Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2438
    Greg,

here is something interesting with Yahoo since installing your service, patch, and just the Novell plugin this time. Yahoo constantly gives a message that the password is invalid, but messages from yahoo users were still coming through and instead of showing they're username it showed a number. Not a phone number a random number like sms that don't come from phone generate. Could it be some sort of conflict with the built in yahoo?
    hey greg
    how is the msn patch coming along?
    was you able to solve the problem with this patch?
    How is the testing of it ..and had the testers found any problem ?
    and how is the palm like connection for the messenger idea coming along?
    overall how is life treating you?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Did you reboot after installing?
    Yes, I do !!
  4.    #2064  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey greg
    how is the msn patch coming along?
    was you able to solve the problem with this patch?
    How is the testing of it ..and had the testers found any problem ?
    and how is the palm like connection for the messenger idea coming along?
    overall how is life treating you?
    Hi bluediablito,

I'm doing well thank you. Been very busy though
    Hope you and everyone else is ok!

Everything is going good. Just finalising somethings then I will package it up and test away.

So here is what im hoping will be in the next version...
    Palm's connection method. (WiFi only, should fix many disconnect issues)
    Ability to disable aliasing (This will "fix" the MSN issue. Then we can see the differences and see what is really breaking this)
    Ability to disable avatars (Save bandwidth etc)
    Added "user agent" option for Live Communicator
    Login fix for Live Communicator
    Yahoo password issue. Hopefully solved. (My logon option now sets the password in the database everytime.)
    Updating account now shows Update or "Update/Sign In" depending on options selected.
    Account fields now disable on account form when logging on
    Jabber now supports "resources"

I think thats it. Speak soon and thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 01/29/2010 at 02:52 AM.
    Great news! I'm looking forward to the update.
    Looking forward to this myself as I seem to use Yahoo more than I had previously now.
    thank you for the update
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    Err, first post?!
    Second post, but why does that matter? Instead of just making that comment, why couldn't you point me in the right direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkx View Post
    Second post, but why does that matter? Instead of just making that comment, why couldn't you point me in the right direction?
    ORLY? O_o

He meant to check the FIRST post in the topic!!

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi bluediablito,

I'm doing well thank you. Been very busy though
    Hope you and everyone else is ok!

Everything is going good. Just finalising somethings then I will package it up and test away.

So here is what im hoping will be in the next version...
    Palm's connection method. (WiFi only, should fix many disconnect issues)
    Ability to disable aliasing (This will "fix" the MSN issue. Then we can see the differences and see what is really breaking this)
    Ability to disable avatars (Save bandwidth etc)
    Added "user agent" option for Live Communicator
    Login fix for Live Communicator
    Yahoo password issue. Hopefully solved. (My logon option now sets the password in the database everytime.)
    Updating account now shows Update or "Update/Sign In" depending on options selected.
    Account fields now disable on account form when logging on
    Jabber now supports "resources"

I think thats it. Speak soon and thanks,
    Greg
    By Palm connection method you mean cell tower connection, right?
    thank you for this great patch..it really makes the Pre a lot more useful.

I have just one of the messaging patches installed which is MS Live and its working great.

one thing Ive noticed is the extra battery drain after installing the patch.

Is there anything I can do to circumvent this?

thanks again

Gx
    Hi, when trying to log in to GMX' XMPP-server i see the following in the output of DebugMP.sh:
    certificate/x509/tls_cached: Name mismatch: Certificate given for xmpp-gmx.gmx.net has a name of gmx.de

because of that it doesn't log in. Is it possible to disable that name-check? I guess it is located somewhere in the SASL login.
  13.    #2073  
    Hi everyone,

Version 2.0.4 is coming along well. I have sent it to my testers to check it out. So hopefully we will be able to release in a few days. Check back soon.

F.Y.I I will be on leave for 10 days from Friday my time (Thursday US time). I wont be responding etc etc. Hopefully WebOS 1.4.0 doesn't come out during that time.

I have been bugging Palm for my access to the 1.4.0 beta but not having much luck Ill keep trying.

Speak soon,
    Greg
  14.    #2074  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    thank you for this great patch..it really makes the Pre a lot more useful.

I have just one of the messaging patches installed which is MS Live and its working great.

one thing Ive noticed is the extra battery drain after installing the patch.

Is there anything I can do to circumvent this?

thanks again

Gx
    Hi Griffinx,

Thanks! Unfortunently the battery drain is unavoidable. MSN is a hungry beast. Check out version 2.0.4 when its out as you can turn off Avatars (pictures) which may help alot!

Thanks,
    Greg
  15.    #2075  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    By Palm connection method you mean cell tower connection, right?
    Hi TreoRock,

Yep Palm defaults to cell tower which is a good idea as on WiFi as soon as the phone sleeps WiFi is disabled.

Greg
  16.    #2076  
    Quote Originally Posted by Archite View Post
    Here are some logs I took today when trying to sing on with and without SSL

# Without TLS setting
    2010-01-28T16:53:35.855224Z [331] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: servicename jabber, connectionType wan
    2010-01-28T16:53:36.774230Z [332] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: libpurple initialized.
    2010-01-28T16:53:36.777923Z [332] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Logging in...
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.160125Z [334] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Account connected...
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.410125Z [335] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: getBuddyList called.
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.411834Z [335] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: serviceName jabber
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.456604Z [335] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: registerForIncomingMessages called.

# With TLS setting
    2010-01-28T16:55:21.088928Z [436] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: servicename jabber, connectionType wan
    2010-01-28T16:55:21.089172Z [436] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Logging in...
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.503936Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_login_failed is called with description Lost connection with server: Connection reset by peer
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.504364Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Login failed. Reason: "Lost connection with server: Connection reset by peer", prpl error code: 0
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.504608Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_login_failed is called with description Lost connection with server: Broken pipe
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.504852Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_signed_off_cb

Basically, it's not doing any type of legacy SSL checking.
    Hi Archite,

Did you say this works on Pidgin?

Also can you root to your phone and run /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh ?
    Then log in on with both TLS and not and P.M me the output?

That way I can see the actual error occuring.

Thanks!
    Greg
  17.    #2077  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldpau View Post
    Hi gref

my msn work. It is a beautiful thing. however, Some of the contract have not transfer to pre. Do you have any solution.

Thank

P.S
    Geman GSM Pre
    1.3.5.2 + messagingplugins 2.0.3

Hi ronaldpau,

I believe this is an issue with account alias's. Check out version 2.0.4 when its released. Disable Alias's on MSN and try again.

Post the results

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    A 3rd party google talk application. The one built into the device is horrible. Does anyone know of a better way to use gtalk on the palm pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by chblogs View Post
    A 3rd party google talk application. The one built into the device is horrible. Does anyone know of a better way to use gtalk on the palm pre plus?
    Gdial pro look in the apps..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi ronaldpau,

I believe this is an issue with account alias's. Check out version 2.0.4 when its released. Disable Alias's on MSN and try again.

Post the results

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi, I don't care who answers this question, I don't want to bother Greg, he's busy getting 2.04 ready.

I also use LIVE, I'm not having too much problems (but I'm using an older version 2.01).

Anyway, I was interested in this Alias thing, and I went to the help file in Messenger and I can't find anything on Alias's.

Where is that setting, I want to see if I have it turned on or off.

Is that a LIVE setting or a Messenger setting?

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)