Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    one suggestion...

When the computer makes an offer, The names of the streets are all different than the normal board and it's tough to tell at first glance which properties they are offering. The only way to know for sure is to reject the offer, figure out which properties they are involving in the deal, and then hope that they offer the deal again (or re-offer it yourself)

maybe changing the color of the text of the property names to their respective colors, within the pop up message. This will at least give an idea of which properties that they are actually offering.
    I would like to 2nd this suggestion.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    i've simply renamed the properties, red 1, red 2, red 3 and so on. makes trading a lot easier.

this is a fun game to multitask with (like watch tv) since you don't have to pay attention to it at all times.
    Hotels on every property.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #124  
    options enable "for pay to free parking"
    sell houses before trading property
    add half value of houses during trade due to loss
    colorise properties in trade screen
    fixed a bug that kept computer from mortgaging during a trade
    pick random players each game (priority to humans)
    computer tells you how many properties you own when requesting a trade
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    awesome. Where do I donate? I've certainly used this enough.
    Nice improvements in the update! Keep up the great work!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you know my wife LOVES this game. Hoping for multi player in the future.
    If a card sends me to GO I don't get paid! If I roll a doubles in jail I don't get out! No computer player ever offers me a deal, but they sell their own property to each other at the drop of a hat. The Community Chest and Chance cards shouldn't be randomized every time you draw one, but randomized once at the beginning of the game and when they are all selected, reshuffle the deck. i find myself getting sent to jail, and paying for hotels and houses on my property entirely too often. I'm still addicted to the game, but if these changes were made I would be ecstatic!
    If you close the application and then re-open and continue the game you can do your turn over.
    Great game, thanks!

Two things:
    1. It says I can sell my "Get Out Of Jail" card but either I don't know how to do that or it's not enabled yet.
    2. Is there a way to turn off all the trade offers, they're usually bad offers and get's annoying to keep pressing "Reject"?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    from the menu screen (back swipe if in a game) you can go to settings and turn off cpu offer trades
  12.    #132  
    fixed a no $200 for passing go from a chance card
    computer won't trade if they own the monopoly
    computer will now trade for property even if it won't create a monopoly
    fixed bug where computer would offer a trade but not have enough money
    made the "computer offers trades" into an adjustable frequency
    complex debts similar to a bank mortgage with interest and payments
    fixed the auto-focus issue on the prefences page
    banker mode allows you to play as the banker (kinda dumb)
    fixed bug that that let you continue after winning. (sorry)
    added shading to purchased properties on board.
    added house/hotel icons on board.
    added menu items for "preferences" and "assets"

I may have introduced more bugs than I fixed. I added a lot of stuff. I picked it up again because I thought it would be interesting to see if a more realistic mortgage system works better than the original rules. I'm not sure how much it adds to the game though.

I also played with google code. Check it out if you want:
    preopoly - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    sweet. I bought the ea version but the cpu is so stingy in that game with trades that it's not fun to play. Your game is still the most fun plus itdoesn't pause when switching cards.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I was notified of an update to this app this morning via Preware, tried updating it through preware and it errored out.

So I removed it, then tried reinstalling it, and it gave me an mdchecksum error.

So I got into WebOSQuickinstall and tried to do it that way, and it acted like it installed fine, but it didn't show up on my app list. So I go back into WebOSQuickInstall, and it's not listed in my applist there either.

I try reinstalling again with WebOSQuickInstall, same issue.

Guess no preopoly for me

EDIT: Tried installing through Preware again, and it worked. Not sure what the problem was.
    Last edited by Tubal; 03/09/2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    BUG: $NaN shows up instead of amount and game freezes up when you land on the 10% box. Do I have to set the bank rates?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    BUG: $NaN shows up instead of amount and game freezes up when you land on the 10% box. Do I have to set the bank rates?
    It appears you have to set the mortage rate, house buyback rate, and unmortgage rate in the preferences.

I also had the game freeze when you land on 10%, and also, on the properties, the 'House Cost' shows up as $NaN. I'm guessing this will cause problems when buying houses.

This release wasn't quite finished.

EDIT: Still an awesome game though. Kudos lawrenqj!
    Last edited by Tubal; 03/09/2010 at 09:49 PM.
  17.    #137  
    I didn't update the preferences cookie object correctly from version 0.0.8 . I pushed a new version which should address this.

Keep those bugs coming...
    Great game, Thank you.

Came here to post about the $NaN house cost issue, but seen that should be fixed.

The diagram at the bottom of the screen with currently owned properties has vanished as well, was that intended?

Also just wondering if it's possible to add an option to not automatically use the get out of jail free card, as some times it's is more to your advantage to stay in jail for a few turns.

Another useful one would be to word wrap in the assests list, as some properties + player name + houses are a lot longer than a line is, and you can't see all the information.

Last request would be on option to select the currency you play in, but that should be way down the list to look at.

Thanks
    The diagram at the bottom of the screen with currently owned properties has vanished as well, was that intended?
    It's still there for me. If you have any notices on the bottom you need to swipe them away to see it.
    Silly me, had an alarm set for tomorrow morning that was hiding them all.

Thanks alpinejag
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast