Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Hello d00heden, great work!

At the moment I'm using the emulator from the SDK to see, if "all" applications I'm using on my Palm V are available on the Pre. So I was very happy to see your application. On my Palm V it is called HAPPY DAYS.

I have two suggestions, maybe others find them also usefull:

1. I will find it very nice, if the default view will start with the contacts having birthday today and ending with the birthdays from yesterday.
    2. Three views on the birthdays: sorted by contact (aphabetically), sorted by date (starting with today), sorted by age.

At the moment, I canīt see the possibility to add additional anniversaries like marriage. So I see no possibility to extend your application to show such dates.

THX for your work - it will make it easy to me to switch to the Pre.
    Love the App first off. I am Horrible at remembering birthdays however I am having problems on loading every ones birthday. It shows about half of my FB friends birthdays and not the other half. Shows them as N/A so when I click on their name to even try to put their b'day in it shows that it is already in.
    Hi d00heden !
    I am trying to develop something similar. I hope you won't mind to help me out. May I know how you accessed and manipulated all contact list, since its officially not possible for third party app to access synergy sevices they don't own.

I saw your code and it seems the method you are using is not documented. Is it ok to use that method without getting rejected from palm? In short I want some guidence from you on listing all contacts and manipulating that list.

Thanks in advance.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionstrings View Post
    Hi d00heden !
    I saw your code and it seems the method you are using is not documented. Is it ok to use that method without getting rejected from palm? In short I want some guidence from you on listing all contacts and manipulating that list.

Thanks in advance.
    The big problem is that your app needs to be in the com.palm.* domain which I assume is not allowed. So if your interested of getting in there you'll probably need to wait for the official API.
    if you are using google calendar and google contacts, google calendar can create a separate calendar of your contact birthdays. you have to have the birthday field populated in the contact details. the calendar gets updated whenever you add/delete/change the information in google contacts. you are still limited to one birthday per contact.

i still think the best solution is to have the birthdays (or special days) listed under the notes section. In the example of contact Don Sample, you would have in the notes section:

* Don 7/4/1950
    * Alice 8/1/1954
    * Joe 9/15/1979
    * Jane 10/1/1984
    A Don & Alice 5/5/1978

thanks for working on this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    The big problem is that your app needs to be in the com.palm.* domain which I assume is not allowed. So if your interested of getting in there you'll probably need to wait for the official API.
    Thanks a lot Heden.
    I hope you won't mind if I use your code as inspiration. thanks for gr8 app
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionstrings View Post
    Thanks a lot Heden.
    I hope you won't mind if I use your code as inspiration. thanks for gr8 app
    No problems. Drop me a PM if you have more questions.
    great app
    Hey d00heden will there be an option to send a reminder for the birthday? Great app.
    great app, and i'm looking forward to see the "generate a birthday calendar" feature, cause i do not sync with google and i've seen other apps like flixter (or your own quickevent) to create an own calendar on the pre which would be a really nice addtion to this app.
    this would also solve the "notification/reminder"-feature for those not using google but PalmProfile.
    d00heden any chance on getting a reminder built into the birthday app? I missed one birthday today because I forgot to open the app up.
    I Believe that the app the Myoen is referring to is called "Happy Days". You rename the "User Field 3" to "Birthdays" and you enter the birthdays and anniversaries as he has shown in his example with an asterick(*) prefix. Since there is no User Field on the Pre so it would have to use some other field, such as Notes.

Great app. Appreciate the time and effort you have put into it.
    Hi d00heden,

I have had my Palm Pre for just a couple of weeks and have discovered Homebrewed apps. Your 'Birthdays' app would be VERY important to me as this tracking functionality is missing from the Pre. My problem is that I install and run it and I get the message, "Loading contact info..." that doesn't go away. How long will I need to wait for this application to engage? Or else, what am I doing wrong?

Let me know...

Regards,
    Paul
    if you have a lot of contacts it takes a lttle while to load up.
  15.    #75  
    Hi all,

Unfortunately I've lost my motivation to develop for the WebOS, mostly because there is still to much problems of getting an actual phone. This means that this project will stay in "pause mode" for a while. Sorry about that.

Hopefully Palm and the Swedish operators want to sell their product to me someday.
    To mamouton - thanks for your suggestion. I thought it would be reasonable to expect an app to load within maybe 60 seconds at the high end, but I decided to let Birthdays take its time. Started at 10:00pm last night and by 7:00am it was still "Loading contact info..."

That is probably a little over the edge. I am open to other suggestions. This is a hot app for me.

To d00heden - I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting a phone for development. Do you have any suggestions for me at all regarding my problem with getting Birthdays to load. If others are getting it to work, I ought to be as well and I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
    Paul
    The app looks awesome, but currently is quite useless if you're syncing your contacts with Google as birthdays are not synced...
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    Hi all,

Unfortunately I've lost my motivation to develop for the WebOS, mostly because there is still to much problems of getting an actual phone. This means that this project will stay in "pause mode" for a while. Sorry about that.

Hopefully Palm and the Swedish operators want to sell their product to me someday.
    Hi there, is there a chance to get the code of your birthday app and does it use undokumented api calls? Would love to add a calendar to the app like a "create calendar of birthday list"-feature.
    Would even not need a lot of options for the beginning, if a new contact is entered, a reload of the list and after that button recreate calendar would delete the old and recreate it with all entries. This would be enough for the start.

could you PM me?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hi d00heden,

i lookes like you don't want to continue on your App.
    I like to do it if possible. The part of creating Calendar Alerts would be my first thing (should be done within a Day).

Any thoughts?

CU

Lars
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hmm.. since he is not responding what does that mean if I take his code and use it?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast