Page 112 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2438
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I've installed it on my 1.3.5.2 German pre as well.
    it's working great!

!!!BUT!!! it drains the battery so quickly i can see the percents going down... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    I've installed it on my 1.3.5.2 German pre as well.
    it's working great!

!!!BUT!!! it drains the battery so quickly i can see the percents going down... :-(
    Nah, it's almost the same as the gtalk default app. Just keep your Pre with good signal. If you keep between 2G and 3G or losing your connection momentarily, it will try to connect again, consuming battery.

The trick is to keep a stable phone connection.
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 02/09/2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Grammar :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    ok found the plugin on Preware, trying from there
    ok, I kept getting the "error, view ipk log" so I updated the streams in preware now its not showing up. s

so what's going on. I've read a few more pages, but not going to read all 112.
    Can't believe I only discovered this today!!! Love it, thanks!!!

I only used FB chat. Only gripe is that the buddy lists arrange in alphabetical order and not in order I assign on FB. Is that a Palm limitation?

i guess one more, the header bar between groupings, some extend across the phone and some don't. but thats a minor issue i guess.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I have LIVE installed. My friend is telling me that sometimes he is getting my messages coming in twice. So double messages of the same thing.

Has anyone encountered 'double' messages or better yet, duplicate messages being sent out?

I'm not sure how I can test this on my own. I guess I can setup another account and see if it comes in that way.

Thanks for getting back to me if you are having the same issue, then we can report back to Greg when he gets back.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Facebook Chat Now Available Everywhere | Facebook
    Interesting! Wonder if with this, Greg can drastically improve on the Facebook Chat plugin?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Facebook Chat Now Available Everywhere | Facebook
    Interesting! Wonder if with this, Greg can drastically improve on the Facebook Chat plugin?
    hmm, who needs a facebookplugin when you can connect via jabber?
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    hmm, who needs a facebookplugin when you can connect via jabber?
    i tried to connect the fb chat thru (pidgin) in the jabber plug in , but take for ever to connect .
    Is working for you?..
    where in preware can I find the plugin? What's it called?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The issue with the jabber client setup is that instead of the aliases(IE names) the plugin uses the UXXXXXXXX codes for the usernames so you just have a bunch of nonsense in your contact list (as well as your contacts!).

I manually linked them all to the right user... but that took hours... would be nice if the plugin just grabbed the full names and let the contact app's duplicate matching happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I have LIVE installed. My friend is telling me that sometimes he is getting my messages coming in twice. So double messages of the same thing.

Has anyone encountered 'double' messages or better yet, duplicate messages being sent out?

I'm not sure how I can test this on my own. I guess I can setup another account and see if it comes in that way.

Thanks for getting back to me if you are having the same issue, then we can report back to Greg when he gets back.

Rob
    actually, i got triple messages come in, but not often, usally it'll be normal after i restart the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i tried to connect the fb chat thru (pidgin) in the jabber plug in , but take for ever to connect .
    Is working for you?..
    Tried also, I just kept getting "Cannot connect to server" errors.

I'll try later, FB chat is not that important for me
    I'm so very confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranier View Post
    The issue with the jabber client setup is that instead of the aliases(IE names) the plugin uses the UXXXXXXXX codes for the usernames so you just have a bunch of nonsense in your contact list (as well as your contacts!).

I manually linked them all to the right user... but that took hours... would be nice if the plugin just grabbed the full names and let the contact app's duplicate matching happen.
    mine came through with the aliases, and auto linked with the actual contacts, but i am on v2.03 which means aliases are on by default

all working good so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Is working for you?..
    Quote Originally Posted by molija View Post
    I'm so very confused.
    Pidgin = The Linux/Windows program in which the Palm messaging system is based, SISGO is trying to connect to FB using this program. Once he can connect with this program, there's a greater possibility that this shall work on out Pre's with Greg's Jabber Plugin

Tried with Pidgin, version 2.6.2, and it connected quick and painlessly

Tried again with Greg's Jabber Plugin, and it DID work!

Used the following:
    Account type: XMPP (Jabber)
    Username: username@chat.facebook.com
    Resource: blank
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port: 5222
    Use TLS: No
    Use Avatars: No (maybe it could be yes, but I don't wanna be wasting bandwidth)

Good Luck, and... Greg, THANKS AGAIN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Pidgin = The Linux/Windows program in which the Palm messaging system is based, SISGO is trying to connect to FB using this program. Once he can connect with this program, there's a greater possibility that this shall work on out Pre's with Greg's Jabber Plugin

Used the following:

Yeah I tried that and it just didn't want to work right. Not all my contacts loaded, it refused to remove the account for a little while. Real mess. Hopefully the XMPP client will be updated to support how facebook gets on it. I already chat on facebook on my computer this way, and it's just superb. Far better then using the browser to log in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Yeah I tried that and it just didn't want to work right. Not all my contacts loaded, it refused to remove the account for a little while. Real mess. Hopefully the XMPP client will be updated to support how facebook gets on it. I already chat on facebook on my computer this way, and it's just superb. Far better then using the browser to log in.
    mmm.. How many contacts do you have? Sounds weird, here it worked ok.

Maybe you should've waited until it finished loading all your contacts, no avatars to keep the data flow small.
    mmm.. How many contacts do you have? Sounds weird, here it worked ok.

Maybe you should've waited until it finished loading all your contacts, no avatars to keep the data flow small.
    342. I guess that's a lot but there are plenty of people that have many multitudes more. I'll try it again I guess.

Used the following:

thanks man, this work for me too !!! ...fb chatting with jabber right here, right now !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    342. I guess that's a lot but there are plenty of people that have many multitudes more. I'll try it again I guess.
    Maybe, but I read somewhere that there's a timeout on the connections...

Try again in a place with the best EVDO/3G signal you can get