Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    Use Notepad or any other basic Text Editor to paste the contents of the email, then save that as safebox.txt, and copy that file to the phone. Once this process has been completed go to the menu on Safe Box, tap Restore, and you should see the list of wallets contained in the backup.

It does not matter if the email content is copied exactly, as long as the encrypted data and separators are in that file.
    Where on the phone? The USB drive? Would that suffice?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePre View Post
    I have allot of data and have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to add a card. It would be cool if you could add a card as a menu option from inside wallet view. Also, having a lot of data means allot of scrolling it would be nice to have search built in so that i could quickly jump to any card.. Thanks and keep up the good work, I will definitely be paying for the full version once it's released.
    Thanks for your feedback. Yes that definitely is an issue. Perhaps the solution is going to be adding a "+" icon to the lower toolbar, that actually would follow the conventions set forth by the built in Palm apps.

@KnoxBNYC: Your easy request was executed . Now you won't have to do that with the new backup functionality in 0.9.22 which is clipboard based thanks to the enhanced clipboard features in WebOS 1.2. Go to the Restore screen again for instructions on how to proceed, I hope they are easier and more convenient than before.

Oh, btw, in case you have not noticed, version 0.9.22 has just been posted, give it a try! It specifically addresses small issues with WebOS 1.2, and has the improved restore feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post

@KnoxBNYC: Your easy request was executed . Now you won't have to do that with the new backup functionality in 0.9.22 which is clipboard based thanks to the enhanced clipboard features in WebOS 1.2. Go to the Restore screen again for instructions on how to proceed, I hope they are easier and more convenient than before.

Oh, btw, in case you have not noticed, version 0.9.22 has just been posted, give it a try! It specifically addresses small issues with WebOS 1.2, and has the improved restore feature.
    Dude.... You rock!!

I am going to buy this as soon as it becomes available through the App Catalog!

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I would like to see a read-only layer once you enter into the card. Then have an 'Edit' button that will take you to the editable card. This will prevent any unwanted editing for read-only instances (which could happen easily on a gesture-based touchscreen).

I would like to see a read-only layer also. Can you make this happen?

Thanks in advance!!!
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    I would like to see a read-only layer also. Can you make this happen?

Thanks in advance!!!
    It happened already . Just turn it on in the preferences, the option that says to use the Edit/Done button. However it does not prevent drag and drop yet.
    Can you give us a ballpark for what you're thinking in terms of price? Clearly this competes head to head with SplashID which is from a well-known vendor in the mobile space (and I've used it for years on the Treos). Before I consider investing time entering things into your product, I'd like to feel confident that it's going to be significantly more affordable.
    yeah....it would be cool to have a general idea about price....I'm definitely liking this product and will be considering buying the full version when released
  8.    #28  
    We are still in the process of submitting the app to Palm, and the price has not been set yet. I can assure you it will be competitive and affordable. We have developed software for companies in Miami, FL. for other mobile platforms including J2ME, Windows Mobile and older PalmOS; and this is not our only WebOS app currently in development. Our main objective is to produce high quality dependable apps.

The price may hover around $12.99.
    Last edited by dannns; 10/05/2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added price info
    I currently use Roboform which isn't planning on a webos version. Can you add the ability where by tapping on a card, it automatically logs you into that website?
  10.    #30  
    A new version has been posted with a bunch of improvements. Hopefully that takes care of most feature requests that have been mentioned. Here are the changes:

- Added a + button to add new wallets, cards or details.
    - Internal changes to the about scene.
    - Preferences handling has been improved to new conventions from the Spit! game.
    - Added filtering/search functionality to the cards list. Just type, and it will get filtered.
    - Improved the protection layer in details view.
    - Fixed font size issue with the detail label in edit view.
    - Added URL handling functionality. Now you can tap on a URL when in locked mode or double tap while editing, and it will open it in the browser.
    - Fixed bug where modelChanged was being unnecessarily being called for the command menu.
    - Added password hint, backward and forward data compatibility remains.
    - Fixed bug in delayed saving, causing changes to sometimes not get saved on time.
    - Changed card and details headers to fixed header.
    To give you feedback.. I love the software. It works, and the backup/restore functionality is unique and functional.

However, just to complete the feedback. Although you are the first to have backup, which sets you apart, you guys probably won't be the last group to offer it. Thereofore, the $12.99 price point strikes me as high.
    So i'll tell you what I, as 1 consumer, would be willing to pay, and that's probably up to 5 bucks. I'm interested to see what you guys will choose, whether to try to increase your customer base with lower price point, or to view it as a more specialty niche software, that will cater to fewer folks and thus demand higher price. We'll see.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Downloaded and ran on Palm emulator: net.wimesh.safebox_0.9.23_all.ipk

Looks promising. You are leveraging well the WebOS features.

But I noticed this...

I had 3 cards listed in a wallet

First, I deleted the second card.

Then, I clicked +Add Card

But, then I pressed Escape to not add another card.

When I return to the wallet list the other 2 cards were without description and empty of contents?

Maybe this is just an affect of the emulator?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbpre View Post
    Downloaded and ran on Palm emulator: net.wimesh.safebox_0.9.23_all.ipk

Looks promising. You are leveraging well the WebOS features.

But I noticed this...

I had 3 cards listed in a wallet

First, I deleted the second card.

Then, I clicked +Add Card

But, then I pressed Escape to not add another card.

When I return to the wallet list the other 2 cards were without description and empty of contents?

Maybe this is just an affect of the emulator?
    Thanks for reporting this, I've been able to duplicate it, investigating...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I notice the issue when a card is deleted (side swiped). Sometimes, moving back and forth to the card view scene, the names of the cards in the list get lost. Sorry, I cannot be more specific than this. Again, this might just be the emulator playing up?

Using Windows with Palm Emulator 1.2.0.33 in Virtualbox 2.2.4
  15.    #35  
    Thanks ajbpre! The bug has been fixed in 1.0.24.

Version 1.0.24 - 10/12/2009
    - Extended trial date to December 1st 2009.
    - App id changed to net.wimesh.webos.trial.safebox, a backup can be used to transfer the data from the old one, you don't have to email it away.
    - Fixed missing semicolons that are optional in JavaScript.
    - Fixed inactivity bug when device was turned off.
    - Move cards' header away quicker when the list is being filtered.
    - Code optimization.
    - Turned on capitalization on the custom field name dialog.
    - Fixed bug deleting cards, where it would always delete the first card, affected 1.0.23 only. Thanks ajbpre!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Will trial 1.0.24 :-)

BTW, I also like the cool icon selection feature.
    I like this app, would it be possible to have an pin lock screen for the password. And could you add the choice for email in the add card section. Oh and if I'm in the done view of a card could it be possible to copy so I can paste the information else where. This might be the only app I'm willing to buy when it comes to the app catalog.
    To piggyback what the above poster said, would it be possible to have a password screen popup when you you tap on the app. I just think setting a password for every wallet is a bit to much. How about a main password to access the app itself?
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Quote Originally Posted by laviddee View Post
    Thereofore, the $12.99 price point strikes me as high.
    So i'll tell you what I, as 1 consumer, would be willing to pay, and that's probably up to 5 bucks.
    Same here. Up to about $6.99 is what I'm thinking.
    I like Safebox a lot. Here are some feature requests to make it even better.

1. To open a browser window, it seems like the prefix “http://” is needed before the domain name. For example, “http://precentral.net” will open a browser window but “precentral.net” will not. Could you make it so that if the detail is labeled as “Web” or “URL”, then no prefix is needed to open a browser window?

2. For non-URL details, it would be handy to have the data copied to the clipboard if an item is selected. The application “P2Snippets” does this nicely. This will allow easy copy-and-paste of logins or passwords from Safebox to a web page.

3. I like the backup feature of the software. However, I’d feel better about putting my data in if there were a way to view the data on a PC too. Would a simple desktop application that decodes and displays the backup data be possible?

Thanks!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast