Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2438
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Anyway, I was interested in this Alias thing, and I went to the help file in Messenger and I can't find anything on Alias's.

Where is that setting, I want to see if I have it turned on or off.

Is that a LIVE setting or a Messenger setting?
    I haven't installed his plugin yet since Live is the only messenger I use and wanted to be able to test it on a clean pre with no patches installed once he thinks everything is fixed. Anyways, he's adding the setting to enable/disable aliases in 2.04 to try and fix any issues, I believe right now they are on all the time and there's nothing you can do about it (it is set in the messenger client, not your live account). Greg thinks this is what's causing the issue so instead of just disabling it for everyone he wants to give us the choice

Also in webos 1.4 we are getting some "messaging enhancements" and I wonder what they could be, hopefully nothing that will break this or make it difficult for greg to upgrade this plugin.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    Gdial pro look in the apps..
    Ya, thats great and all if I had said I needed a google VOICE app..

Read much?
    Quote Originally Posted by chblogs View Post
    Ya, thats great and all if I had said I needed a google VOICE app..

Read much?
    IM+ is the only 3rd party chat application, and it has google talk. I wouldn't suggest it though if you want an application that actually works.

Calm down a bit, Upperking was only trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    I haven't installed his plugin yet since Live is the only messenger I use and wanted to be able to test it on a clean pre with no patches installed once he thinks everything is fixed. Anyways, he's adding the setting to enable/disable aliases in 2.04 to try and fix any issues, I believe right now they are on all the time and there's nothing you can do about it (it is set in the messenger client, not your live account). Greg thinks this is what's causing the issue so instead of just disabling it for everyone he wants to give us the choice

Also in webos 1.4 we are getting some "messaging enhancements" and I wonder what they could be, hopefully nothing that will break this or make it difficult for greg to upgrade this plugin.
    Actually, Live is the only plugin I use right now and I have it working OK with version 2.0.1, with some patches installed.

Just luck of the draw!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

5. sui
    Hi,
    I installed messaging plugins successfully, but after login to ICQ only a few buddies are shown in the buddy list.

With DebugMP.sh I can see that the contacts not shown seem to not have a display name set. (Although kopete shows me a name instead of the icq-nr)
    It makes no difference whether i have an adress book entry (or not) with or without icq-nr on my pre.

Code:
    (13:44:35) oscar: ssi: adding buddy 5******** to group Privat to local list
    (13:44:36) blist: Updating buddy status for 5******** (ICQ)                                                                                   
    ** Message: buddy_signed_on_off_cb says: 5********'s presence: availability: '0', custom message: '', avatar location: '', display name: '', group name: 'Privat'
    After logging in to the web-based ICQ2Go I set the name manually and after that i now can see the display name in the log file and the person in my buddy list.

Is it possible to show the ICQ-Nr when there's no display name?

regards, sui
    i have a similar problem: almost no buddys are shown in the list, a few in my contacts (where i also can see if they are online or not) but the majority of my contacts remain as numbers if they send me a msg.
    I installed the MessagingPlugins2.0.3-Palm-Pre but I still don't see any MSN or Yahoo........I did the rest right after installing.. but during the install one of the files gave error...Can someone help please?

Thank you
  8.    #2088  
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan View Post
    i have a similar problem: almost no buddys are shown in the list, a few in my contacts (where i also can see if they are online or not) but the majority of my contacts remain as numbers if they send me a msg.
    Hi guys,

I think I know how to fix this one. Ill see if I can update it for 2.0.4. Ill add the alias option to ICQ too and you can enable it and see if it helps.

Thanks,
    Greg
  9.    #2089  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hi, when trying to log in to GMX' XMPP-server i see the following in the output of DebugMP.sh:
    certificate/x509/tls_cached: Name mismatch: Certificate given for xmpp-gmx.gmx.net has a name of gmx.de

because of that it doesn't log in. Is it possible to disable that name-check? I guess it is located somewhere in the SASL login.
    Hi noradtux,

As far as I am aware I cannot disable this. I have sent an email off to the libpurple guys to see how to intercept the certificate prompt but I havent got a reply yet

Try changing your server in the login field to gmx.de and see if that logs on.

Thanks,
    Greg
  10.    #2090  
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonR View Post
    I installed the MessagingPlugins2.0.3-Palm-Pre but I still don't see any MSN or Yahoo........I did the rest right after installing.. but during the install one of the files gave error...Can someone help please?

Thank you
    Hi SimonR,

Did you install the Live and Yahoo IPK's too? Or the Allplugins IPK?

What error did you get?
    What package did you get the error on?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg,

I've turned off backups, doctored my Pre, and run the repair utility to make sure I have a fresh start. I installed th GNU, rebooted, sysfiles, rebooted, patch, rebooted, And just the Novell Groupwise plugin. GW appears in the add account menu and has all the option fields showing. I've tried connecting to 2 different GWIM accounts. The first account is used for my employer and connects to servername.salud.unm.edu. I have entered all the info and tried to connect with TLS on and off, both times it fails to connect to the server. I also tried my account from school which connects to gwim.unm.edu, with TLS on and off, both times it fails to connect to the server. Is there anything I can do on my end to provide you with more info to troubleshoot from? I was thinking perhaps there is some security conflict with my employer's network but the university's should be very open. I do have a security cert I copied from my pidgin install but I want to verify the install location. Also both accounts will login with pidgin but it does prompt for the certificate the first time.

Original
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/

Current?
    /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/purple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi SimonR,

Did you install the Live and Yahoo IPK's too? Or the Allplugins IPK?

What error did you get?
    What package did you get the error on?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

I just installed all files from the MessagingPlugins2.0.3 Zip..... Not sure if the ""Live and Yahoo IPK's" in the same zip... I guess not Here's a copy of the Error ... I uninstalled all and reinstall them but this time I got 2 errors..
    Thank you,
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #2093  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    Greg,

I've turned off backups, doctored my Pre, and run the repair utility to make sure I have a fresh start. I installed th GNU, rebooted, sysfiles, rebooted, patch, rebooted, And just the Novell Groupwise plugin. GW appears in the add account menu and has all the option fields showing. I've tried connecting to 2 different GWIM accounts. The first account is used for my employer and connects to servername.salud.unm.edu. I have entered all the info and tried to connect with TLS on and off, both times it fails to connect to the server. I also tried my account from school which connects to gwim.unm.edu, with TLS on and off, both times it fails to connect to the server. Is there anything I can do on my end to provide you with more info to troubleshoot from? I was thinking perhaps there is some security conflict with my employer's network but the university's should be very open. I do have a security cert I copied from my pidgin install but I want to verify the install location. Also both accounts will login with pidgin but it does prompt for the certificate the first time.

Original
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/

Current?
    /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/purple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/
    Hi Skribbles505,

The current path above is correct. To help troubleshoot more you can root to your Pre and run the following command /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh.

First logout and then run the above command.
    Stay rooted toy our phone and login to GW.
    Then P.M the output of the debug.

Also in pidgin you can view debugging (the same as above) by clicking TOOLS or HELP and selecting debug window. Turn that on and login to GW.

P.M me that output too and ill compare the differences.

Thanks!
    Greg
  14.    #2094  
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonR View Post
    Hi Greg,

I just installed all files from the MessagingPlugins2.0.3 Zip..... Not sure if the ""Live and Yahoo IPK's" in the same zip... I guess not Here's a copy of the Error ... I uninstalled all and reinstall them but this time I got 2 errors..
    Thank you,
    Hi SimonR,

Not sure about the first error that is nothing to do with my app. You must have had another IPK queued up in WebOSQI.

For the second error you need to remove the patch from your phone, restore messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs ($either$ $manually$ $or$ $using$ $the$ $recorder$ $tool$) $then$ $resinstall$ $the$ $patch$.

Greg
    hey greg
    sorry to bother you i was wondering if palm has reply to your request of the webos1.4?
    i just wanted to know if they give you a good reason to why they wont give you webos1.4
    can we summit a petition so you can get it.
  16.    #2096  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey greg
    sorry to bother you i was wondering if palm has reply to your request of the webos1.4?
    i just wanted to know if they give you a good reason to why they wont give you webos1.4
    can we summit a petition so you can get it.
    Hi bluediablito,

No reply yet. I do actually have access I just never got the email which tells me how to access the files to download. So yeah its annoying.

I'm waiting on a reply on that.

If anyone knows someone at Palm give them a nudge for me

Thanks!
    Greg
    hey greg
    i was unable to find what you was looking but i found this link
    (Open Source Packages)Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    sorry if its no help to you
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hi, when trying to log in to GMX' XMPP-server i see the following in the output of DebugMP.sh:
    certificate/x509/tls_cached: Name mismatch: Certificate given for xmpp-gmx.gmx.net has a name of gmx.de

because of that it doesn't log in. Is it possible to disable that name-check? I guess it is located somewhere in the SASL login.
    Thats not the reason why the login failed. Its not an error, just a warning.
    I have just uninstalled all the files from my Pre (getting ready for the 2.0.4). However, my contacts from IM are still in the contact app. I am wondering if I need to go into the contact app and delete all of them manually before I install the new patch?

Greg, thank you so much for making this and you should be eligible for the $1M competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    Thats not the reason why the login failed. Its not an error, just a warning.
    Well, I guess that would have been too easy ...
    So how can I find out why it won't login? It's Messaging-Plugins 2.0.3 on webOS 1.3.5.2.