Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rlweiner View Post
    Hi. I love the app, but it no longer works. I had installed the homebrew app v1.01. The Pre's Updater utility says an update is available but the download fails every time. When I try to launch the app it opens the updater instead. I finally tried deleting the app and reinstalling 1.0.1 but that fails, too. The error says "An error occurred, return value: 22. Command failed with return value 2: 'wget --passive ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg/ (blah blah blah) Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?"

What's up? Is there an update for the homebrew version? Is it possible to get 1.0.1 working again?

Robert
    go here: http://www.precentral.net/downloads/world-factbook

get it (1.0.1)

use webosqi to put it on

badda bing, badda boom

ok...update on this ...I now see it for pay on HP app catalog $1.99 ...the troubles here are caused by transition from free to paid app IMHO ...whatever !!
    Last edited by patapoof; 12/06/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    go here: [url]

get it (1.0.1)

use webosqi to put it on

badda bing, badda boom

ok...update on this ...I now see it for pay on HP app catalog $1.99 ...the troubles here are caused by transition from free to paid app IMHO ...whatever !!
    Or, just click on the link with Preware installed, remove everything after ".ipk" and install it without need of a pc.
    I tried it on a Pre 3 and it wasn't the best experience so I had to remove it. I didnt bother editing the index file for full screen as there were more important quirks. Is it 2.x compatible?

There is also an iSilo version of the Factbook but the iSilo app on web OS is itself far from a decent experience.
    Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Or, just click on the link with Preware installed, remove everything after ".ipk" and install it without need of a pc.
    after 2.2.4 ota update-->bootloop-->doctor... I decided to give world factbook another try ...still installs, still gives update requests to 1.0.3 with repeated nags and failures ...still shows, for me, NO MAPS ...took it back off ...???
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12