Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJspeed View Post
    in your Preferences scene (and other places you have sliders), have the "Number of Players" slider be called with bindAsEventListener(this) instead of bind(this). That should make it update the number as you slide it, instead of just updating it after it's done.
    I looked into it and it was actually "updateInterval". Thanks for the pointer...

this.controller.get("NumPlayersText").update(numPlayers);
    this.controller.setupWidget("NumPlayers", {
    modelProperty: 'numPlayers',
    minValue: 1,
    maxValue: (playerArray.length + 1),
    round: true,
    updateInterval: 1
    },
    this.numPlayersModel = {
    numPlayers: numPlayers,
    disabled: false
    }
    );
    Mojo.Event.listen(this.controller.get('NumPlayers'), Mojo.Event.propertyChange, this.numPlayersUpdate.bindAsEventListener(this));
    Great game and thanks for it.

One suggestion though, make it so you can't mortgage a property if it has houses on it, until you sell the houses.
    I accidentally clicked mortgage property while trying to buy a house and lost all the houses on all the properties of that color.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    Great game and thanks for it.

One suggestion though, make it so you can't mortgage a property if it has houses on it, until you sell the houses.
    I accidentally clicked mortgage property while trying to buy a house and lost all the houses on all the properties of that color.
    I haven't had this happen (then again, I haven't gotten to that point). But a check on this would be great.

Another issue I found: I can't get the settings to stick. Like if I choose the thimble as my piece, I don't get it =(
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I think I'm missing something. Where is the cost of a house/hotel listed for each property? Where is the mortgage info (cash infusion upon mortgage/cost to un-mortgage) listed? Is there a menu I'm not seeing, or am I just supposed to know from the M-B Monopoly property cards? I feel like I'm playing blind. That said, I'm very impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I've passed "Go" a few times and not gotten paid. Bummer.

Must be the downturn in the economy.
    Happens to me sometimes too.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks for the game! I've been a Monopoly addict since I was 8...

After playing, literally, 150+ games I've noticed a few things.

$200 for passing go: This only seems to work if you do NOT land on community chest, Taxes, Chance, or Just Visiting. There are also times when you land on Go that it doesn't credit, however that's much more hit and miss than the other.

Property Trading: Two things here. If one of the device controlled pieces wants, let's say, Green 2 and you want Red 1. Obviously Green is more valuable than Red so it'll require cash to offset the difference in value. However if you Mortgage the property they want then you can usually trade one to one. If their property is mortgaged and you offer a trade for it in cash it's generally much less expensive. With the exception of getting 3 like colored properties.

Is there a way to have the device controlled players offer you trades?

I have a detailed list of bugs I've found, however it's somewhere on my laptop. I'll find it and post the remainder.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by einnyen View Post
    $200 for passing go: This only seems to work if you do NOT land on community chest, Taxes, Chance, or Just Visiting.
    That seems about right from my experience too.
    I like this app a lot but it definitely needs some work. Any time frame for the next update??
  9.    #49  
    Thanks again for all the feedback. Some features are slower on the uptake than others.

There were a couple comments about trades seeming to be borked. The computer takes a given property and evaluates it based on the other properties that the receiving player has. It then uses this value to compare the properties in a trade. Here's the logic the computer follows when evaluating a property.
    default: cost x2
    existing monopoly: cost x6
    creates monopoly: cost x6
    have 1 property in monopoly: cost x3
    mortgaged: above value - mortgage value

multiple properties in a trade (using a Widget List)
    another "collect $200 for passing go" bug fix
    computer behaviour in jail improved. Will try rolling doubles once (not sure this is a good idea)
    you can now only pay out of jail at the beginning of your turn.
    computer will pay debts if they start with negative money
    added palm-groups in dialogues (provides rounded edges around borders)
    hide mortgage button until houses are sold
    Last edited by lawrenqj; 10/07/2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: missed a feature
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I think I'm missing something. Where is the cost of a house/hotel listed for each property? Where is the mortgage info (cash infusion upon mortgage/cost to un-mortgage) listed? Is there a menu I'm not seeing, or am I just supposed to know from the M-B Monopoly property cards? I feel like I'm playing blind. That said, I'm very impressed.
    I was not that into this game when younger, but this version i can't put down. i love it so don't get me wrong, but i agree i had to look up property and house values on the web in a different page to help me out.

I am looking forward to more updates and seeing you go in the app catalog.
    I have found a few bugs.

1. You can't have more than 6 players.
    2. There is a way to cheat on trades. When I own one property and the computer owns the second, and I land on the third, I can trade before I buy the property at a cheaper price. Then buy the third property. This allows me to buy the property as if I would not get the monopoly(This may have been fixed with the update. I haven't check). A quick fix would be to not allow the player to trade right after you roll, or at least until you purchased the property or not.

Also, you may want to add column and row headings to the bottom were it shows the properties each player owns when its their turn. Like Property 1 ,2 3 and blue, red ..........

However, this is a good app just needs work.
    Last edited by StephenRD; 10/07/2009 at 05:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I encountered a problem. Another player's turn was over, but I had no continue button. I backed up to the main menu, then hit continue game, and that player got to roll again.

Honestly, I get annoyed having to hit continue every time another player is done with their turn. I'm sure some may like this feature, so could you add a preference option to disable this? Have a short delay so we can read what each player did, but then let it automatically continue. Anyone else agree?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Love the name! Any game with "Pre-op" in the title gets my vote.
    I found another bug. I have not been able to duplicate it, but I don't know how I could.

While playing a game, the computer went to prison and didn't have enough money to pay the fine. So they tried to roll doubles. After multiple turns of not rolling doubles, the computer had to pay the fine. This should have sent them into bankruptcy. Causing the game to be over. However, the game just froze without letting me win.

This is a minor bug. However, the real bug came afterwards. I couldn't not save a new game. This is because every time I would start a new game then close the app. The first game would appear with the computer stuck trying to get out of jail.

After rebooting my phone the app properly saves new games now. As this is very rare, I don't know if you want to worry, but thought you should know.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have noticed a few bugs as well. Some of us have noticed the swipe back feature and clicking on continue gives an extra turn. However, you can continue to swipe back as many times as you want until you wind up in prison. I went around the board over 10 times collecting property before the other pieces had a chance to go around once. Once I hit the jail, I had to let them get a turn because it would not let me continue, there was no roll button after rolling doubles, just assets. Sometimes I would pass go and no money would be given as well. But, keep up the good work, this is a great game for the pre. Also, we can rename the pieces to anything we want, is there any chance to have a few default name choices, one which may happen to have the same name as monopoly. Also what happens with free parking, our rules when I played was the money would add up until someone would land on it.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    The last update created some new problems. I echo the experience of cwgtex: stopped getting the continue button, and backing up screwed the game play. I'm not so worried about the "back" cheat; I'm not a cheater. But the forced back swipe to get a continue button is a major bug in this version. (I'm assuming it's a new version problem because I never had this problem before I updated.)
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    lawrenqj, thank you for creating this app. It is currently my favorite "time waster". The bugs can be annoying, but the game is still fun! Plus I understand that it is still an early release, and it is only a matter of time before this app is polished and perfected enough to sell in the app catalog. I will buy it if it makes it that far!
    yay monopoly!
    This game sucks. Computer jumps accross the board to land on things it needs, i still have yet to get a monopoly. Computer players are allowed to go into negative money, there is no auction for unwanted properties, and when i start to do well, i end up going to jail, paying to get out, and going back to jail about 4 out of 5 times. Games that you can actually win at are always a little more fun.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsh91b View Post
    This game sucks. Computer jumps accross the board to land on things it needs, i still have yet to get a monopoly. Computer players are allowed to go into negative money, there is no auction for unwanted properties, and when i start to do well, i end up going to jail, paying to get out, and going back to jail about 4 out of 5 times. Games that you can actually win at are always a little more fun.
    I JUST WON!!! This is not a na-na-na-na-na moment, just an acknowledgement that it is possible to win. I don't know about you; I don't win every time I play the board game. I sometimes go to jail multiple times in the board game and in this homebrew. When I've traded early, I've ended up landing on the properties I needed and obtaining monopolies of orange or yellow properties. I know I'm not the only person who has managed to win a game here.

There are plenty of reasons to be frustrated with the game play (e.g., BUGS!). But the game is beta, constantly being improved and . . . FREE. When Milton Bradley puts out a game for $19.95, buy it, lose, and complain to them.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast