Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsh91b View Post
    This game sucks. Computer jumps accross the board to land on things it needs, i still have yet to get a monopoly. Computer players are allowed to go into negative money, there is no auction for unwanted properties, and when i start to do well, i end up going to jail, paying to get out, and going back to jail about 4 out of 5 times. Games that you can actually win at are always a little more fun.
    I have won. I would assume that the rolls of the dice are truly random, and your computer players are just getting lucky.

Here are some tips: Early in the game, buy properties from the other players BEFORE you have one of the same color. I spend most of my money early on buying the first 5 or so properties landed on by anyone. If you already have a yellow, and you are trying to buy a yellow from the computer, the price will be MUCH higher. And if you are trying to buy a property that will complete a monopoly for you, then the price will be ridiculous! Best to buy everything you can early when you don't have another of that color. And later on if you have the last piece another player needs that you wisely bought early on, you can sell it to them for a ridiculous price!
    Sooo, I'm bout the 3rd person to ask this question but I don't see than any of the posts have yet answered it.......How do I buy houses/hotels for my properties?!?!?!?!?!? Computer players are stackin up 4 and 5 houses on the few properties they own. I can own 3/4 of the board and end up bankrupt in just a few turns cuz of the diff in rent I'm getting compared to the rent I'm having to fork over.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Kcladygemini, once you own all of one color, click assets, the properties, the select the property you want to build on. You will then see the "buy house" button. There is no need to change properties to build evenly; if you are on yellow 1 and you buy three houses, it will place one house on each yellow automatically. This is the same part of the game where you can mortgage properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenRD View Post
    I found another bug. I have not been able to duplicate it, but I don't know how I could.

While playing a game, the computer went to prison and didn't have enough money to pay the fine. So they tried to roll doubles. After multiple turns of not rolling doubles, the computer had to pay the fine. This should have sent them into bankruptcy. Causing the game to be over. However, the game just froze without letting me win.

This is a minor bug. However, the real bug came afterwards. I couldn't not save a new game. This is because every time I would start a new game then close the app. The first game would appear with the computer stuck trying to get out of jail.

After rebooting my phone the app properly saves new games now. As this is very rare, I don't know if you want to worry, but thought you should know.
    I got the same error... twice in two days. One of the computer players ending up in jail without $50 or any unmortgage properties. Tries to roll itself out, but on the third time it freezes on their turn. The only thing on the screen is the upper left corner summary, player name upper right, player balance at bottom. No buttons or dice or roll numbers.

It's a pain, because you have to restart without going for the win. Otherwise it's a pretty sharp App. I don't think it's going to pass inspection though'. Maybe you can sell it to MB?
    Cool, Monopoly on Pre!
    It's pretty cool.. but I really miss the real deal... had it on my touch... played it all the time.. and btw, I won the 1st game I played with preopoly
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I was playing, and I had spend almost all my money. I had about $5 left. I rolled, then landed on another players property and owed about $20 in rent. I had three buttons to choose from: assets, roll, and pay. I click roll (and proceeded without paying), but then I got stuck in the loop where you never have a continue button, and have to back up to the main menu to get a roll button, but then you still don't get a continue button and you just have to repeat to keep rolling over and over.

More of the story: until this bug gets fixed, don't try and weasel out of your rent!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    If you need help beating the game, just learn to arbitrage the properties. For example, if you own one property in the same group as another player, trade him the property at 3x (since it'll be that player's 2nd property in the group), then buy it back from him at 2x. Rinse and repeat until you've taken that player's entire bankroll. Or if one player has 2 properties and another player has the third, buy the 3rd property for 2x and sell it to the monopoly-seeking player for 6x.

The arbitrage list is endless, so that leads me to my suggestion that a property should only be traded at the highest value to any player still alive in the game. If two separate players own one property, either property should trade for 3x instead of 2x if the property is headed for a player without a property currently in the group. If a player owns a third property where another player holds two properties already, that property should trade for 6x regardless of who's buying the property. Similarly, the player with two properties should only be willing to trade down from 2 to 1 properties with an offer of at least 3x, because that's what it would cost to bring it back to 2 properties.

There appears to be a bug with the prison computer rolling. If the computer does roll doubles, it doesn't seem to properly allow them out of prison. I wind up having to close out, open the app again, and then hit continue - this lets the computer re-roll and continue as long as they don't hit doubles.

Instead of a bug fix, I'd also like to suggest a "human fix". I've sometimes traded cash to another player, forgetting to select the other player's property, so I've just given away money! I think there should be a check to make sure that something is put up on both sides of the transaction before the "Offer Deal" button is enabled.

A fun addition would also be to use the shake to roll the dice.

All in all though, great job so far! I've wasted far too much time on this game ...
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    THANK YOU!!!! This has been my most played "time waster" since I've downloaded. Every bug I've found is live-with-able, but I'm going to list them for updates (most have already been stated, but I'll re-list them too):

-No $200 if landed on GO by a card
    -Continue button not available if rolled doubles to get out of prison (both User and CP), so you HAVE to pay to get out. Swiping just resets the turn.
    -Continue button can be pressed before an end of a CP's turn (causes the text to display on the next player's screen)

The following are enhancements I'd like to see:
    -Show values of mortgaging/unmortgaging a property (helps to know which one to mortgage if you only need to do 1 or 2)
    -Show values of purchasing/selling a house
    -Allow the CP to offer a trade to the User
    -Allow the CP to mortgage properties/sell houses to accept a trade (it seems to do that for CP to CP trades, but I always receive the "I don't have that much money" comment when they don't have a single property mortgaged)

As for the playing view, I think buttons at the bottom of the screen would be decent which gives the rest of the screen full square for the board from a top view. All the comments/text can be within the middle of the board. The only problem may be when there are many lines of comments...only if that would block someone from pushing the button though. Just a suggestion...take it or leave it.

Again, THANK YOU for the awesome game.
    -
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    A fun addition would also be to use the shake to roll the dice.
    In light of other fixes (those bugs) and conveniences (property-related values available somewhere in the game), this is soooo low priority. But I love the idea of shaking the Pre to roll the dice. It would increase the cool factor even if it did nothing for the game play.
  11.    #71  
    new board (got rid of the perspective view)
    save roll in a cookie, so human can't quit game to re-roll.
    made the play info div a "Scroller" so you can scroll through entire text
    added option to disable the continue button on computer turns
    added "shake to roll" feature
    added failure messages when a human attempts to trade trade for nothing
    allow computer to mortgage to trade a property with a human
    made the property card pop up for purchasable properties only
    made property card closable
    alert for "purchase property"
    fixed a bug that limited max players to 6
    changed mortgaged text in assets screen from grey to black background
    added an option to enable rent payments while in jail
    added an option for how much money players start with
    computer can now offer humans trades
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post
    new board (got rid of the perspective view)
    save roll in a cookie, so human can't quit game to re-roll.
    made the play info div a "Scroller" so you can scroll through entire text
    added option to disable the continue button on computer turns
    added "shake to roll" feature
    added failure messages when a human attempts to trade trade for nothing
    allow computer to mortgage to trade a property with a human
    made the property card pop up for purchasable properties only
    made property card closable
    alert for "purchase property"
    fixed a bug that limited max players to 6
    changed mortgaged text in assets screen from grey to black background
    added an option to enable rent payments while in jail
    added an option for how much money players start with
    computer can now offer humans trades
    wow, what a huge update! I thought it could be a while before we'd see any major progress. And since there was no talk about it here, or any updates, it was looking like this project was dying down. But wow you were really working in these past weeks. Thaks!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I had stopped playing some time ago, but the update popped up in Preware and I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by the extent of this update. I've only played once, but wondered about trade requests that appear to be made on my behalf. I checked the preferences screen; there doesn't appear to be an option allowing (or disallowing) the computer from issuing trade offers to another computer player on my behalf. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the note. Otherwise, the interface is nice and the most pressing needs appear to have been addressed. This app has improved greatly; I'll definitely give it another try.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I had stopped playing some time ago, but the update popped up in Preware and I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by the extent of this update. I've only played once, but wondered about trade requests that appear to be made on my behalf. I checked the preferences screen; there doesn't appear to be an option allowing (or disallowing) the computer from issuing trade offers to another computer player on my behalf. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the note. Otherwise, the interface is nice and the most pressing needs appear to have been addressed. This app has improved greatly; I'll definitely give it another try.
    Computer players will offer ~you~ trades. You can disable this behaviour with the "Computer offers trades" option in the preferences. But from your comment it sounds like the computer was offering trades for you during your turn. If this is happening it's a bug. Could you please specify which is happening?
    love the new interface, great improvement. Thanks for making this. I play it all the time
    Rent is being payed for mortgaged property and to players in jail. Posted some screen shots showing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    Rent is being payed for mortgaged property and to players in jail. Posted some screen shots showing it.
    You really need to read the owners post. Collecting rent while in jail is a new feature, and can be turned off in the preferences menu.
    Sorry I should of mentioned that I had it off, unless checking it turns if off.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I found a bug...

I turned on the "computer offers deals" option. I've had the computer offer me deals that involve a property and cash but when I accept the deal I do not receive the cash that was offered.

Great time waster though, keep up the good work.
  20.    #80  
    Thanks for catching those. I think I got both of them. Let me know...

fixed the bug which was causing rent while mortgage and in jail
    added step movement which shows the players movement around the board
    added an option to disable step movement
    added a dialogue when you make a trade offer to a human player
    computer wouldn't mortgage monopolies but was calculating them in estimates