Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2438
    Greg, I've seen something since the 1.x versions of your plugins:

Is there someyhing like id's or graphics in the databases between Live and Yahoo?

The reason as follows:

I had the plugins installed in 1.2.5, bach when there were no Yahoo in WebOS. I left my msn account in my profile and doctored my Pre to 1.3.5. After this, I had two accounts, a Gtalk and a Yahoo one, which when I proceeded to delete got announced as a "Live Messenger" account. I paid no further attention to that as I was playing Quake and NFS :-)

Fast forward to some days ago. I've been toying around with the plugins, tried to Doctor my Pre to 1.3.5 to get 1.3.5.2 (couldn't get the trick to work), and ended up with a badly doctored Pre which could not keep network time correctly.

Yesterday I doctored it using Telcel's official 1.3.5.1 (EPR and everything) and I think I got the time issue fixed, but there was something odd:

I installed:
    sysfiles
    patch
    live
    office communicator
    (all from version 2.0.3)

And guess what? In the Add Account I had 4 options:
    Gtalk
    Aim
    Yahoo (??)
    Office Communicator

Yep, Yahoo (if I don't install anything I just have Gtalk and Aim)

I deleted the individual protocol files and installed the "all" ipk. This time I got every protocol, even Yahoo and Live.

So, there are several questions

1. Is it that we in Mexico don't have Yahoo and your plugins somehow activated it?

2. Am I just high and I'm seeing things?

3. Could this be related to some guys having trouble with their passwords on Yahoo and Live?

4. I'm still receiving 40 contacts or so, and the gray spinning wheel of battery drain keeps going and going

I hope this helps. Thanks again Greg!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    dray_jr
    to make the spinning stop spin in the same direction (no just kidding hope you have some sense of humor)

in the previews post people have tried different thing and has made it stop
    1.change your status from on to busy and back to on.
    2.delete the account and restart and re enter your account
    3.create a different account and add the new one and then add the old one again
    4.(works for me) let it spin till its done (this is determine by how many contact you have on your buddy list. the larger the list the longer the waite)
    5............uninstall the app and reinstall it (if it spin and you see one contact then its running normally i would keep it and try the other steps)
    Wow i had to uninstall all the plugins fully restart the device reinstall then restart the device and everything works great. only thing missing is display names for xfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Is there someyhing like id's or graphics in the databases between Live and Yahoo?
    +1 .. Have the same thing on my Bell Pre, never had Yahoo as an option before installing the Live plugin, but can't complain! The more the options the better it is..
    dray_jr
    happy to hear that its working...
    lets hope greg can make some modifications and make it better
    First: Great Job!

pls. include for the installation process following information on a new device:
    After installing the WebOSQuickInstall and successfully connecting the phone ( read Manual of WQI for enabling interface, then check with Tools->Device Manager) you will have to select Tools->Tweaks to first install the GNU Patch (Base).

If this is not done before the packages can not be installed, even if you tried hard for some hour (... stupid me).

anyway, the results are worth the effort!

regards,
    A. den Toom
    The MSN Live plugin does work, but it has some hiccups. I was chatting with somebody this morning after I stopped the signing in.. wheel and suddenly I got kicked out and it didn't want to log me in again. I just saw the wheel spinning and spinning.
    I do think that it may have some problems with buddies that may have long comments on their accounts or maybe use foreign characters.
    TreoRock
    i think so (i agree with "I do think that it may have some problems with buddies that may have long comments on their accounts or maybe use foreign characters. "
    my brother Buddie name has his name "Thomas" and that is the first name that appears on the list
    but i have a Korean friend with her contact name is in Korean and it still load as quickly as my brothers names.... theirs another person who is always online and that person has never shown on my list since the new release of this app and i think it is because of the smile face on his name .
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Does the alias drop names over a certain length, or ones that contain certain characters? We typically use "Messenger Plus," and as such our names tend to contain BBcode and the like. Mine for example, "[c=#b9091e][b ]「Misaki」[/b][/c=#dc143c]".

I renamed myself "Test" to see if it would grab that, and it did.

Just showing you with the exception of evil Timmy, we tend to have the longer names. lol.

Back on the Pre, I think it's only pulling around 40 friends on my list. So that's 40/130 before it stops and seemingly goes into another infinite loop. I did see Japanese characters pop up fairly quickly on some people's names. So that's not an issue like I thought it was going to be.

Could someone explain Avatars to me? Originally I thought everyone was talking about just the picture that appear next to the messages - but I've been getting other people's to appear since 1.2.3, so I'm not particularly sure to what people are referring to.
    Last edited by Misaki Ki; 01/25/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Gitah~
    Hey Greg,

Good job so far on the plugin. However, I would like to use an older version, as 2.0.3 will not sign me in and stay signed in, it keeps giving me the bad password prompt after loading all my contacts (So I know it isn't a bad password).

2.0.2 worked much better for me, is there any place I can download it? I tried the previous links you posted but they all download 2.0.3.

Thanks bud.
  10. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    When I try to install the sysfiles or the patch, I get this error:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Application Path=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, { “com.palm.properties.version”: Palm webOS 1.3.5.1” }
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch.postinst: line 44: cannot open /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/Patches/1.3/messaging-constants.patch: no such file

I can no longer see it in Preware to uninstall the plugin now, as well. I tried once before (errors popped up), didn't work, uninstalled, re-installed (errors still popped up), but this time I can't uninstall. I tried EPR, but that didn't uninstall it. Could anybody tell me how to proceed?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    dray_jr
    happy to hear that its working...
    lets hope greg can make some modifications and make it better
    well i am going to have to retract my statment it worked that night but i also was not using it because i was sleeping. but this morning i was using it and way having alot of issues with the phone in general.
    Aim-worked ofcourse
    Yahoo- signed in once and then it would randomly give me the wrong password problem,
    MSN- signed in once and loaded my contacts once.
    Xfire- loaded a couple times but sence i got home from work it wont load any of my contacts.

Problems i have ran into:

early this morning when i was signed into aim,yahoo,live.gtalk,xfire i was experencing alot of freezing and slow/lag on the whole phone. so i logged off aim,yahoo, xfire. i was just loged into live and i was not able to reload my contacts and i was still getting major lag and freezes. So i loged out of live and tried loging into xfire and it would not load my contacts and i was still having major lag problems. so i removed all of account but my txt and gtalk and the lag issues went away. So i am not sure what is going on but just some bugs to figure out when ever u get a chance.

I am going to docter my pre back down to the stock WebOS version and install just the plugins and then update and see how it goes and report back here. because i know for a fact that all the plugins work great on the stock WebOS version that comes on the sprint pre. i Will report back in about a hour with my results.

My plans:
    Remove all Apps,plugins,patches,everything but stock stuff.
    Docter Pre to 1.3.1
    install messenger patch and test it
    then upgrade to the newest patch with noting installed and see how it work
    Wish me luck
  12.    #2012  
    Quick update.

I think I have the Live spinning issue sorted! Will be fixed in the next version.

Could someone with the yahoo password issue please post the exact error message and also P.M the output of the following command run as root?

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.accounts/getAllAccountTypesForService {service:'IM'}

Thanks!
    Greg
    Hello,

everytime I install all the patches and things for icq to run on my german gsm Pre I got the following problem. Icq and msn are working very well but I canīt download any other apps from the app catalog. The Pre is trying to donwload but failing and I guess still trying in the background because the battery is draining very fast in 2-4 % steps. Till in remove the patches and the pre complete the donwloads of the apps I tried before. What can be the problem? Someone an idea?
    hi everyone.

Iīve tried the previous versions of this app and i really love it, but ive been passing trough many problems since this new version has arrived.
    I donīt know if its a problem of the WebOsQuickInstall or of my version of webos (its 1.3.5.2).
    First of the problems was that i couldnīt install any of the patches included in the messaging plugins package. even having the package manager installed and the gnu patch installed as well.
    I found that there are some sync problems between preware and the WOSQI, and i found that it works for me if i install the patches in both ways. This means that, installing the gnu patch, i had to install it via WOSQI by going to Tools>Tweaks. That installed me both the gnu and the diffstat patches, but not correctly, because in Tools>Device Management those didnīt appear, and didnīt appear in Preware as well. And i couldnt install the messaging plugins.
    Then i tried to reinstall them via preware, and when that was done i could see them installed via Preware and WOSQI too (if i install them only via Preware they dont appear in WOSQI and i cannot install the messaging plugins as well).
    At this point i was pretty happy. I tried to install the messagingsysfiles and it worked, but when i try to install the messagingpatch this error appears:

Application Path=/usr/lib/luna/applications:/var/luna/applications:/var/usr/lib/luna/applications:/usr/palm/applications:/var/usr/palm/applications:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, { “com.palm.properties.version”: Palm webOS 1.3.5.2” }
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch.postinst: line 44: cannot open /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/Patches/1.3/messaging-constants.patch: no such file

And iīm stucked here, so i would like to have some help from you guys, or from you, greg, but i suppose you are too busy.

PD: i posted my method of installing the gnu patch because there may be some people that have the same problem and dont write any post here.

And sorry for my english!
    New today on the pre catalog IM+ as a option for your msn extra.
    I bought it and it works pretty good..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    My other thread has ground to a halt and I am desperate.
    I read that Yahoo Messenger is only in US 1.3.5.1, I have the UK one and I can't enable it, when I go into contacts and press a Yahoo contact it says 'This IM is not supported'.
    I read this thread and applied the patches but my phone asked for a restore and although they installed it did not work. Is there any way I can get YM in UK please, not a webapp I need notifications I use YM more than texting.
    one Funny thing i ran into last night is that i did a Full erase on my phone last night after i gave up on using this for right now and i had yahoo as a choice in the account list. But after i installed the Sysfiles and thepatch yahoo is no longer in the list but ym account is still synced. Also one thing that this patch dose fix is when i sync my google account for the first time after i install this it will sync all 161 of my contacts to my phone. but if i sync my google account with this not installed i was only getting 14 contacts.

God i love software and hardware works for some not for others lol anyway great job greg. i know you will get the bugs worked out so i will test till u put another updated version out lol. i will post my instalation steps tonight when i get off work

So i tried everything last night even installing it on 1.3.1 and still cannot gett it to work so i have to be doing something wrong i am going to post my steps
    Ok I just got it to work, so relieved, this is what I did:
    Updated to 1.3.5.2
    Enabled Dev mode
    Installed preware
    Installed gnupatch from preware
    Downloaded webosquickinstall
    Dowloaded zip from first post
    Dropped the files 'org...all plugins' 'org...messagingpatch' and 'org..sysfiles' from the zip into webosquickinstall
    Pressed install
    Waited
    Rebooted, then all the IM accounts were in messaging app.

I think the instructions are complicated in the first post unless you already have some knowledge of the Palm o/s, I only bought mine yesterday but I am used to hacking into my iPhone so it hasn't been too bad.

Just want to say thanks to the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
    Also one thing that this patch dose fix is when i sync my google account for the first time after i install this it will sync all 161 of my contacts to my phone. but if i sync my google account with this not installed i was only getting 14 contacts.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think the Accounts app should get your entire contact list and the Messaging app only gets your chat (google talk) contacts.
  20. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subnormio View Post
    hi everyone.

Iīve tried the previous versions of this app and i really love it, but ive been passing trough many problems since this new version has arrived.
    I donīt know if its a problem of the WebOsQuickInstall or of my version of webos (its 1.3.5.2).
    First of the problems was that i couldnīt install any of the patches included in the messaging plugins package. even having the package manager installed and the gnu patch installed as well.
    I found that there are some sync problems between preware and the WOSQI, and i found that it works for me if i install the patches in both ways. This means that, installing the gnu patch, i had to install it via WOSQI by going to Tools>Tweaks. That installed me both the gnu and the diffstat patches, but not correctly, because in Tools>Device Management those didnīt appear, and didnīt appear in Preware as well. And i couldnt install the messaging plugins.
    Then i tried to reinstall them via preware, and when that was done i could see them installed via Preware and WOSQI too (if i install them only via Preware they dont appear in WOSQI and i cannot install the messaging plugins as well).
    At this point i was pretty happy. I tried to install the messagingsysfiles and it worked, but when i try to install the messagingpatch this error appears:

** Message:serviceResponse Handling: 2, { “com.palm.properties.version”: Palm webOS 1.3.5.2” }

And iīm stucked here, so i would like to have some help from you guys, or from you, greg, but i suppose you are too busy.

PD: i posted my method of installing the gnu patch because there may be some people that have the same problem and dont write any post here.

And sorry for my english!
    Ya, I have the exact same problem, except with 1.3.5.1