Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I tried installing from Preware Getting an Error unable to install??

any ideas?

attached is the error message I am getting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 03/10/2010 at 03:53 PM.
  2.    #142  
    [I]webos-internals.org and preware.org server outage Tue 23:00 UTC for up to 8h[I]

Unfortunately I pushed 0.0.10 about half an hour after this upgrade started... Preware still points to 0.0.9 which is gone from precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post
    [I]webos-internals.org and preware.org server outage Tue 23:00 UTC for up to 8h[I]

Unfortunately I pushed 0.0.10 about half an hour after this upgrade started... Preware still points to 0.0.9 which is gone from precentral.
    When Will it work correctly?
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    When Will it work correctly?
    Preware was back up when I tested it this morning, so any further issues aren't their fault.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I used file coster to get the update, just posted the URL in the box and Boom, just like that I had version 0.10! Works great!
    Hi,

I have a stupid question. Whenever I try to install this - either from the download link on the Homebrew Apps page or by cut & paste link in box, it looks like the app downloads, then nothing happens. A notification is up that showed the download progress, then a white arrow pointing to the right appears. If I tap on the notification, I get the error message "Unable To Open File This file format is not supported".

I know there's probably something simple I should be doing, I'm just too stupid to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,
    Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Old Colony and Columbia have hotels as shown on the game board, but when I access Assets, one might have a house and the other appear mortgaged. Back on the game board, the hotels remain visible. This has occurred more than once. On one occasion, I un-mortgaged the property and repurchased the hotels. The last time, I left the properties alone but no one landed on them so I was unable to see what rent the game would charge.

The game play is blazing since the update, by the way. The improved game board also is a plus.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Mysterious mortgaging and disappearing hotels appear to occur when another player is bankrupted. A third player landed on the affected property, and rent for one house instead of one hotel was collected.

ALSO, occasionally when a computer player buys buys houses, the purchases are erroneously listed "Dog buys . . ."; the houses appear on the correct player's property, however.

AND players appear to be collecting rent in jail even when the preference box isn't checked.

FINALLY, bankrupt players appear to be contributing funds when a player gets a card instructing other players to contribute cash. The names of bankrupt players (with amounts) are listed as contributors at least.

I think that's all I've got.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 03/20/2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: last update
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I have a stupid question. Whenever I try to install this - either from the download link on the Homebrew Apps page or by cut & paste link in box, it looks like the app downloads, then nothing happens.
    Never mind. I installed Preware and installed it from there.
    Love the game... any way to get the 10% or $200 square to work correctly? I think it's just a glitch or typo somewhere. When i play i seem to get between 25 and 50% taxed instead of the 10% (0.10x my wallet balance or the $200). Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by trekki View Post
    Love the game... any way to get the 10% or $200 square to work correctly? I think it's just a glitch or typo somewhere. When i play i seem to get between 25 and 50% taxed instead of the 10% (0.10x my wallet balance or the $200). Thanks!
    Actually, the 10% applies to your net worth, not just your cash balance.
    Playing in the latest version the rent on stations appears to go $25 > $50 > $75 > $100, rather than $25 > $50 > $100 > $200. Also, rent still appears to be being paid on mortgaged properties, which I'm sure didn't used to happen
    I'm experiencing constant bugs. SO many times my houses/hotels disappear in my assets screen but stay on the main screen; sometimes it's someone else's turn and the messages say "dog (me) bought houses for blah" and such. I just had a strip with 3 hotels disappear, totally ruining me!
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    When I close the game and reopen, all my custom property names go back to default and my prefs totally change. I have to restart my Pre to get my settings/property names back. Also, the "Turn off computer trades" is not working-they still offer me trades. When I press accept by accident I'm totally screwed. If there was one level of undo it would really be helpful. A LOT of the bugs have been fixed and this is a really fun game, but still needs a few tweaks.
  14.    #154  
    preferences fix wasn't getting pushed to cookie
    trade frequency preference was inversed
    Get out of jail free cards are in lou of payment, not automatic
    in trade screen request money slider max is player's motgagable assets
    Old Colony was getting morgaged on bankrupt
    Railroad rent was borked

I think there are still a couple issues with jail payments. If you encounter them them let me know.
    Thanks for the update.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Thank you for the update. The computer's trading behavior is vastly improved. Here are some bugs I've noticed:

I'm still collecting rent in jail, and bankrupted players still show up in donation lists.

Although I have not lost any hotels when another player went bankrupt, a computer player lost all but one house on the the purple properties and had one property mortgaged when a second computer player went bankrupt. I've only seen this once since the last update [Update: just once, early on, and not since then. No replication.]

When other players sell houses to raise funds, the houses remain on the gameboard. However, the asset screen correctly reflects the unimproved nature of the properties, and the player receives the correct rent. I have seen this occur several times.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 04/12/2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Update
    I want to say thank you for this fun game. I enjoy playing but if I could make one suggestion. When a trade offer is extended from a computer player it would be nice to have be able to look at your assets before accepting or rejecting the offer. In other words, on the same pop-up with the accept and reject buttons, add a view assets button. Thanks again for this great game.
    since last update my players (computer and me) have been collecting money from morgaged property and while in jail; how do I fix this problem?
    I think a good feature to add is if a player lands on a property and they are unable to pay the full amount the player goes into bankruptcy and is out of the game. When this happens the player who owns the property get nothing in way of rent payment. I would suggest that the player that owns the property should either get all the bankrupted players holdings or at least the cash value of the holding.
    Quote Originally Posted by actionlad View Post
    since last update my players (computer and me) have been collecting money from morgaged property and while in jail; how do I fix this problem?
    in the preferences, there is a checkbox for "receive rent in jail"... mine is unchecked but I still receive rent. Maybe it's backwards.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast