1.    #1  
    A World Factbook App

Data coming from the CIA World Factbook

Current features:
    - View data on any country
    - Filter the data to find what you're looking for

Upcoming features:
    - View rankings of countries in different categories

For screenshots.. see the app in the Homebrew Gallery.
    Very Cool... Dunno what kind of response to expect for the app though. Doesn't seem most folks care about facts anymore.
    amazing idea for an app, im going to dl in a little bit!!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    This is a great app to keep you company as you wait in the terminal for your out of the country flight. Always great to review facts. Thanks!
    very cool app... thank you
    I love this... great way to spend 10 free minutes understanding the context behind world events.
    This is really cool, I could have seen this coming in very handy with some classes I had in previous semesters but its still nice for quick reference. Thanks you!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks much! Any chance of landscape mode operation?

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Great app!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    This is a great app to keep you company as you wait in the terminal for your out of the country flight. Always great to review facts. Thanks!
    This is a great way to get sidelined into the extra security lane for further questioning as soon as someone sees you using it while waiting for your plane...

j/k i like it.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Great app! Thanks for making it.

Question though.

In the screen shot of Pakistan, there is a map located under the flag. but i do not see any map under any country at all in my pre. Why???

If mapping is a coming feature, i am really looking forward to see it!!

Keep up good job!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm not seeing any maps either.

And is the developer watching this forum?

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshivan View Post
    Great app! Thanks for making it.

Question though.

In the screen shot of Pakistan, there is a map located under the flag. but i do not see any map under any country at all in my pre. Why???

If mapping is a coming feature, i am really looking forward to see it!!

Keep up good job!!
    I had to take the maps out.. because it was making the app too big to upload into the Homebrew Gallery... since then.. the administrators of this site have raised the upload limit.. so look for maps to be added to the next release.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I'm not seeing any maps either.

And is the developer watching this forum?

-JerryG
    yup
  15.    #15  
    just fixed a problem that was causing only the first 50 entries about any country to show... Just posted version 1.0.1 that should show the full country info.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by majestiq View Post
    I had to take the maps out.. because it was making the app too big to upload into the Homebrew Gallery... since then.. the administrators of this site have raised the upload limit.. so look for maps to be added to the next release.
    Good to hear from you!

I am looking forward to see the next release!!

Thanks!!
    Sounds like a fun app. DL now
    Very useful app for those of us who have the travel bug. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by majestiq View Post
    Why not make the maps available selectively? That way one need only download a map or two. As an analogy, do you travel with your massive Times World Atlas ? Of course not. Offer detailed maps for selective download and you would have a killer app!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi. I love the app, but it no longer works. I had installed the homebrew app v1.01. The Pre's Updater utility says an update is available but the download fails every time. When I try to launch the app it opens the updater instead. I finally tried deleting the app and reinstalling 1.0.1 but that fails, too. The error says "An error occurred, return value: 22. Command failed with return value 2: 'wget --passive ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg/ (blah blah blah) Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?"

What's up? Is there an update for the homebrew version? Is it possible to get 1.0.1 working again?

Robert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast