Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2438
    I had problems with this, so I uninstalled it. Now I dont have my Yahoo messenger anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I had problems with this, so I uninstalled it. Now I dont have my Yahoo messenger anymore.
    Try to restore the file messaging_contacts.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $webos$.$tar$ $file$ $that$ $corresponds$ $to$ $your$ $Pre$ $version$ $and$ $carrier$. $Search$ $the$ $thread$

It's a bit tricky but it's better than doctoring your Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Download Links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...4-Palm-Pre.zip

When I click on this link and download the file it pops up with:

"The Compressed(Zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted"
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
    When I click on this link and download the file it pops up with:

"The Compressed(Zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted"
    Clear your browser's cache and try doenloading again?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Clear your browser's cache and try doenloading again?

Wow that was simple enough. That worked. Thanks.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    just installed will try it out for a couple hours, first issue after installation was xfire would not login just kept spining but i will wait it out and see if it is just collecting data. will get back to you with teh results later tonight
    I have a problem with the IM messaging patch.. it says;

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Application Path=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, { “com.palm.properties.version”: Palm webOS 1.3.5.1” }
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored-- see webos-patches.log for more details

ok I doctored the phone and removed all the patches.. i installed systemfiles then patch then all messaging and all worked perfectly however, I tried to patch the sms tone per contact and it gave me an error so I uninstall the IM messaging patch and system and installed the sms tone per contact and it worked.. This gave me a conclusion that The sms tone per contact and messaging patch has a conflict. can someone tell me how to fix it so i could have both working?? Thanks a lot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skirt2009 View Post

Application Path=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, { “com.palm.properties.version”: Palm webOS 1.3.5.1” }
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs

ok I doctored the phone and removed all the patches.. i installed systemfiles then patch then all messaging and all worked perfectly however, I tried to patch the sms tone per contact and it gave me an error so I uninstall the IM messaging patch and system and installed the sms tone per contact and it worked.. This gave me a conclusion that The sms tone per contact and messaging patch has a conflict. can someone tell me how to fix it so i could have both working?? Thanks a lot!!
    there is not solution to make the both work together . You should install alerts and notifications patch for now!
    How can I delete the file (messaging-constants.patch) since it said on the error log that this file is already patched? maybe if I delete/REMOVE that file it would patch the messaging patch? how can I edit an ipk file?
    How can I delete the file (messaging-constants.patch) since it said on the error log that this file is already patched? maybe if I delete/REMOVE that file it would patch the messaging patch? how can I edit an ipk file?
    just remove sms contacts tone patch and try reinstalling the plug in!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    After some experimenting, I decided to erase all my accounts information (I was getting duplicated contacts), and decided to go the "no alias" route with msn. The problem is that I had contacts that coudn't be edited.

I erased all my accounts on the phone, email, contacts, calendar and messaging. I still had several contacts left, probably from another msn install as they were aliases.

I had to go and erase every contact information from the palmpreferences database.

After this, I restarted and began adding everything, first email, contacts, calendar, and at the end messaging.

I already had the gtalk account setup because of the email account, so I just added:

MSN, NO aliases, NO avatars.

It took about 40 seconds with the spinning circle, after that it stopped spinning and everything worked beautifully.

I found that sometimes there are accounts or contacts left from previous experiments tat get in the way. The best way would be to delete your backup info (profile), doctor your phone, and go from there. Or, try and use the emulator (but it didn't work for me).

I need to thank Greg because of his work, as I now have a better understanding of the inner workings of the Pre

Thanks Greg!!
    I had an issue where the spinning circle was always spinning and did that and it worked! I drained my extended battery that would typically last all day on wifi to 50% in 3 hours!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    I found out a way to fix this, in case the other people who have had this problem are interested.

Basically, remove the MSN account. Then go into your Contacts and manually delete all the MSN info from each (ya, that takes a while). Then uninstall the plugin (deleting the MSN info from the contacts also seemed to break the plugin), and then re-install. Everything should work after that, and you can link back the contacts as you like.
    Thank you, I never realized that contacts would break the plugin.
    I failed to remove the msn account, it kept removing forever.
    I doctored my phone and restored contact from gmail, not restore the palmdatabase.db3 like before, and msn problem finally solved, at least for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    This worked for me finally:

these are the steps i use to get everything working
    1.uninstall everything off the pre (patches, app)
    2.delete my backup
    3.webos doc (to the lates)
    4.use WebOSRepairUtility to make sure everything is good
    5.installed prewares and its packages...restart
    6.install gnu ......restart
    7.install messenger file/patch ....restart
    8.installed the messenger of choice.restart
    9........works for me
    I finally did it, It worked perfectly, thanks so much!!!
    I've installed the ICQ plugin; howerver my buddy list is empty. Anyone else have this problem? I am using a german pre with 1.3.5.2.
    I've installed the ICQ plugin. It works fine. My friend receive my messages and I can receive their's; howerver my buddy list is empty and my friends report that I am always offline. Anyone else have this problem? I am using a german pre with 1.3.5.2.
    sadly i have got the same problem as htpcMe. Also with a german pre with 1.3.5.2...
    Is there any solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I have been installing and uninstalling for a minute for now. Still down it now
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Just root into your Pre and copy and paste this code and it will install the MSN part. This has worked for everyone so far.

Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    I've tried reinstalling but no use. I haven't logged into the terminal yet. I need to look into that more first.

I installed it via the quick install. I have preware and have a handful of patches installed. For messaging I specifically have the following.
    -landscape messaging
    -sign in as invisible in IM

Also noticed the Add Account screen is missing the icons

I'm getting this phone replaced soon with a new one. So I want to get this down right before trying it on a fresh device.

Also if this is in Preware yet, what's it listed under?

I've skimmed through a good number of these pages and the first post isn't exactly full of the info I was looking for.

Ah snap, I got that error too, damn, I want both. >.< maybe this is my issue
    ok found the plugin on Preware, trying from there
    Thank Gref.

I have install 2.0.4 on my 1.3.5.2 german pre that great version for me.

All contract copy on disable alias.
    It can fullfill my need on mobile useing msn.
    Although it cannot display alias. But I don't mind it is wonderful for me.

Thank for your hardwork on this long time.