Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
    man i really really want this but do not want to Doctor... hope an update come out.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Amazing. I just installed it using SSH commands because I don't have WOSQI installed, and it works perfectly. The messages arrive so much quicker than texting, so it is more more convenient for conversations.

By the way, my Pre was upgraded from 1.04->1.1->1.2. ivan1.ruiz, it works on upgraded Pres.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    By the way, my Pre was upgraded from 1.04->1.1->1.2. ivan1.ruiz, it works on upgraded Pres.
    I believe that whether or not it works on an upgraded Pre depends largely on how clean of an upgrade you had.

All together, I think I ended using WebOSDr about 4 times in the course of testing this. I was able to get it done on a Pre that was updated from 1.1-1.2, as long as it was a clean upgrade with no tweaks or patches left installed. When I tried that with a Pre that was upgraded with lot's of patches left behind so it was an unclean upgrade, it did not work no matter what I tried.

One that was doctored directly to 1.2 worked great.
    Has anyone noticed something different with their display names (when connected on MSN, my original nickname is "")? Now, when I log into MSN from the Pre, my display name is " (F)" where the (F) = emoticon for a rose/flower. Anyone else getting this added to their display name?
    Oh interesting...

I upgraded from 1.1->1.2 (unpatched) and then went in and hand-coded a couple of tweaks. One of the ones I did was messaging character counter...

That one probably messed up this installation.

I'll try to replace the files with the standard messaging files from the Doctor and then retry installation... maybe that'll work?

*tries it*
    I just installed 1.0.3 of this on the emulator for 1.2, and it's working perfectly for Yahoo. I don't use Windows Live so I can't say how well that works, but contact links, removing the account, everything is working on YIM. Now the only question for me is if I want to wait until Palm releases an update with YIM to use it on my actual device, or use this. Just a little concerned about future webOS updates causing issues, so I might wait on Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Oh interesting...

I upgraded from 1.1->1.2 (unpatched) and then went in and hand-coded a couple of tweaks. One of the ones I did was messaging character counter...

That one probably messed up this installation.

I'll try to replace the files with the standard messaging files from the Doctor and then retry installation... maybe that'll work?

*tries it*

It's impossible to say without knowing exactly how your hard coded patches worked, but there's a good chance you're right.

Before you go replacing files, be sure you've done a full reboot on the Pre. This package does NOT function until you do a full reboot.
    To be honest, I think i've gone and mucked up everything.

Functionally the messaging app still works (with GTalk, AIM not working), however, I tried to uninstall this ipk with WQI, which stated that it had been uninstalled.

When I went into the add a new account window, I could still see the buttons, but no labels (as shown above). Therefore, there's dirty little pieces of code hanging out all around my installation now. : /.

I just replaced the entire messaging app folder from palm/applications and rebooted, but it turns out those buttons are still there. I tried logging into MSN and still no luck. Either way, I guess it's good if I doctor anyway... I just don't want to enter all my login information for all 6 or 7 of my accounts again.

Oh well. Let's see how that turns out.

*edit*
    Hahahahaha. After a long time of waiting for AIM to login, I just gave up and swiped back. Now it shows a few of my AIM buddy list as available. (I know there are more who aren't showing up). I then went into chat view for one and all I see is the text entry bar on the bottom and this:
    Code:
    <div id='MojoListItemsParentMarker'></div>
    Where the chat history should be...

hahaha... I wonder why a fresh install of the messaging app destroyed my messaging app...
    I'm really trying my best not to Doctor...
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/01/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    I just don't want to enter all my login information for all 6 or 7 of my accounts again.

And you won't have to.

After you doctor your pre, you'll be prompted to re-enter the email address and password you used to create your Palm profile when you first got your phone.

Once that is done, it will restore and re-sync all of your email and contact accounts.
    Oh wow... really? I didn't know settings like that were preserved...

so, after Doctoring, the only thing lost is media/internals?

*update* Oh well... *tries it anyway*
    I installed it this morning. Everything went fine except MSN didnt install. I have gtalk,aim, and yahoo. I never use gtalk or aim but im pleased with yahoo. Everything works fine.
    I upgraded to 1.2 yesterday.. actually I ended up having to do a clean install but I've also added alot of tweaks and patches to my pre.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I'm glad it worked for you, and I have an extra tip for you as well. Once again, this tip is NOT intended for the average user, and anyone who follows this does so at their own risk.
    Well, work is a little strong ...after reinstalling, with QuickInstall even, Yahoo will show up but no others. It also connected once but now spins on logging in and doesn't proceed.

I will say that WebOSQuickInstall has come a fair way since I looked at it last, when if first came out. The instructions don't seem to do it justice, it's much easier to get going that it reads. I have nothing against using it but there are other ways that should be just as easy. I guess I just don't believe a PC should be needed to manage the device.
    TTFN
    Took the plunge this afternoon and installed this only for MSN Live. It works awesome! Connected just fine and chatted with several people on it without an issue. Question: How do you sign back out of it if you don't want to leave it on and waste battery? Also, can you change your status? I assume were always "Online" ? I assume there is no way to send pictures from our phone through this like with MMS? Awesome work everyone behind this, you make my month!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Question: How do you sign back out of it if you don't want to leave it on and waste battery?
    On the "Buddies" screen, just tap the green and grey circle next to the word "available" and pick a different status. The built in options are Available, Away, and Offline.

Offline signs you out.
    With one shot I got it right...thank you for the post!!!
    Mmk. I just Doctored, Trying to download it via WQI 2.6...

Lets see what happens *fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Took the plunge this afternoon and installed this only for MSN Live. It works awesome! Connected just fine and chatted with several people on it without an issue. Question: How do you sign back out of it if you don't want to leave it on and waste battery? Also, can you change your status? I assume were always "Online" ? I assume there is no way to send pictures from our phone through this like with MMS? Awesome work everyone behind this, you make my month!
    Press the "available" button and it will log you off...
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    So it restarted automatically after it installed... I assume this was Luna restarting? I'm going to reset (Orange+Sym+R) once before I try to run it... just in case...

*update*

So first time I launched it, I was quite disheartened that it didn't show up. Then I remembered the command line:
    Code:
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    Messenger came up, logged on, pulled up all my contacts as well as their avatars, and their status.

PERFECT. Thank you SO much!

I just hope you can get the integration with synergy going as well.

Either way, WONDERFUL work.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/01/2009 at 10:12 PM.
    So it restarted automatically after it installed... I assume this was Luna restarting? I'm going to reset (Orange+Sym+R) once before I try to run it... just in case...
    You are correct. The restart you saw was just luna, but you'll need either a full reboot, or you'll need to manually stop and start several services, and since I'm not 100% sure which services, a reboot is in order.
    so, after Doctoring, the only thing lost is media/internals?
    You also loose all your homebrew stuff. App catalog apps are restored, but no homebrew apps or patches.