Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This app is awaiting moderation.
    What happened it was up, i went to use filecoaster to install, it didn't show. Then went to use the url download, and it dissappeared. Is there something wrong? I think this would be the best game for the pre so far.

*looks like its finally setup properly...weird...will post against after i'd played a bit.
    Last edited by breakinghbts; 09/28/2009 at 05:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I just downloaded it in Preware and it works just fine.

Early impressions:

Cool.
    The text in the cards should be moved a few pixels to the right, away from the edge of the screen. The "Pay" button when you land on a street should be labeled "Buy", the Pay/Asset buttons should be spaced a little further apart, and maybe make the Assets button a different color.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    the boardshould be shown from a birds eye view, with all notifications occurring in the middle. Its too hard to see wherey ou are on the board. should also be able to select number of players, etc
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    i refuse to download this as I hate applications with the word 'Pre' in them. If you want applications to be cross compliant and let people KNOW they can be used on other WebOS devices I would stop naming every application created with 'Pre' in the name.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    I love it and i love the name ...its so cute
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    i refuse to download this as I hate applications with the word 'Pre' in them. If you want applications to be cross compliant and let people KNOW they can be used on other WebOS devices I would stop naming every application created with 'Pre' in the name.
    Lets start with your name and title(pre developer)
    JK!
    great to see a Monopoly clone on the Pre. As mentioned above, I would love to see a multi - player option on a future update. (pass and play to start, but even an OTA game would be great) I think with some tweaks (mostly already addressed above) this can be a really solid game.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    JK!
    lol
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    JK!
    i thought the same thing! lol!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I found a glitch.

If I go to jail and DON'T roll doubles...I click the "Pay" button to buy my way out of jail...then I can't continue. The only button I have is "Assets".

I have to close the app, reopen the app, chose "Continue Game", and it puts me right where I left off...only this time there's the "Continue" button as an option below "Assets"
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Excuse me, but I'm just saying.... Isn't your username "PreGame" and doesn't your moniker say "Pre Developer?" Aren't you kind of going against your own advice? Or should I say PreVice?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I know this is like the first version, so I'll give it some slack.

Some obvious things I'm sure the developer has on their sheet:

- Sound effects
    - Minor bug fixes
    - Customize game like Pass Go rule and # of players
    - Choosing your piece
    - Birds eye view
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I've passed "Go" a few times and not gotten paid. Bummer.

Must be the downturn in the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I found a glitch.

If I go to jail and DON'T roll doubles...I click the "Pay" button to buy my way out of jail...then I can't continue. The only button I have is "Assets".

I have to close the app, reopen the app, chose "Continue Game", and it puts me right where I left off...only this time there's the "Continue" button as an option below "Assets"
    I came here to explain this bug.. So I can second this. Thanks for explaining the workaround. Also, a little OCD I had was that if I land on an unowned property, the button says "pay" rather than "buy" which at first lead me to believe it's owned.

great start, by the way!
    That's a really funny comment from a developer who has "Pre" in its name.
    I found a glitch.

I too can vouch for this and say that the workaround works. However in this process I found another glitch:

I ended up rolling doubles after the workaround to get out of jail and landed in the Chance space which gave me the card to take a ride on the "Reading" which is also referred to as "Redline" in the same box. Anyway, I didn't collect $200 for passing go like the card indicates.

Good start to the game so far though.

Would also be cool if you could offer multiple properties in trades.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    It's cute, good concept, love the social circle. Like the 4th poster, the view makes it extremely difficult to determine which piece is on the table. Perhaps a linear view or something visually "new" for this genre is in order given the medium we're playing it on. Conceptually the game would be the same.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.
    I'm confused.... your login name is PREGAME.... shouldn't you change it to

CROSSCOMPLIANTGAME ?
    I've passed "Go" a few times and not gotten paid. Bummer.

Must be the downturn in the economy.
    ditto. Also, it would be cool to be able to see the board better and to be able to see what the values of properties are when trading.

Awesome game otherwise!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast