Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I think it might be cool to let us customize properties if we want.

Would Monopolizer work or is that too close to the name of the actual game?

"Own It All"
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the feedback...

-- I think I fixed those bugs

-- There was already a "Preferences" accessible from the top left menu, but it was only available from the welcome screen. I put a button on the welcome screen which makes it more obvious.

-- You could play multiplayer by adding multiple human characters, but you'd have to pass your pre (or other webos compliant device) back and forth. I'd like to add network play, but that will take some voodoo that I don't have yet. There is also a bug. If you were to propose a trade with a human player the computer will approve it rather than the other human.

-- I agree that the board is pretty useless.
    * I like the top view idea with the card in the middle, but that really cuts into the play space.
    * Just showing one edge of the board at a time is a good suggestion, but then you can only see peices that happen to be on your edge.
    * If you could rotate the board around on it's edges I might be able to increase the size of the pieces.
    * What would solve the problem would be to be able to zoom into the board like you can on a webpage, but I haven't figured that out yet.
    More suggestions here would be appreciated.

-- I haven't been able to figure out how to make the turn information scrollable when it goes past the bottom of the card. I can use 'style="overflow:auto;' which does keep the div from extending beyond the div height, but you can't scroll within the text. If someone knows how to do this I'd appreciate a hint.

wasn't always updating money div after rent payout
    fixed bug where players weren't collecting money for passing go
    "number of players" sjlider in preferences was broken
    fixed problem with "end turn" button after a failed doubles roll attempt in jail
    I added a preferences button on the welcome page. Users weren't finding the preferences in the drop down menu.
    shrunk font size on long property names
    added reset button in preferences
    moved info text 5px to the right
    made purchase button label editable (Buy/Pay)
    Assets button text is Green (I couldn't figure out how to make the button itself green.

todo
    multiple properties in a trade
    network multiplayer
    Sound effects
    make turn info div scrollable (I couldn't figure out how to do this...)
    option to have payments to bank go to "Day Off"
    human player needs to be able to approve or deny trades for multiplayer
    really looking foward to this!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Ok, I played this game on my commute home and I really got into it. Also, I have some observations.

- not getting paid while passing go.
    - the sections where it shows what's going on (such as rolling doubles, etc) sometimes overflows when the computer does too many transactions. Should be some time of scroll or making it compact.
    - when I get a notification, the game doesn't automatically adjust. I have to scroll down to see my properties
    - can only trade one property at a time.
    - when trading cash, the max amt should be what the player has. Example, if I only have $50, me dragging the bar to the right should only show $50.
    - The player cards could be smaller to make way for bigger board.
    - I personally would put the activity at the bottom going only 4-5 lines at a time.
    - From my interpretation, when you go to Jail, the game allows you to pay the jail fee. In the game, I think you can only pay at your next turn.

I will keep playing it on my commutes for the week and keep posting my thoughts and any bugs I encounter.

lawrenqj: keep up the good work. As a monopoly junkie, I could be satisfy with this game for a long time.

Edit: Also, sometimes when I press Pay or any button in a certain, it scrolls it up like a webpage.
    Last edited by bnceo; 09/29/2009 at 10:44 PM.
    Just tried to update to v0.0.2 with Preware and got an error. "Error Updating [4]". In the IKPG log, I can't see the full text, it cuts off on the right side of the screen. I can see one line that says "An error ocurred, return value 22".
    Just tried remove v0.0.1 and installing v0.0.2 fresh and got the same errors.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    Just tried remove v0.0.1 and installing v0.0.2 fresh and got the same errors.
    Personally, I just installed over the air (wifi) using File Coaster and it worked fine.
    Tried again this morning and it installed fine. Not sure what went wrong. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenqj View Post
    -- I agree that the board is pretty useless.
    * I like the top view idea with the card in the middle, but that really cuts into the play space.
    * Just showing one edge of the board at a time is a good suggestion, but then you can only see peices that happen to be on your edge.
    * If you could rotate the board around on it's edges I might be able to increase the size of the pieces.
    * What would solve the problem would be to be able to zoom into the board like you can on a webpage, but I haven't figured that out yet.
    More suggestions here would be appreciated.
    This may have been suggested already but, how about the board zooms out enough to see the whole board when someone is rolling the dice and moving. Then the board zooms back in to that side that the player is at until the next players turn?
    I didn't see anywhere I could mortgage my properties, only trade them.

Rusty Nejdl
    Ring of Saturn Internetworking
    Quote Originally Posted by rnejdl View Post
    I didn't see anywhere I could mortgage my properties, only trade them.

Rusty Nejdl
    Ring of Saturn Internetworking
    Go into Assets, select "Properties" in blue under your money, select the property and then tap Mortgage.

This is a great app so far btw, I found myself playing it through two classes yesterday where we did nothing so it kept me occupied for a good couple hours. Played a bit with the newer version today and you seem to have fixed the major bugs that I noticed in addition to everyone else. I look forward to any future updates, as it stands now its great though! Thank you!
    how can I buy houses for my properties??
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    i refuse to download this as I hate applications with the word 'Pre' in them. If you want applications to be cross compliant and let people KNOW they can be used on other WebOS devices I would stop naming every application created with 'Pre' in the name.
    HaHa, This coming from a user with Pre in his name!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    HaHa, This coming from a user with Pre in his name!
    You sir are late to the parade. Lol. =P
    in your Preferences scene (and other places you have sliders), have the "Number of Players" slider be called with bindAsEventListener(this) instead of bind(this). That should make it update the number as you slide it, instead of just updating it after it's done.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    i refuse to download this as I hate applications with the word 'Pre' in them....stop naming every application created with 'Pre' in the name.
    This coming from someone whose board name is "PreGame". But that has already been noted here by others.

Seriously, "Pre" should be used as much as possible in products (just like the "i" is used for all those iphone apps). Remember the recent mindshare survey that was disclosed where the Pre came in only second to the iphone in public smartphone awareness.

"Pre" is a branding term now and carries with it an added recognition bonus with the public. Use it as much as you can until Palm forces you to stop.
    I would be careful about duplicating anything close to the real Monopoly game as they (I forgot the brand, maybe Bradley), would sue for copyright infringement.

And would probably get rejected from Palm's App Catalog.

Just my opinion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

It won't get into Palm's App Catalog with Pre in the name.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    great game. some things i've found

when trying to make a trade i offered a property + cash for a property and got "not even close" then i offered more cash and it said "i don't think so..." so i offered more money and it said "i don't have that much money"
    i wasn't asking for money.

also my "cheat"
    at any point you can swipe back to the main screen and when you hit continue it becomes your turn again. very "helpful" if you land on someones property and don't want to pay them, just swipe back and continue and you skip the rent.

one time i had negitave money, i forget how but my money was -$112. i think it was from a card like pay taxes or property repair, not sure.

and the cpu is very stubborn with trades, if boat wishes he had dogs green 2 then why wouldn't he except a trade for his yellow 1 (lower value)?

and like everyone else i wish i could see the board better and multiple property trades.

i'd also like to see a cooler win screen like show the dog pop champagne

hope all that made sense.

thanks for the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    You sir are late to the parade. Lol. =P
    I hope I didn't miss the clowns! (Oh wait, what are these big shoes I'm wearing and what's this red thing on my nose? Why is everyone laughing?)

EDIT: Hoping they have clowns in the parades where you live. (They have them in the July 4th Parade in Hingham, MA.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 10/01/2009 at 07:03 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast