Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bump
  2.    #42  
    Hi, just reporting back.

The app is ready, however we are waiting on a government certification needed, since the app uses encryption, in order to publish it in the app catalog.

In the meantime additional information can be found in Safe Box for WebOS - WiMesh Solutions if it gets closer to the current expiration date and it is still not possible to publish it in the app catalog, a new trial release with an updated expiration date would be made.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericte View Post
    3. I like the backup feature of the software. However, Id feel better about putting my data in if there were a way to view the data on a PC too. Would a simple desktop application that decodes and displays the backup data be possible?

Thanks!
    Also:
    • PC application could add/edit new records
    • PC application could sync with Pre

I know there are some limitation in SDK, so maybe there would be some smart way of doing it, like editing/adding on PC, write file, email it and "restore/sync" on Pre.
    As a quick feedback - this application is one of must have on my smartphone. really good soft

Thanks
    I see that SplashID has finally settled at a $4.99 price. Safe Box app appears to have a little more flexibility and it remains to be seen whether SplashData is committed to WebOS (looking like no), so you can maybe get away with an extra buck or two, but SplashID does the job for well under half the price that you're proposing.
  5.    #45  
    A new version of Safe Box trial has been released. The latest version is now 1.0.27. It adds a couple of features, some fixes, extends the expiration date, and is ad supported since the app catalog release is taking longer than expected.

Changes from 1.0.24 to 1.0.27:
    - Trial version is now ad supported. Please note that your privacy is kept in mind, and no private information is sent to the advertisers. Ads are only shown outside the password protected areas.
    - Fixed menu items
    - Fixed Restore and wrong password handling bug with WebOS 1.3
    - Extended expiration date to January 15th, 2010
    - Added Email to the details field names.
    - Added a context menu to copy to clipboard, open in browser, email and call when you tap on a detail in view mode. The clipboard contents will be cleared when you come back to Safe Box.
    - Improved about screen.
    - Transition from a wallet to a card is now a cross fade.
    - Password field is now fixed to the top, for easier access with longer wallets list.
    I am waiting for the first secure storage app to sync with my computers. In my opinion it is the one feature that is really necessary to make a good thing great.I will pay the price for the first app that gets there. I bet I am not alone.
    I love this app, I hope us from over the pond will get access to the paid app catalogue before we run out of extended expiration dates.
    I agree with jwreinhardt. It would be nice to input all the details you want on a pc and then transfrer it to the pre. I am also not quite shure what you mean by wallets. I am looking for something with one master password that I can open then access my bank acct password, various other passwords with one master password and someplace to put in additional details Such as user name for web access to various accounts.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreinhardt View Post
    I am waiting for the first secure storage app to sync with my computers. In my opinion it is the one feature that is really necessary to make a good thing great.I will pay the price for the first app that gets there. I bet I am not alone.
    definitely not alone on this. I've been waiting since launch. i used SplashID on my treo for years & the desktop sync is key for me.
  10.    #50  
    New version 1.0.28 has been posted, this is based on the release candidate for the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I exported my Data from my Palm TX. I now have it as plain text file, that I could convert to any CSV format.
    Is there any import function in Savebox to import clear text data?

I would not like to add all the data manually.

HaPe
  12.    #52  
    For now there is no import option from clear text. Maybe it gets added in the future.
    On the trial version when trying to restore, I dont see any wallets available to chose from to restore. Is this not an option in the trial version?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    On the trial version when trying to restore, I dont see any wallets available to chose from to restore. Is this not an option in the trial version?
    Please follow the resotre procedure on Restore from backup procedure - WiMesh Solutions or on the first post. The information needs to be on the clipboard before tapping restore.
  15.    #55  
    Safe Box got released today in the App Catalog for $7.99 you may get it also by following this link from your phone Welcome to webOSdev - Palm

To transfer the data from the trial to the full version, you can do a backup and restore it in the full. It is not necessary to send the email away for the backup, you can copy the backup email contents from the compose card.

Thanks for your help in trying out the beta releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Please follow the resotre procedure on [url= from backup procedure - WiMesh Solutions[/url] or on the first post. The information needs to be on the clipboard before tapping restore.
    Got it. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ericte View Post
    I like Safebox a lot. Here are some feature requests to make it even better.

1. To open a browser window, it seems like the prefix “http://” is needed before the domain name. For example, “http://precentral.net” will open a browser window but “precentral.net” will not. Could you make it so that if the detail is labeled as “Web” or “URL”, then no prefix is needed to open a browser window?

3. I like the backup feature of the software. However, I’d feel better about putting my data in if there were a way to view the data on a PC too. Would a simple desktop application that decodes and displays the backup data be possible?

Thanks!
    dannns:

True to my word , I bought Safebox from the App Catalog a few minutes ago (as I promised I would in an earlier post). Thank you for such a cool product.

I agree with ericte's #1 and #3 requests (quoted above). It seems to me that anything put in the URL field should pop up the "Open in Web Browser" option in the context menu.

Maybe you would also want to put in an error checking in that field. make sure there are no spaces, commas or other illegal charaters. make sure that it DOES contain at least one period and the suffix is at least two characters.

From your previous posts, I know you already have a desktop app planned, but thought I would throw in my "yay" to that one!

I'd also like to see the following fields added:

• Account number (for checking accounts, any length since diff banks are diff. just verify it is numbers only)
    • Routing number (Routing Transit Number (RTN) (also known as the "ABA Transit number") is a nine digit bank code, used in the USA) (include checking that is no more or less than 9 digits and nothing but numbers)

You think this (URL field requests, first. other requests later) is possible and feasible in the near future, danns?

Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 12/26/2009 at 08:43 AM.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    dannns:
    I agree with ericte's #1 and #3 requests (quoted above). It seems to me that anything put in the URL field should pop up the "Open in Web Browser" option in the context menu.

Maybe you would also want to put in an error checking in that field. make sure there are no spaces, commas or other illegal charaters. make sure that it DOES contain at least one period and the suffix is at least two characters.

From your previous posts, I know you already have a desktop app planned, but thought I would throw in my "yay" to that one!

I'd also like to see the following fields added:

• Account number (for checking accounts, any length since diff banks are diff. just verify it is numbers only)
    • Routing number (Routing Transit Number (RTN) (also known as the "ABA Transit number") is a nine digit bank code, used in the USA) (include checking that is no more or less than 9 digits and nothing but numbers)

You think this (URL field requests, first. other requests later) is possible and feasible in the near future, danns?

Thanks KnoxBNYC for your support!

Yeah, I agree to that point #1 and it will make it into a future update.

For #3 I'd rather do the full synchronization rather than that half solution. Full synchronization is on the works, my current concern is placing the data on the cloud, which would be relying mostly on encryption for keeping the information safe. It would always go encrypted from end to end, and all transfers would go over SSL which has been proven secure over the years, but still it worries me to do it. The other option would be syncing over WiFi, but Pixi won't support that, and a whole new set of problems will arise from personal firewalls blocking the synchronization. So yes, I am still debating on the best solution.

For Account and ABA field, you can expect those in the next update, it would just be a matter of adding them to the list. And for these two fields and some other fields I'm going to make it default to numerical input, and not alpha.

So I would say that everything except for #3 can be expected in a month or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Thanks KnoxBNYC for your support!

Yeah, I agree to that point #1 and it will make it into a future update.

For #3 I'd rather do the full synchronization rather than that half solution. Full synchronization is on the works, my current concern is placing the data on the cloud, which would be relying mostly on encryption for keeping the information safe. It would always go encrypted from end to end, and all transfers would go over SSL which has been proven secure over the years, but still it worries me to do it. The other option would be syncing over WiFi, but Pixi won't support that, and a whole new set of problems will arise from personal firewalls blocking the synchronization. So yes, I am still debating on the best solution.

For Account and ABA field, you can expect those in the next update, it would just be a matter of adding them to the list. And for these two fields and some other fields I'm going to make it default to numerical input, and not alpha.

So I would say that everything except for #3 can be expected in a month or so.
    Thank you Danns. Much appreciated. While I would like to see syncing, it is not the top of my list.

Ya know, if you could get your hands on it, there's also a checksum for MasterCard, VISA and Amex cards (and prolly Discover) you could use to make sure someone did not make a typo when entering a credit card number!! Let me know if you need help finding it. That would be a neat feature that nobody else seems to offer.
  20.    #60  
    READ THIS BEFORE UPGRADING TO WEBOS 1.3.5

The migration of the Apps to the internal storage does not copy all the data (namely the cookies), causing Safe Box to loose track of the stored wallets. Please make a backup of your wallets before upgrading.

Wallets will get lost during the upgrade process.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast