Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2438
    I have tried to download twice now and only 2.0.0 is in the zip file for the pre
    hey globex
    these are the steps i use to get everything working
    1.uninstall everything off the pre (patches, app)
    2.delete my backup
    3.webos doc (to the lates)
    4.use WebOSRepairUtility to make sure everything is good
    5.installed prewares and its packages...restart
    6.install gnu ......restart
    7.install messenger file/patch ....restart
    8.installed the messenger of choice.restart
    9........works for me
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    There is some weird problem with jabber now. Say that I have contact@domain.com and I message them, they get the message and then reply. I get a new message from contact@domain.com/resource. I then send a message and it will not go through. Also, this creates a new message separate from the first message. This is totally broken. In my tests, I can only send 50% of messages I attempt, it doesn't view the second message as valid all the time.
  4.    #2164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Archite View Post
    There is some weird problem with jabber now. Say that I have contact@domain.com and I message them, they get the message and then reply. I get a new message from contact@domain.com/resource. I then send a message and it will not go through. Also, this creates a new message separate from the first message. This is totally broken. In my tests, I can only send 50% of messages I attempt, it doesn't view the second message as valid all the time.
    Hi Archite,

Hmmm. I don't have time to fix now but I will when I get back in 10+ days. Jabber should be OK if you dont use resources though.

I noticed your P.M. Are you able to P.M me how resources work/what they are?

If you can tell me how to set them up ill do it with my jabber test accounts and get it fixed when im back.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Archite,

Hmmm. I don't have time to fix now but I will when I get back in 10+ days. Jabber should be OK if you dont use resources though.

I noticed your P.M. Are you able to P.M me how resources work/what they are?

If you can tell me how to set them up ill do it with my jabber test accounts and get it fixed when im back.

Thanks!
    Greg
    I think you might have misunderstood. As it stands, I can only send 50% of the messages I attempt but I do receive them all, they just end up in a separate chat based on resource. I'm just going to roll back to an earlier version until it gets fixed.

I'll follow up with the resource info.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm using v1.0.1 and MSN signed in without problems, but yahoo hung up a bit. I signed out then back in and both showed the contact lists as they are. I even messaged my MSN account from my Yahoo account and vice versa, worked fine.
    thanks for the update Greg , msn ,aol are working great also add facebook and is sign in , but how this work? im suppose to see the people who is online in the fb chat ? or the people can see me when im online? .

thanks once again!
    Greg, just wanted to say thanks - 2.0.4 fixed the yahoo issue that's pestering me since 1.3.5. Pretty much everything except jabber works. I can't get it to log into my server with or without TLS on any of the domains I host. Just an ejabberd server - I'd be interested to hear others' mileage connecting to an ejabberd server. Running the debugmp.sh didn't give me anything usable, but I lost the output. I'll re-gather and provide the output if it help.

On a side note, have you considered OTR encryption at all for use with libpurple? A large amount of people I communicate with uses it for privacy, and a feature they and myself miss on the pre. It's about the most well-rounded and generally accepted method of encrypting your private IM's, and I wouldn't mind seeing it usable for SMS as well...

Anyways thanks again, enjoy your time off and have a frosty beverage of choice on me. Your work is much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey globex
    these are the steps i use to get everything working
    1.uninstall everything off the pre (patches, app)
    2.delete my backup
    3.webos doc (to the lates)
    4.use WebOSRepairUtility to make sure everything is good
    5.installed prewares and its packages...restart
    6.install gnu ......restart
    7.install messenger file/patch ....restart
    8.installed the messenger of choice.restart
    9........works for me
    Thanks. That finally worked. It should really go into the official instructions that you need to restart after each patch file.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbutash View Post
    Greg, just wanted to say thanks - 2.0.4 fixed the yahoo issue that's pestering me since 1.3.5....
    mbutash, I've been having problems with yahoo losing connection without any notification. Have you experienced this problem? Once it disconnects it hardly ever reconnects on its own without manual intervention.

Also, I removed the Facebook plugin. Even though the plugin has been removed my yahoo, aim, and gtalk contacts that have FB accounts show up twice in my buddy list. They show up under the normal buddy group and then they show up under a lingering facebook buddy group. I can't seem to get rid of the FB group. Anyone know how to remove it?
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 02/04/2010 at 08:58 AM.
    hello to all
    i am so happy that msn is finally working....sorry for those of you who are having problem with the other messenger but don't worry hopefully it will be fix in due time........
    so............from playing around with the msn plugin i have notice:

the spinning for ever is still there when you have
    -alias's is enable and avatars is enable
    -alias's is enable and avatars is disable

so alias's is the problem and not the avatars..........
    also i have notice that when alias's is disable i still get some old alias's from my buddy (at some point in time the server i guess saved the old alias's)

also some of the avatar wont show from time to time
    now my question is why is it that alias's takes longer to load than a email if some emails are longer than there current alias's?
    example my friend....
    email......wonderwomanandsuperman@hotmail.com there alias's is inlove
    just wondering..............
    Last edited by bluediablito; 02/04/2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Ok, I've been running the 2.0.4 since this morning. I'm experiencing a new problem with Yahoo. After a while my I notice my online Yahoo contacts disappear but the messaging app status shows I'm online . When this happens I'm in fact offline in Yahoo. The only way I can get logged back into Yahoo is sign out of every service, close the messaging app, then re-open the messaging app and sign into my accounts again. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get back into Yahoo. I'm running AIM and GTalk at the same time.

Hope this helps!
    Your right I thought Yahoo was working fine when actually I wasn't actually signed in at all Same problem here of Yahoo stopping working
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    mbutash, I've been having problems with yahoo losing connection without any notification. Have you experienced this problem? Once it disconnects it hardly ever reconnects on its own without manual intervention.

Also, I removed the Facebook plugin. Even though the plugin has been removed my yahoo, aim, and gtalk contacts that have FB accounts show up twice in my buddy list. They show up under the normal buddy group and then they show up under a lingering facebook buddy group. I can't seem to get rid of the FB group. Anyone know how to remove it?
    Peter, I checked off and on, and after reboots, working in a dead spot for sprint, and general migration around town, absolutely no issues with yahoo anymore. Never had an issue with aim or gtalk. I actually made a couple of msn live accounts just to test and play with since 2.0.3, and those seem to work fine, though honestly I don't really use them.

Jabber's the only outstanding thing that I can't connect to my personal server. Considering it's only really myself and my wife that use it, she finds other services to hunt me down with.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hobsgrg View Post
    Did you actually install FB? It's not included in the all plugins even if you choose all plugins you have to install FB as well
    d0h - I did not. I thought it was in allplugins.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hmmm should be on the accout settings page. Just had a bad thought do your have a GSM phone and/or use a language other than english?

If you don't use english set your phone to english then try it. If it comes up set up the account then put your language back.

I will need to fix that up

Thanks,
    Greg
    No and no. English Pre on Sprint.

I'll try removing both and installing 2.0.4 again. I'm not too concerned - I think my installation is a bit boned in general right now. Waiting for 1.4 to doctor my phone and get a fresh start. Enjoy your vacation!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbutash View Post
    Greg, just wanted to say thanks - 2.0.4 fixed the yahoo issue that's pestering me since 1.3.5. Pretty much everything except jabber works. I can't get it to log into my server with or without TLS on any of the domains I host. Just an ejabberd server - I'd be interested to hear others' mileage connecting to an ejabberd server. Running the debugmp.sh didn't give me anything usable, but I lost the output. I'll re-gather and provide the output if it help.
    I'm connected to my ejabberd server. The only issues I've had are with the TLS layer - libpurple and/or gnutls aren't matching my wildcard server. I got it working on a different domain with an SSL cert for just domain.com rather than *.domain.com. Other than that, it works perfectly fine on my ejabberd (2.0.5).
    is it normal, that there is still the login problem at the icq account. i have the same problem as i had with the earlier versions. i can login into my icq account and i can also chat with my friends. but my contact list doesn't load, so i can't see if they are only or not...

is there any solution for this problem?
    I have the same error globex has, I'm using a german quertz pre, will this update work? I already tried the german link palminga posted and got the same error.
    (
    My Facebook Chat seems to connect just fine without any issues but never really seems to show any users.. Anyone else run into this? When I first imported it, I showed 1 user online but I know there was way more than that. Just curious how it is performing for others? Also, general question: If you want to just sign in 1 of your added messengers rather than going to conversations and clicking Online which tends to sign them all on, are we supposed to get asked for our password everytime we click on say MSN, GTalk, Facebook Chat in accounts and choose the Sign on option? It never asks for my password when just auto signing all 3 on at once from conversations tab..
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    V 2.0.4 wont work for me

I remove all accounts and then the three old files with WQI, restart the Pre, install sysfiles, restart, install the patch and the plugins, restart.

Yahoo works
    Jabber and ICQ didnt work

In ICQ I see a 6 "points" long password, but I insert my 8 letter password ????? Anytime I change it, it gets back to 6 letters. BTW: My yahoo-password is 6 letters long!

The same probem with Jabber. Jabber make the wheel spinning all the time.
  20. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Does anybody know approximately how much data would be used if you had an MSN conversation for an hour?