Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    READ THIS BEFORE UPGRADING TO WEBOS 1.3.5

The migration of the Apps to the internal storage does not copy all the data (namely the cookies), causing Safe Box to loose track of the stored wallets. Please make a backup of your wallets before upgrading.

Wallets will get lost during the upgrade process.
    As a matter of good practice...

Since it's soooo easy to do a backup in Safebox, I do a backup EVERY SINGLE TIME I make changes to my wallet(s). Then I put a star (flag) next to it in Gmail. Every email service (including Outlook) has a way to flag an email to make it easier to find later.

I would recommend everyone do this.

I've never lost any data with Safebox, but I've lost enough data in other programs to know that you're better safe than sorry. It takes ten seconds to complete a backup email in Safebox. Why not just do it?
    Create a desktop sync and I will switch my loyalties from SplashID to you. Without a desktop version that sync these kinds of apps are useless.
    I have SplashID (have not purchased Palm Pre version yet) and the Stand Alone Desktop version of SplashID and I purchased Safe Box.

First my issue with SplashID. The inability to export the Palm Pre version. I like the fact that it will import from the Desktop but since it's more likely that while I'm on the move I will make a change to the Pre the Desktop its not a got mix.

Safebox on the other hand allows me to export in an encrypted file. This is cool but not of much good if I break my Pre and I have no method to read it :-( I would think the quickest fix for SafeBox would be to allow us "the user" to export to a csv or a simple text file. It wouldn't require a desktop version (which would take much longer to create). Let the user decide what he want's to do from there.

I've got more confidence in Safe Box at this particular point in time but hope that SplashID will prove me wrong.
    I'm suddenly blocked from the app; can't log in at all.

is there a problem?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I'm suddenly blocked from the app; can't log in at all.

is there a problem?
    Hello Elizabeth, if you are using the trial version, make sure to have the latest one (1.0.28) which expires on January 31st. Also beware that since the app is already in the App Catalog, the trial expiration dates will not be extended any longer.
  6.    #66  
    Awaiting the close release of the European App Catalog, and as requested by some users, we are extending the trial period for another 45 days. The new trial release 1.0.29 will expire after 45 days of first being installed. The trial app will contact our server for activation on the first launch only, the full release never uses the internet.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Whats this mean in simple language? I have the "trial Version" 1.0.30. It is now the 5th Feb 2010. The Full version is NOT in the app catlogue, so i cannot purchase it. Am I going to be blocked soon? If so, will i lose all my data? When is a release expected?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapster View Post
    Whats this mean in simple language? I have the "trial Version" 1.0.30. It is now the 5th Feb 2010. The Full version is NOT in the app catlogue, so i cannot purchase it. Am I going to be blocked soon? If so, will i lose all my data? When is a release expected?
    The full version is currently only available in the US App Catalog, the trial period was extended to try to make it to the expected release date of the paid App Catalog in Europe, which appears to be somewhere in April. So hopefully Palm releases the paid App Catalog in Europe by that time and there will be no problems. If Palm does not release it by that time you will still have read only access to the stored information in the Safe Box Trial until they are able to get it out.

For users in Canada and Mexico: please be aware that so far there is no release date for the paid App Catalog in Canada and Mexico, the Full version of Safe Box is only available in countries where the paid App Catalog is available.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've been using the Trial Version of Safe Box for a couple of days and I really want to congratulate with you for a job well done, and the superfast assistance you gave me on email.

I had YAPS on my previous PalmOS device and I feel I've finally found a good replacement... I just have to get used to the funny "password first, wallet selection then" schema.

I also thank you for extending trial period to allow us Europeans to use it, while we wait for Palm to give us access to paid apps.
    (Palm, we WANT to give you our money, what are you waiting for?! )

Kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    Create a desktop sync and I will switch my loyalties from SplashID to you. Without a desktop version that sync these kinds of apps are useless.
    +1
    I encountered an error message about duplicate wallets during an attempt to restore and this post helped me solve the problem, so I wanted to share. On my first attempt, I 1)copied the back-up email to the clipboard 2) opened Safebox, selected restore and received the the error message 3) I deleted the duplicate wallets and then selected restore only to find that I did not have any wallets to choose from to restore. This is where "The information needs to be on the clipboard before tapping restore." was helpful. You must copy from the email immediately before selecting restore in Safebox. Once I did this the restore was simple. I again copied the back-up email to the clipboard, opened Safebox and selected restore; this time there wasn't an error message (since I had already deleted the duplicate wallets) the wallets I needed to restore were available and the restore went as it was supposed to.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234