Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammi123 View Post
    Hi Greg,

big thx for your Work I really appreciate it!
    Im mainly using ICQ but since the new update of your Plugins I cant send any messages. I am online and can see all my buddies which can see my online status too. They can even send me messages but I cant reply nor can I send anything to anyone via the ICQ plugin.

Can u help me?

Thx in advance!
    I had that issue with a previous version (skipped version 2 until yesterday). I think I narrowed it down to when I lost phone signal and was logged in and then logged in again when i regained phone signal. Sounds a bit weird, but everytime I got onto the underground and we entered a tunnel, I had to restart Java in order to get ICQ to work again. Similar issues when switching from WiFi to phone signal.

Currently, I have the spinning login issue and as of this morning, only two contacts of each plugin get loaded. I killed WiFi and set to plane mode yesterday night though, might have been what killed the plugins.

Oh, by the way: i second the pre way on how the plugins should connect. Really, IM does need next to nothing of your bandwidth. If you're unsure, just hit netstat an check out. O2 Germany throttles bandwidth after 3 gigs IIRC and then reverts to GSM speed. I was a long-time modem user, and IMs are still fast on 32k phone lines. I'm running netstat for like 2 months now. It reports 125 megs of used bandwidth on the phone interface.

Long story short: ICQ and Live work, but the login error is a bugger.

And: +1 for the palm way (connect via phone interface whether wifi or not)

Cheers
  2. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    When I try to install the sysfiles or the patch, I get this error:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Application Path=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, { “com.palm.properties.version”: Palm webOS 1.3.5.1” }
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch.postinst: line 44: cannot open /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/Patches/1.3/messaging-constants.patch: no such file

I can no longer see it in Preware to uninstall the plugin now, as well. I tried once before (errors popped up), didn't work, uninstalled, re-installed (errors still popped up), but this time I can't uninstall. I tried EPR, but that didn't uninstall it. Could anybody tell me how to proceed?
    Anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Do you have the sms tones patch installed? If so that's why you're getting this error. There's a conflict between these patches. You can only run one of them.
  4. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Do you have the sms tones patch installed? If so that's why you're getting this error. There's a conflict between these patches. You can only run one of them.
    Nope, never had that patch. I ran Emergency Patch Recovery and then tried again and it still didn't work.
    GSM Palm pre (o2)
    Firmware: 1.3.5.2

70 apps or patches installed :-)

Hi,

now i have all messaging patches installed and everthing works fine!

the only negativ aspect is that the connect is a little bit slow ...umts and wlan

very good work!! Thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Here are a few things to note on the Jabber plugin:

1. While TLS may work, connections using SSL will not.
    2. Cannot set resource. If this is too hard, can we have a better default than "Home"
    3. Not really a huge issue but cannot set priority. 0 -> away and 1-> available are okay though.
    Copied the whole com.palm.app.messaging folder from doctor to the 1.3.5.0 pre, install the plugins successfully, but msn and gtalk keep logging in and no contact shows.
    I uninstalled eveything with WQI, then update the pre to 1.3.5.1, and can't install the plugins, telling me that messaging-constants.jsjsjs $has$ $already$ $been$ $patched$.
    Seems the uninstallation doesn't work well.
    What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by duncken View Post
    copied the whole com.palm.app.messaging folder from doctor to the 1.3.5.0 pre, install the plugins successfully, but msn and gtalk keep logging in and no contact shows.
    I uninstalled eveything with wqi, then update the pre to 1.3.5.1, and can't install the plugins, telling me that messaging-constants.jsjsjs $has$ $already$ $been$ $patched$.
    Seems the uninstallation doesn't work well.
    What should i do?
    can you please tell me how to extract folders from the doctor? Thanks!
  9.    #2049  
    Quote Originally Posted by Archite View Post
    Here are a few things to note on the Jabber plugin:

1. While TLS may work, connections using SSL will not.
    2. Cannot set resource. If this is too hard, can we have a better default than "Home"
    3. Not really a huge issue but cannot set priority. 0 -> away and 1-> available are okay though.
    Hi Archite,

Thanks for the feedback.

No.1 - How come? Do you know why? Pidgin only has one option "Force TLS/SSL"
    No 2 - Ill try and include this in the next version if not the one after.
    No 3 - I dont know what this is?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Archite,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,
    Greg
    here it is

XEP-0168: Resource Application Priority
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    can you please tell me how to extract folders from the doctor? Thanks!
    that's easy, winrar or 7-zip
    Hi gref

my msn work. It is a beautiful thing. however, Some of the contract have not transfer to pre. Do you have any solution.

Thank

P.S
    Geman GSM Pre
    1.3.5.2 + messagingplugins 2.0.3
  13.    #2053  
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    Hi guys,

According to Protocol Specific Questions – Pidgin – Trac libpurple (which this is all based on) does not support priorities.

I will add resource selection though

Greg
    Funny thing, I removed the MSN plugin, deleted all messaging accounts, rebooted the pre and now the following...

Before this, I could only see the first two contacts of both my messaging accounts. For ICQ having worked fine before, and even stopped spinning the wheel after like 4 hours, I assumed this was because of the Live plugin.

So now, after the above, there's still only 4 contacts displayed. Oh, and the spinning wheel won't stop.

As a side note, I installed the individual patch files (first icq, verified it worked fine, then live - worked fine for a night, now doesn't), will try with the all patch later and report back.

frostea
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi Archite,

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Here are some logs I took today when trying to sing on with and without SSL

# Without TLS setting
    2010-01-28T16:53:35.855224Z [331] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: servicename jabber, connectionType wan
    2010-01-28T16:53:36.774230Z [332] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: libpurple initialized.
    2010-01-28T16:53:36.777923Z [332] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Logging in...
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.160125Z [334] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Account connected...
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.410125Z [335] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: getBuddyList called.
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.411834Z [335] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: serviceName jabber
    2010-01-28T16:53:39.456604Z [335] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: registerForIncomingMessages called.

# With TLS setting
    2010-01-28T16:55:21.088928Z [436] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Parameters: servicename jabber, connectionType wan
    2010-01-28T16:55:21.089172Z [436] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Logging in...
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.503936Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_login_failed is called with description Lost connection with server: Connection reset by peer
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.504364Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: Login failed. Reason: "Lost connection with server: Connection reset by peer", prpl error code: 0
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.504608Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_login_failed is called with description Lost connection with server: Broken pipe
    2010-01-28T16:55:22.504852Z [438] palm-webos-device user.info LibpurpleAdapterExt: account_signed_off_cb

Basically, it's not doing any type of legacy SSL checking.
    OK i felt bad so here you go. I havent tested it but it should work now

GSM 2.0.2 no need to update.

Files below...

PIXI
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

PRE
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...3-Palm-Pre.zip

SDK
    ===
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...3-Palm-SDK.zip

Thanks!
    Greg
    Hi Greg!

I'm a Pre-User from Germany.

After problems with the 2.0.0-Plugins I have deinstall them.

Since this time I reinstall the 2.0.0-Plugins (No plugins are shown in Preware). Then I take a new chance by installing the new 2.0.3-Plugins.

But there are no reaction on the pre in the messaging-menu. No msn, no icq or anything else.

I didn 't know, what 's the problem. Can you help me, please ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer View Post
    Hi Greg!

Since this time I reinstall the 2.0.0-Plugins (No plugins are shown in Preware). Then I take a new chance by installing the new 2.0.3-Plugins.

But there are no reaction on the pre in the messaging-menu. No msn, no icq or anything else.

Did you reboot after installing?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I know I am being extremely lazy but there are 104 pages to read through on this thread, too much for me too read.

Is there a patch/mod that allows icq to work with webos in some way? If so can someone point me in the right direction to get it working.

Again, I apologize for my laziness in not searching more thoroughly.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkx View Post
    I know I am being extremely lazy but there are 104 pages to read through on this thread, too much for me too read.

Is there a patch/mod that allows icq to work with webos in some way? If so can someone point me in the right direction to get it working.

Again, I apologize for my laziness in not searching more thoroughly.

Thanks.
    Err, first post?!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer View Post
    Hi Greg!

Take a look at Palm Pre - Messenger Patch 2.0.3 für FW 1.3.5.x [Anleitung]

Works for me !