Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Securely store all your sensitive information in your phone. Safe Box is very flexible, allowing you to store a wide variety of details including passwords, credit cards, driver’s license, social security number, work information, clients’ details, etc. The app allows you to have multiple wallets with different passwords. It has a backup and restore functionality, backups are sent to the email applications and restores can be performed from the clipboard, all without touching a desktop computer.

All screens are fully customizable, with the ability to drag and drop details, swipe to delete and custom labels. Each wallet is stored in a single strong encrypted block for increased security. The app is optimized for fast and efficient usage; most tasks are just a tap away. It is also able to lock itself out when you put the phone in your pocket upside down.

App Catalog Link: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...licationid=965
    Homebrew Apps link: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/safe-box

This is an ad supported trial version of the Safe Box app that will expire after 45 days. After this period, the app will switch to read only mode. To upgrade to the full release: backup your wallets and restore them to the full version. Thanks for supporting this app.

App ID Change Note for 1.0.24: Notice that due to a problem with the App Catalog distribution system, the App Id for the trial versions has been updated. Causing a duplicate icon to appear when updating from 0.9.23 or older. To transfer the data from an older version, do a backup and restore it to the newer version. This is the same procedure that would have to be followed when transferring the data to the full version. The email doesn't have to get sent away, just tap on the menu, and then Discard Message when you are done and don't want to email the backup.

Restore from backup procedure
    • Open the Email app
    • Find the backup email with Safe Box Backup as subject and open it
    • Tap on the top menu, then Edit and then Select All
    • Tap on the top menu, then Edit and then Copy
    • Close the email app and go back to Safe Box
    • Tap on the top menu and then tap on Restore
    • You should be presented with the wallets in that backup.
    • Select the wallets that you want to restore, and tap Restore Selected Wallets

Change Log:
    Version 1.0.29 - 02/01/2010
    - Trial version is now for 45 days, not fixed
    - Added storage limit checks

Version 1.0.28 - 12/19/2009 (App Catalog release candidate code base)
    - Extended expiration date to January 31st, 2010
    - Added new icons
    - Miscellaneous changes

Version 1.0.27 - 11/23/2009
    - Trial version is now ad supported. Please note that your privacy is kept in mind, and no private information is sent to the advertisers. Ads are only shown outside the password protected areas.

Version 1.0.26 - 11/10/2009
    - Fixed menu items
    - Fixed Restore and wrong password handling bug with WebOS 1.3
    - Extended expiration date to January 15th, 2010

Version 1.0.25 - 10/12/2009
    - Added Email to the details field names.
    - Added a context menu to copy to clipboard, open in browser, email and call when you tap on a detail in view mode. The clipboard contents will be cleared when you come back to Safe Box.
    - Improved about screen.
    - Transition from a wallet to a card is now a cross fade.
    - Password field is now fixed to the top, for easier access with longer wallets list.

Version 1.0.24 - 10/12/2009
    - Extended trial date to December 1st 2009.
    - App id changed to net.wimesh.webos.trial.safebox, a backup can be used to transfer the data from the old one, you don't have to email it away.
    - Fixed missing semicolons that are optional in JavaScript.
    - Fixed inactivity bug when device was turned off.
    - Move cards' header away quicker when the list is being filtered.
    - Code optimization.
    - Turned on capitalization on the custom field name dialog.
    - Fixed bug deleting cards, where it would always delete the first card, affected 1.0.23 only. Thanks ajbpre!

Version 1.0.23 (0.9.23) - 10/09/2009
    - Added a + button to add new wallets, cards or details.
    - Internal changes to the about scene.
    - Preferences handling has been improved to new conventions from the Spit! game.
    - Added filtering/search functionality to the cards list. Just type, and it will get filtered.
    - Improved the protection layer in details view.
    - Fixed font size issue with the detail label in edit view.
    - Added URL handling functionality. Now you can tap on a URL when in locked mode or double tap while editing, and it will open it in the browser.
    - Fixed bug where modelChanged was being unnecessarily being called for the command menu.
    - Added password hint, backward and forward data compatibility remains.
    - Fixed bug in delayed saving, causing changes to sometimes not get saved on time.
    - Changed card and details headers to fixed header.

Version 1.0.22 (0.9.22) - 09/29/2009
    - UI tweaks
    - Fixed WebOS 1.2 alignment issue
    - Added change password functionality
    - Improved restore operation with new clipboard features available in WebOS 1.2. Now a full backup and restore can be performed without even touching a computer.
    - Extended trial expiration date to November 15th, 2009

Version 1.0.21 (0.9.21) - 09/28/2009
    - Preferences UI modifications
    - Improved error and warning notifications
    - Better handling of inactivity timeout; before it was based only on a scene being active
    - Added the option: shake to lock out

Version 1.0.20 (0.9.20) - 09/27/2009
    - Prepare code to transition from 256bit Blowfish to 256bit AES or use both
    - Fixed bug where a wallets content will get deleted if logged in with the wrong password

Version 1.0.19 (0.9.19) - 09/26/2009
    - Optimized and debounced save operations
    - Added editing mask (disabled by default in the preferences)
    - UI tweaks to the restore scene

Version 1.0.18 (0.9.18) - 09/26/2009
    - Added backup and restore functionality
    - Extended expiration date to November 1st, 2009

Version 1.0.17 (0.9.17) - 09/25/2009
    - Initial Release
    Last edited by dannns; 02/01/2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: New version 1.0.29
    Looks promising. Will the final version include a desktop app that you can sync with?
    Quote Originally Posted by blckz28 View Post
    Looks promising. Will the final version include a desktop app that you can sync with?
    +1

Or the ability to at least export the data into a csv file. I am downloading it now..

...and it looks pretty good so far. I like that you have a plethora of icons to choose from and you can customize any field. I would like to see a read-only layer once you enter into the card. Then have an 'Edit' button that will take you to the editable card. This will prevent any unwanted editing for read-only instances (which could happen easily on a gesture-based touchscreen).
    Last edited by BMIC50; 09/25/2009 at 01:16 PM.
    +1

I really need an app like this but I need to be able to back it up. I dedicated a few hours to SplashID and ended up exchanging my Pre and of course lost all of my information. I want to wait until i can back it up before I do that again
    There is no spoon
  5.    #5  
    Import and export is in the plans for the very near future. And desktop synchronization is planned too, but that may take a little longer.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Import and export is in the plans for the very near future. And desktop synchronization is planned too, but that may take a little longer.

Thanks for your feedback.
    You're welcome.

What may help is if you stored your data in the media storage partition (like music and pics) and then call it from that folder. Maybe you can store it csv format, and when we hook the Pre in USB mode, your desktop client can pull the data from there and sync.

I dont know if that's feasible for security reasons, but the idea just came to mind. Maybe you can encrypt the folder.
    I don't think that's possible within the current SDK limitations without declaring as a com.palm app. Assuming the dev wants to have this app in the official catalog, the app will have to sync with THE CLOUD for the time being.
    I'd pay for something like this that could sync to a web service. Something like lastpass.com, but for webOS. I'd pay even more if it were available through a browser, too. I wouldn't want to sync to a pc via usb - not safe enough and I really hate to open the usb cover.
  9.    #9  
    As requested, the app now has experimental Backup and Restore functionality. Please test it!

The backup process is a little weird, since for now it is not possible to write files to the Internal Storage by using documented API. So the backup is instead an email that you can send to yourself. The restore process involves copying all the contents of that email in a safebox.txt file, and then place that file in the Internal Storage's root folder. I hope that solution not to be too cumbersome, its the only way I could think to make it happen.

Thanks again for testing! Enjoy.
    I haven't taken a look at this yet, but is there any encryption going on? What about when backed up via email?

If there is encryption, how strong is it?

I used to use an app called CryptoPad on the PalmOS, it supported this functionality, and hashed the contents of your data with a key. Then at least the data is protected should someone physically (or via hack) get their hands on your filesystem.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I am not a developer, but certainly need a password mgr with multimodal access. Concur with need to enter data via Pre or Web site and have updates sync with the other. Thanks for your hard work on making Pre better.
  12.    #12  
    Uploaded a new version, which now includes the editing mask, however it is disabled by default in the preferences.

pEEF:
    Yes the data is encrypted using 256bit Blowfish, each wallet is independently encrypted in a single block with independent passwords. Only the wallet names are not encrypted, since they are needed to show the list of wallets. The email backup is also encrypted.

Password complexity is not enforced though, users may even use empty passwords if they don't want to store sensitive information in some of the wallets.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I would like to see the ability to add photos and videos to the safe box.
    The backup/restore is a good idea ... would it be possible for you to pull the restore file from a website location? Since it's encrypted it shouldn't be a big issue security-wise. I also don't mean that you have to manage that location; emailing the backup file is even fine for now; if I ever need to restore it then I can just chuck the restore file to my website and type in the address and click Restore.

I would think the next step should be allowing FTP/SFTP backup of the file.

Another option that's not as flexible but is more convenient to most users would be to have a Desktop version that accepts a sync over WiFi.
  15.    #15  
    Please update ASAP, version 0.9.19 has a bug where a Wallet's content would get deleted if you try to open it with the wrong password.

AVOID VERSION 0.9.19 or 1.0.19
    Last edited by dannns; 09/27/2009 at 12:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    You rec: copying all the contents of the back-up email in a safebox.txt file to restore the info.

HOW do I create a safebox.txt file? How is it different than a normal .txt file?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    HOW do I create a safebox.txt file? How is it different than a normal .txt file?
    Use Notepad or any other basic Text Editor to paste the contents of the email, then save that as safebox.txt, and copy that file to the phone. Once this process has been completed go to the menu on Safe Box, tap Restore, and you should see the list of wallets contained in the backup.

It does not matter if the email content is copied exactly, as long as the encrypted data and separators are in that file.
  18.    #18  
    New version 0.9.21 has been released.
    - Better handling of inactivity timeout; before it was based only on a scene being active

webfellow: Even though the data is encrypted, it is best to make it the least available as possible. It is definitely possible to add this feature and the ability to choose a different filename other than safebox.txt, so it may appear in a future update.

weldonhd3: It is a good idea and possible to store pictures in the wallets, video I'm not sure if it is going to be possible for now. The main restriction is that storage is limited to 1.5MB, in the future I may add the option to store wallets in the internal storage for a much bigger space.
    I have allot of data and have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to add a card. It would be cool if you could add a card as a menu option from inside wallet view. Also, having a lot of data means allot of scrolling it would be nice to have search built in so that i could quickly jump to any card.. Thanks and keep up the good work, I will definitely be paying for the full version once it's released.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Change Log:
    Version 1.0.21 (0.9.21)

Version 1.0.20 (0.9.20)
    - Prepare code to transition from 256bit Blowfish to 256bit AES or use both
    - Fixed bug where a wallets content will get deleted if logged in with the wrong password

Version 1.0.19 (0.9.19)
    - Optimized and debounced save operations
    - Added editing mask (disabled by default in the preferences)
    - UI tweaks to the restore scene

Version 1.0.18 (0.9.18)
    - Added backup and restore functionality
    - Extended expiration date to November 1st, 2009

Version 1.0.17 (0.9.17)
    - Initial Release
    Easy request.... As other devs do, would you mind putting the release date beside each version (if nothing else, from now forward)??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast