or TLS options though.

I'm happy to do some debugging or show you the results of the log if that will help. I'd very much like to get this working. The other account types seem to work fine, so I don't think it is a failed installation.

Thanks in advance for the help. All the guys at work with android phones and iphones will be very annoyed if I'm the only one that can use gwim from a phone.
    Hi zdar01,

Have you tried reinstalling the all plugins package? (or individuals if you only have that)

If not give that a go. Maybe also try removing the plugins (all packages or individual) and the try install again.

Make sure you restart luna after installing plugins (Orange+Sym+R)

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,
    I have tried reinstall all packages (also tried different version). Luna restart after every install/deinstall.
    I think that there went something wrong when messaging patch was installed. I looks like GUI part was "ignored". Maybe it is clash with other patches (however I do not any idea why as there no new other patch).

Could it be that patch thinks that it beeing installed on different version of palmos/mojo?
    Could it be that I have language set to cs_cz (small locale = just days, months, etc.)?
    Last edited by zdar01; 02/17/2010 at 01:16 AM.
  15.    #2275  
    I am running 2.1. I am seeing the same issues with 2.1 as I was with the version listed on the first page of this post (which I tried first).

I've tried every possible combination of settings I can think of, but no matter what I try when I hit the button to add the account it sits forever. If I let it sit for about 15 minutes then it will eventually fail. I'm not 100% sure that it is 15 minutes, but it is close. That sounds to me like a read timeout. A connect timeout is generally about 2 minutes.

I'm wondering if it is an SSL issue. The configuration gives the option of enabling or disabling TLS, but does not give the option to use SSL. Our IT guy claims that the gwim server is listening for SSL connections on port 8300. I'm able to connect just fine with port 8300 using adium (which uses lib purple). Adium doesn't show any SSL or TLS options though.

I'm happy to do some debugging or show you the results of the log if that will help. I'd very much like to get this working. The other account types seem to work fine, so I don't think it is a failed installation.

Thanks in advance for the help. All the guys at work with android phones and iphones will be very annoyed if I'm the only one that can use gwim from a phone.
    Hi minego,

Thanks for the update. The fixes I put in 2.1 were to help fix sned and recieve of messages so that obviously wont help you

OK to debug root to your phone and run /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh

Then try to login to GW and the P.M me the output that is disabled.

Thanks!
    Greg
  16.    #2276  
    Quote Originally Posted by zdar01 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    I have tried reinstall all packages (also tried different version). Luna restart after every install/deinstall.
    I think that there went something wrong when messaging patch was installed. I looks like GUI part was "ignored". Maybe it is clash with other patches (however I do not any idea why as there no new other patch).

Could it be that patch thinks that it beeing installed on different version of palmos/mojo?
    Could it be that I have language set to cs_cz (small locale = just days, months, etc.)?
    Hi zdar01,

Interesting...
    I dont think its the locale as they should display no matter what.

Could you root to your phone and try the following by typing

sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh /media/cryptofs/apps RemovePlugin Live

and send me the output.
    Then run

sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh /media/cryptofs/apps InstallPlugin Live

and send me the output.

Then restart luna. If the above works try the above commands again but replace live with each of the following then restart luna...

Jabber
    IRC
    Sametime
    Groupwise
    QQ
    XFire

Cross fingers!
    Greg
  17.    #2277  
    Hi guys,

After reading your posts I might keep Facebook as is for now until Jabber works better.

As for the reloading of each facebook chat message I thought I had that option off. Obviously its not working. Ill look into it

Greg

Greg I'm having the same issue as Minego with the GW plugin. I have all the same settings as I used when I was able to connect in 2.0.4 but since then I haven't been able to connect at all. Also when I install the all plugins pkg I don't get groupwise. If I try to install it individually after that it doesn't show up in the list. If I remove the GW and All Plugings pkgs then reinstall GW it shows up. Not sure if thats just my issue or not but i'm going to doctor it now and see what happens when I start again.

Minego I know our gwim server is listening for SSL as well but I did connect without using TLS on version 2.0.4, unfortunately in that version I was unable to recieve messages.
    Last edited by Skribbles505; 02/17/2010 at 09:37 AM.
    Clarence -
    OK to debug root to your phone and run /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh

Then try to login to GW and the P.M me the output that is disabled.
    Ok this is odd... I ran that, and tried to add the groupwise account again and nothing.... It isn't printing a thing. I'll try again in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    Minego I know our gwim server is listening for SSL as well but I did connect without using TLS on version 2.0.4, unfortunately in that version I was unable to recieve messages.
    Good to hear that someone else is seeing the same thing. The info about TLS vs SSL is very useful too.
    the username is the name that show in the browser bar when show your profile as my Jose Luis Ak Sisgo | Facebook