Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    The computer had a monopoly with the light blues and I bought one off of him. The houses/hotels stayed on the properties and we did get rent for them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    one suggestion...

When the computer makes an offer, The names of the streets are all different than the normal board and it's tough to tell at first glance which properties they are offering. The only way to know for sure is to reject the offer, figure out which properties they are involving in the deal, and then hope that they offer the deal again (or re-offer it yourself)

maybe changing the color of the text of the property names to their respective colors, within the pop up message. This will at least give an idea of which properties that they are actually offering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    Quick Bug:

I thought that if you rolled doubles to get out of jail, you did not get to roll again. However, if you roll doubles to get out of jail now, you can roll again and take another turn.

Is this a bug, or do I have the Monopoly rules wrong?

- X
    You're right, that's a bug, though it is a common misunderstanding of the rules. The same is true of needing to pay $50 even after waiting 3 turns in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    The computer had a monopoly with the light blues and I bought one off of him. The houses/hotels stayed on the properties and we did get rent for them.
    Yeah, I tried this the other day too. I was bankrupt and was able to buy a hoteled property, sell the hotels to raise money to pay the rent. It also unsold the hotels on the other properties in the group.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Another possible bug:

My understanding of the rules was that when a player when bankrupt on your property, his/her propeties became yours; they did not revert back to the bank. The only way for properties to revert back to the back was if a player went bankrupt on a fee space, or by a card.

In Preopoly, when a player goes bankrupt, no matter where, properties revert to the bank for resale.

Also, though I believe this was mentioned before, some properties have their rent doubled when houses/hotels have been added. I've really only noticed this on the Mediterranean / Baltic properties; doubling those rents make them quite formidable...

- X
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    One feature I would love is a rule to be able to toggle which rewards the player for landing on the free parking space.
    A fairly common house rule is that "the middle" starts with $50, and any money that is owed via chance or community chest cards, income or luxury tax, or jail payment is paid to "the middle." This money is then collected when a player lands on the free parking space.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    One feature I would love is a rule to be able to toggle which rewards the player for landing on the free parking space.
    A fairly common house rule is that "the middle" starts with $50, and any money that is owed via chance or community chest cards, income or luxury tax, or jail payment is paid to "the middle." This money is then collected when a player lands on the free parking space.
    I like this rule. That's how I used to play when I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebec01 View Post
    Another possible bug:

My understanding of the rules was that when a player when bankrupt on your property, his/her propeties became yours; they did not revert back to the bank. The only way for properties to revert back to the back was if a player went bankrupt on a fee space, or by a card.

In Preopoly, when a player goes bankrupt, no matter where, properties revert to the bank for resale.

Also, though I believe this was mentioned before, some properties have their rent doubled when houses/hotels have been added. I've really only noticed this on the Mediterranean / Baltic properties; doubling those rents make them quite formidable...

- X
    Yeah, the official rules are as you state. It used to bug me, but after playing this way on Preopoly, it's kinda fun. Maybe add this to the list of options.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I noticed two things that I don't believe have been mentioned yet.

1. If you play with enough players to have "wheelbarrow" (7 i think), his name overlaps his dollar amount quite a bit.

2. I had less than $50, and I landed on 'go to jail'. My next turn, I mortgaged a property to pay the fee and get back out on the board, but once I had the money, I still had no option to pay, just to roll. I didn't roll a double and I had to wait for my next turn to pay the fee and get moving again. I'm pretty sure I should be able to mortgage a property to pay the $50 fee immediately and then roll normally.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Here's something odd that happened this morning:

Computer player has $7 in his account. He lands on Park Place. The log only says "Purchased", and the player now had Park Place in his list of properties. There were still only $7 in the account. How did this happen?

Does the computer mortagage to get high value properties? (I had boardwalk, if that makes a difference.) Does he get a deal since he knows the banker?

- X
    Last edited by Xebec01; 11/05/2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Spelling and clarity
    this is my favorite app ! i just spend like 2 hours playing in my classes jajaja

one suggestion- the ability to view the card of your properties in the assest view

and one that have been mentioned some post ago: the ability to view the properties when the cpu offers a deal to you

this app is great! thx !
  12.    #112  
    remove bankrupt pieces preference
    fixed 2x charge for railroad from chance card (patch from Bruce Keeler)
    fixed chance card shuffle (patch from Bruce Keeler)
    fixed output for some chance cards that included property names (patch from Bruce Keeler)

Bruce Keeler sent me a patch with the above bug fixes. I'd like to make a shout out to him...

I also added "remove bankrupt pieces" option because it was a request feature and was easy.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    So, wait. I can't land on Go from a die roll. It's skipped over. I can only land on it from a chance or community chest card. Is this a bug, or do I not know the right rules?
    Thx for the update. I enjoy playing this very much, although it's been so many years since I played the board game that I pretty much suck. Heh.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  15.    #115  
    fixed extra step over "Payday" when show step is enabled
    round "start money" to nearest $100

Maturin was right about the "Go" bug... Thanks Maturin
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    And thanks for fixing it. I know I lost at least a couple games due to that bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    And thanks for fixing it. I know I lost at least a couple games due to that bug
    me too !
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron91RS View Post
    Just downloaded it.
    i rolled a double and landed on my property.
    So I rolled again and rolled a double and landed on another persons property where I owed $700 which I didn't have.
    However since it was doubles it gave me the option to pay or roll.
    HMM let me think, how about I don't pay and roll.
    So i rolled and landed on another property of mine.
    At this point the only option is assets I guess because i never paid the move before.
    Didn't have the money so I mortgaged some stuff to get enough money.
    Now what, my only option is assests? Can't pay the other player, can't roll, can't move on?
    Thats a known bug, I'm pretty sure. For now, just pay what you owe

My favorite bug is being able to trade for a property that has houses on it already. You can keep the houses, or sell all the houses on that property group, including those owned by the other player.
    Fun game. I've enjoyed playing it. By the way, the correct spelling is "paid" not "payed".
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron91RS View Post
    Just downloaded it.
    i rolled a double and landed on my property.
    So I rolled again and rolled a double and landed on another persons property where I owed $700 which I didn't have.
    However since it was doubles it gave me the option to pay or roll.
    HMM let me think, how about I don't pay and roll.
    So i rolled and landed on another property of mine.
    At this point the only option is assets I guess because i never paid the move before.
    Didn't have the money so I mortgaged some stuff to get enough money.
    Now what, my only option is assests? Can't pay the other player, can't roll, can't move on?
    I had this happen as well... the game was "frozen" and I couldn't do anything other than start a new game.