1.    #1  
    This is the offical thread for Check Please.

Why bother with a calculator and all that division. Just use the Check Please application. Not only does it easily calculate the tip, it makes splitting the bill a snap. Just enter the check total, the amount your party wants to tip and the number of peopled in your party. Viola! It calculates everything you need.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks good. One recommendation is to lock it into numeric mode.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Damn tip applications are becoming like fart apps for the iphone. lol

Good work though.. i would also say try working with another background the black doesnt work to well on it.
    Last edited by atlanta; 09/25/2009 at 10:48 AM.
  4. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    So that's only useful if your party wants to split the bill evenly regardless of what each person ordered, right?
  5.    #5  
    I just fixed the code so it will start with the num lock on. It will be in the next update. Thanks
  6.    #6  
    correct. it doesn't know who ordered which items or what they cost
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    it's good to have variety, but out of curiosity, what does this do that TipIt doesn't do?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    it's good to have variety, but out of curiosity, what does this do that TipIt doesn't do?
    Adam,
    What I see immediately is it gives you the amounts for each group in the party. If the party consists of groups of 1, 2, 3, or 4 for example. TipIt gives you the amount for each person in the party, this one does the multiplication for groups of more than one. Useful for large parties. You could easily add the function as a separate screen or pop-up to TipIt. Tap on Total Amount and pop-up multipliers up to the split number.
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIra View Post
    Adam,
    What I see immediately is it gives you the amounts for each group in the party. If the party consists of groups of 1, 2, 3, or 4 for example. TipIt gives you the amount for each person in the party, this one does the multiplication for groups of more than one. Useful for large parties. You could easily add the function as a separate screen or pop-up to TipIt. Tap on Total Amount and pop-up multipliers up to the split number.
    Ira
    hmm, mine has the split option as well though, so it will give the per person cost of the meal. Is this different? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Adam,
    Yes this is a bit different. If you have say 3 people in your party, one couple and one single. Your program will give you the split cost per person. This program will give you both the cost for the single person and the cost for the couple without having to multiply the per person split cost by 2.
    Like I said, it would be easy for you to add that as a pop-up on the total.
    Ira
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ohh, I see. Thanks!