Page 113 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Maybe, but I read somewhere that there's a timeout on the connections...

Try again in a place with the best EVDO/3G signal you can get
    Will do. I was on WiFi last time I tried it. The facebook plugin itself works, but the contacts don't update. I'll try the jabber thing again now and let you know how it's running afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    thanks man, this work for me too !!! ...fb chatting with jabber right here, right now !!!
    I'm assuming you took the time previous users said they spent hours doing linking these random names to other contacts? I connect just fine but get what you see in the screenshot :P Not going to be fun to link 310+ contacts :P
    [QUOTE=volcom45;2217968]I'm assuming you took the time previous users said they spent hours doing linking these random names to other contacts? I connect just fine but get what you see in the screenshot :P Not going to be fun to link 310+ contacts :P
    [IMG]

To be honest with you, I didn't spend time linking the contacts, I don't have more than 70 friends so when add my fb account to jabber the pics and names just appear.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I tried very hard to get the Office Communicator plug-in connected to my corporate environment today. Kept getting a Connect to Server error. One time it looked like it might have connected but it did not download any of my contacts. I'm not sure how to initiate a session using a specific plug-in either? Am I missing something? I used the settings provided by my company's instructions for the WinMo devices such as the server, domain, etc.

Can someone help me figure out what to put in the fields like "User Agent?"

Any ideas guys?
    Last edited by jaywaller; 02/12/2010 at 08:23 PM.
    To be honest with you, I didn't spend time linking the contacts, I don't have more than 70 friends so when add my fb account to jabber the pics and names just appear.
    Weird. Did you enable the avatars or leave it disabled? I see you have avatars in your screenshot.. Wonder if I leave it logged on long enough if it eventually changes those weird names to the real ones.. It definitely refreshes correctly like it should which the Facebook plugin itself does not do. I think we have alot of potential here. I did get a few messages I typed that would not go through and give the little explanation mark but then I'd try again a minute later and it would go through fine.. I received messages fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Weird. Did you enable the avatars or leave it disabled? I see you have avatars in your screenshot.. Wonder if I leave it logged on long enough if it eventually changes those weird names to the real ones.. It definitely refreshes correctly like it should which the Facebook plugin itself does not do. I think we have alot of potential here. I did get a few messages I typed that would not go through and give the little explanation mark but then I'd try again a minute later and it would go through fine.. I received messages fine too.
    avatar= false and tls=false i have the avatar off but the pics appear, maybe you should leave more time to have the names and avatars .
    I'm getting this error:

Cannot find package org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles.

It occurs when trying to install org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.2_armv7.ipk via webos quick install or ipkg from the command line.

edit: fixed by upgrading webos quick install.
    Last edited by ig88b; 02/20/2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Has anyone got the sametime plugin working?
  9.    #2249  
    Hi guys,

I'm back!!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Wouldn't you know it I hung out for facebook over jabber and they finally release it one week after I fix facebook chat lol.

How are you guys finding it? I will thinking of making facebook use jabber by default with all the settings already set. So all you will need to do is enter your login and password plus it will allow you to use jabber as well. Thoughts?

My plan is to do this and fix jabber resources with webos1.4 support for the next version.

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 02/14/2010 at 05:05 AM.
    If you install what he says to install in order...in the order he lists them...and if you only install what you need (in other words, don't install the ALL PLUGINS plugin and instead just install MSN and Facebook individually), then it should work.

Both work for me. WOOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm back!!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Wouldn't you know it I hung out for facebook over jabber and they finally release it one week after I fix facebook chat lol.

How are you guys finding it? I will thinking of making facebook use jabber by default with all the settings already set. So all you will need to do is enter your login and password plus it will allow you to use jabber as well. Thoughts?

My plan is to do this and fix jabber resources with webos1.4 support for the next version.

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Well, facebook over jabber works for me, maybe just putting the right logo and using the Jabber Protocol with the settings on
    Facebook works perfectly over Jabber for me, I selected to use avatars, and all the names came through automatically as well.
    There are still some quirks, even though the pre recongises the users actual name, when a users status changes, I still get the "u688******@chat.facebook.com is busy" message, but i can live with that.
    I still get occasional problems where messages are unable to send, this happens more often on WiFi than 3G, but not enough to ruin it.
    Is there a trick about getting ICQ to load all the contacts from the server? I have updated, removed, reinstalled, rebooted and everything in various flavours and still, i get only like 26 contacts when i hit show offline buddies, while i do have a bunch more on the server... if i'd have to guess i'd say i got like three times that.

Does that r/w contacts button actually do anything? I hit it a couple of times, but nothing happened. So basically I'll go erase my account, reboot the phone, re-setup the account and double check. I did that like 4 times today and countless times around the last weeks. Will try now with wifi deactivated, just over 2/3g.

Any other hints anybody?

thanks

edit:

cool, now it's back to four (4!!!) contacts, showing not one of my currently online buddies. oh, by the way, all my contacts with messaging have a messaging account set in their vcards (despite those i want to delete but funnily can't). by chance, does the plugin only load those contacts from the server, that are not in my address book? if so, then i found what's going wrong. anyway, at first it showed some of my address book prelinked contacts. and it more or less worked with previous versions, too...
    Last edited by frostea; 02/14/2010 at 07:47 PM.
  14.    #2254  
    Hi guys,

Here is version 2.1.0. Only minor changes if the last three issues don't affect you no need to update until the next WebOS version

Future WebOS support. (I hope )
    Aliasing for Groupwise. (On always)
    Hopefully fixed groupwise recieving messages.
    Jabber resources should now work correctly.

What I plan to add next version...
    Working sametime
    Facebook over jabber
    Add remove account to popup menu
    Add busy to popup menu

Download links...

Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip

Pixi
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

SDK
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip

Hope this works as this is not tested as I wanted to get it out ASAP for the next WebOS

Greg
    I've been trying to use the groupwise messaging plugin, but am having no luck. Any advice on how to debug this? I've entered the same settings as I use in adium, but every time I try to connect it just sits for minutes. I've tried with TLS and without.
    anyone else having problems with AIM in general? It was giving me "cannot connect to server" errors before installing this plugin on a fresh device.

I'm now trying with the newest version of the plugin, uninstalling everything in reverse order first.

...we'll see how this goes
    cool that all works now, going to try on wifi later too.
    hey how do u get the facebook plugin to stop resending old messages?.....everytime i log into FB (via the messenger plugin203) it resends me every conversation i have had with my contact list.....gets kind of annoying and wastes my battery power.
    Quote Originally Posted by andred View Post
    hey how do u get the facebook plugin to stop resending old messages?.....everytime i log into FB (via the messenger plugin203) it resends me every conversation i have had with my contact list.....gets kind of annoying and wastes my battery power.
    Try using Facebook over Jabber

I posted how to do it some days ago on this same thread.
    i have tried...just getting loops