Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2438
    when i show offline buddies, there are lots of duplicated there

how can i delete the local db of buddies so that are re downloaded at login without the duplicates??
    It's all working perfectly for me, just 2 things:
    It conflicts with the app that gives you different sms tones per contact- I can't install it (had this confirmed in webos IRC)
    Which one is the Yahoo one? Nothing is called Yahoo, so I installed the lot, I only need Yahoo though.
    I finally got Live messenger working on my phone. There is one slight annoyance. When it gets disconnected and then tries to automatically sign back in (when I lose network signal, or if I sign in on my PC), it pops up an alert saying the password is invalid. It signs in and I can see buddies who are online, but if I tap the alert message, it disconnects from Live messenger.

I also have a feature request: Google talk lets me sign in on my phone and on my PC simultaneously. I know that Windows Live messenger allows you to log in on multiple PCs but it disconnects me from everywhere else if I log in on my phone. Messenger on my PC signs out and pops up a message that says "You were signed out from here because you signed in to a version of Messenger that doesn't let you sign in to more than one place." Any chance you can make the phone plugin allow logging in to multiple locations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    @ Palmiga: Thanks a lot for the link to Handyfaq.de

Now Windows Live Messenger works for me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi SimonR,

Not sure about the first error that is nothing to do with my app. You must have had another IPK queued up in WebOSQI.

For the second error you need to remove the patch from your phone, restore messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs ($either$ $manually$ $or$ $using$ $the$ $recorder$ $tool$) $then$ $resinstall$ $the$ $patch$.

Greg
    I don't see an option to remove the patch " restore messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs&$quot$; $What$ $recorder$ $tool$? $is$ $there$ $any$ $instructions$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $remove$ $that$ $I$ $can$ $read$ $besides$ $this$ $106$ $thread$ $pages$? $I$ $tried$ $to$ $read$ $it$ $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $keep$ $up$... $any$ $help$ $would$ $be$ $appreciated$.. $Thank$ $you$
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonR View Post
    I don't see an option to remove the patch " restore messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs&$quot$; $What$ $recorder$ $tool$? $is$ $there$ $any$ $instructions$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $remove$ $that$ $I$ $can$ $read$ $besides$ $this$ $106$ $thread$ $pages$? $I$ $tried$ $to$ $read$ $it$ $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $keep$ $up$... $any$ $help$ $would$ $be$ $appreciated$.. $Thank$ $you$
    webos quick install- tool - send file,
    find the file on you HDD,
    path:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/

push send.
    messaging-constants.jsjsjs $can$ $be$ $found$ $by$ $unzipping$ $webosdoctor$.$jar$
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Well, I guess that would have been too easy ...
    So how can I find out why it won't login? It's Messaging-Plugins 2.0.3 on webOS 1.3.5.2.
    I had the same error. Do you copied the server-certificate to your pre?
    Installed only Live Messenger and Communicator plug-in.
    It's connecting, getting contact list from my hotmail account in to contacts but in the buddies screen always says "Signin In..."
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
  10.    #2110  
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    Installed only Live Messenger and Communicator plug-in.
    It's connecting, getting contact list from my hotmail account in to contacts but in the buddies screen always says "Signin In..."
    Hi cryptooth,

Version 2.0.4 will fix this. Hopefully out very soon

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    HI! I have a Pixi and was hoping someone here could tell me where I can find the file folder I need to load my-avatar.png photo in so I can have my personal avatar.

I just plugged in the Pixi to my laptop and while I see a bunch of folder in there, I do not see one where I shoud add it into.

Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm new to this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    HI! I have a Pixi and was hoping someone here could tell me where I can find the file folder I need to load my-avatar.png photo in so I can have my personal avatar.

I just plugged in the Pixi to my laptop and while I see a bunch of folder in there, I do not see one where I shoud add it into.

Quote Originally Posted by dvargas72 View Post

do you mean in the sms messenger or do you mean in one of the specific plugins? I'm guessing you mean in the sms messenger, so when you text you see your avatar next to your messages like the person your texting. This is not the correct thread for that feature. I think what your referring to is is done thru patching , like with Preware so you may want to look in that thread instead. Unfortunately I don't know off hand since I don't use that patch but I remember seeing it in the list.
    Clarence -
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    I had the same error. Do you copied the server-certificate to your pre?
    It looks like certificate name mismatching IS the problem. I had a wildcard set up for my XMPP server, and the messaging plugin would fail after the mismatched certificate output. I switched that to a different certificate that matched the domain name, and it worked fine.

I saw somewhere in the pidgin/libpurple bug tracker something about not setting the connect host. I'm assuming this is the "server" field in the messaging plugin's UI, but I cannot leave it blank. I think libpurple, without this field, would just determine the server from the JID/username (split on @...).

Is there some way I can manually clear the connect host/server to see if that helps? I don't see anything in accounts.xml in the /var/preferences/..../libpurple/, so I'm not sure where the account data is store.

Thanks!
    I'd probably use this more if it didn't inter mesh with my phone contacts. It makes it a big cluster**** trying to search in Contacts.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'm getting an error trying to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.3.ipk

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

ApplicationPath=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/plam/applications:/media/crypofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "com.palm.properties.version": Palm webOS 1.3.5.1" }
    patching file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details.
    Whatever I did also made me unable to sign into the messaging application now. It tries to connect but then just goes to "Offline". I uninstalled all messaging plugins I had installed, and it still won't let me connect.
    Last edited by globex; 02/03/2010 at 04:21 AM.
  17.    #2117  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I'm getting an error trying to install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.3.ipk

Whatever I did also made me unable to sign into the messaging application now. It tries to connect but then just goes to "Offline". I uninstalled all messaging plugins I had installed, and it still won't let me connect.
    Hi globex,

Try the following...

Remove the patch using Quick Install.
    Restore a clean messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $webosdoctor$.$jar$ $and$ $reinstall$ $the$ $patch$.

Check previous pages on instructions on how to do this is you are unsure.

Thanks!
    Greg
  18.    #2118  
    Ok after lots of poking, proding and debugging we are finally here. Version 2.0.4. A big thanks to Adam and Phillipah!
    I think we have a very stable product and when you see the list below I think you'll agree the wait was worth it.
    Thanks too for those of you who have donated generously it means alot!

FYI I am on leave for 10 days starting in just over a day. So im not ignoring you I just wont be on.

Whats new in 2.0.4?
    ===============

New debug script. (Thanks to phillipah). Running /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh from root or Quick Install should now create a log in /media/internal/DebugMP with. Big help!

Palm's connection method. (WiFi only, should fix many disconnect issues)

Ability to disable aliasing (This will "fix" the MSN issue. Then we can see the differences and see what is really breaking this)

Note: Aliasing can only be enabled/disable at account creation time due to how contacts are stored. So if you want to change the state you need to remove and re-add the account.

(Option is disabled in Edit account screen)

Ability to disable avatars (Save bandwidth etc)
    Note: If you change this setting you need to log off and back on

Added "user agent" option for Live Communicator (Not tested)

Login fix for Live Communicator
    Fixed crash for Live Communicator is a buddys SIP login is in the form of user.name@blah.com. (Also found out user aliasing wont work ever)

Yahoo password issue. Hopefully solved.
    (My logon option now sets the password in the database everytime. Also enter no logon works on the login screen. You must click "Login")
    (I also worked around the error)

Updating account now shows Update or "Update/Sign In" depending on options selected.

Account fields now disable on account form when logging on

Jabber now supports "resources"

ICQ now supports Alias's

And a supprise...... Facebook . It's as best as I can get it and may still crash (Though its worked OK so far). But try it anyway. For now its not included in the AllPlugins

package so you must install this seperately. You may need to login twice for contacts to show properly. The contact list may be the iffy bit now.

HOW TO INSTALL?
    ===============

Remove patch and sysfiles then reboot.
    Install new sysfiles and patch and then reboot for good measure.

DOWNLOADS
    =========

Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...4-Palm-Pre.zip
    Pixi - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    SDK - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...ns2.0.4-Palm-S
    hey greg
    do we still need the gnu patch
  20.    #2120  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey greg
    do we still need the gnu patch
    Hi bluediablito,