Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I have a contact as Don and Alice Sample. This contact record will only allow one birthday to be entered.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I have a contact as Don and Alice Sample. This contact record will only allow one birthday to be entered.
    You need to have separate contacts for Don and Alice to track their individual birthdays. One birthday per contact.
    Can you make it so you can add children b-day's and anniversary? and maybe a reminder ringer to let you know a day,week, ahead of time? That would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    You need to have separate contacts for Don and Alice to track their individual birthdays. One birthday per contact.
    And then you can link them together, although, the one listed as the primary link will show up in caller ID. So, you might want to do this:

1. Make one contact as "Don and Alice Sample" and include all the information that's the same for both.

2. Make a contact for both Don and Alice and on each one list their birthdays and other information unique to each of them.

3. Link all three together with John and Alice Sample as the primary link.
    Great app!

I redid the original icon and created another with any white background.. it drives me nuts having a white background. Hope you don't mind
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I really like this app. I do have some contacts however that have their birthdays listed in my contacts, but are showing up as n/a in the app.

1. It would be nice to have the contacts pictures in each listing.
    2. I would like to be able to manually add birthdays.
    3. I would like to see something "pop up" in the notification area informing us of who's birthday it is today or something like that. I have 120 contacts and the speed is tolerable to me. Thanks for the app!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I stopped counting when I got to the L's. I was at about 540. Probably over 1 thousand total? I've had the Palm in some fashion or another for at least 12 years, and have all my business as well as personal contacts stored.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks again!
    I would love to have this app load in 74 seconds. I opened at 21 past the hour and it's 30 past the hour and it still says "loading contact info..."

I have 3300 contacts, not including the FaceBook contacts.

I'm tired of waiting, I'm starting to think that a watched Birthday app never opens
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post
    I would love to have this app load in 74 seconds. I opened at 21 past the hour and it's 30 past the hour and it still says "loading contact info..."

I have 3300 contacts, not including the FaceBook contacts.

I'm tired of waiting, I'm starting to think that a watched Birthday app never opens
    It's been 17 minutes and it's still not opening.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    It's been 17 minutes and it's still not opening.
    This is ridiculous. I'm sure it's a good app, but I'm afraid I'll never know. It's been 37 minutes and it's still loading. I'm wondering if it just gave up and died.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This is ridiculous. I'm sure it's a good app, but I'm afraid I'll never know. It's been 37 minutes and it's still loading. I'm wondering if it just gave up and died.
    I let it run for an hour and then I exited the program. Maybe I'm strange but I think that any program that takes an hour to open isn't very useful for me. Maybe if I was a prophet and I knew an hour ahead of time when I would need it, but I'm not. Even so, it might not even be an hour, an hour was the time that it took for me to give up and shut it off.

I'm trying again this morning and so far it's been 10 minutes since it opened and I'm still waiting.
    This is nice, but it's limited in that only one birthday can be listed per contact. On my Treo, I had a program that allowed you to enter birthdays in the "notes" section of the contact designated by an asterisk...this allows you to enter multiple birthdays (like spouses, kids, etc) under one contact. You could also designate anniversaries with an "A". Is it possible to have this app scan through the notes of the contacts in a similar manner?
    Great little application thanks!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt500freak View Post
    I really like this app. I do have some contacts however that have their birthdays listed in my contacts, but are showing up as n/a in the app.

1. It would be nice to have the contacts pictures in each listing.
    2. I would like to be able to manually add birthdays.
    3. I would like to see something "pop up" in the notification area informing us of who's birthday it is today or something like that. I have 120 contacts and the speed is tolerable to me. Thanks for the app!
    1) It's on the list.
    2) If you click on the contact, the contacts application will open (where you can add birthdays)
    3) That could be interesting
  14.    #54  
    I let it run for an hour and then I exited the program. Maybe I'm strange but I think that any program that takes an hour to open isn't very useful for me. Maybe if I was a prophet and I knew an hour ahead of time when I would need it, but I'm not. Even so, it might not even be an hour, an hour was the time that it took for me to give up and shut it off.

I'm trying again this morning and so far it's been 10 minutes since it opened and I'm still waiting.
    I've kind of realised your problem in the first post. Its really no point of whining about it over and over, especially since the problem is already noted.

I have some ideas of how to improve the speed, but I am limited to the API's WebOS supply (and in reality they don't really supply them yet). And since you have a huge amount of contacts there is a risk that is will be slow anyway.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by myen View Post
    This is nice, but it's limited in that only one birthday can be listed per contact. On my Treo, I had a program that allowed you to enter birthdays in the "notes" section of the contact designated by an asterisk...this allows you to enter multiple birthdays (like spouses, kids, etc) under one contact. You could also designate anniversaries with an "A". Is it possible to have this app scan through the notes of the contacts in a similar manner?
    This is quite a good idea. I'll put it on the list.
    great
    I realize that this is called 'Birthday App' but I'm assuming it wouldn't be difficult to also include the contacts Anniversary too? Just a thought. Nice app though, makes up for the stupid short comings of the WebOS calendar!!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I realize that this is called 'Birthday App' but I'm assuming it wouldn't be difficult to also include the contacts Anniversary too? Just a thought. Nice app though, makes up for the stupid short comings of the WebOS calendar!!
    Does the contacts have an anniversary field as well? I can't find it.
    you know what, I appolozige. Google contacts has an anniversary field but WebOS does not. So I guess that would mean that Palm would have to add it before you can. Oh well, it was a thought, just not a complete thought. Still a nice app though!
    This is a nice app, but synching takes way too long! I think it would be a good idea to implement caching. So the first time it load it will cache all the birthdays in a database, then next time you open the application it should just read from cache rather than reading everything again. So synching should be an option when needed.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast