Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks, for the update about 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    What are you using to install the RoamOnly Toggle app? And is this the only app that isn't appearing?

I am using quickinstall. Yes, this si the only app that will not appear.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    I am using quickinstall. Yes, this si the only app that will not appear.
    Not really sure what's happening. There's nothing unusual about this app in terms of installation.

A few suggestions:
    1. Double check the bottom of the first launcher page for the icon.
    2. Open the Launcher menu item: List Apps. Check if RoamOnly Toggle is listed there. If it is, delete it.
    3. Restart your device.
    4. Make sure you're using the latest version of Quick Install (2.7).
    5. Make sure you're on WebOS 1.2.1.
    6. Download a fresh copy of RoamOnly Toggle from the PreCentral App Gallery Feed, and install it. Also download and install another new headless app, such as Vibrate Toggle or Reset Button.
    7. Look for the new apps on the bottom of the first page of the Launcher.
    8. If the RoamOnly Toggle app still isn't there, let me know if you have any tweaks installed.
    I got it to work!

I did not have the latest version of quickinstall installed...

Thanks so much man, you have been such a good help and thank you so much for this app.
    I'm back with another problem...

It seems like ever since I start using 'roam only', my text messaging has been going haywire.

Sometimes I don't receive texts until a day later.

Could this have anything to do with 'roam only' being enabled?

It is extremely frustrating
  6.    #66  
    I'm back with another problem...

It seems like ever since I start using 'roam only', my text messaging has been going haywire.

Sometimes I don't receive texts until a day later.

Could this have anything to do with 'roam only' being enabled?

It is extremely frustrating
    Yeah, I believe that's a problem with roaming itself, as opposed to the app or the patch. That happens to me occasionally when I'm on Verizon.
    how can you tell when you are using verizon?
  8.    #68  
    I just know that Verizon is the carrier with the strong signal at my home because I switched to Sprint from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    yup restarting the phone did the trick, thanks man.. Man i really hope someone works on putting this in the radio menu because that would be so nice
    +1

That would be very nice! Did someone make a Radio Menu patch for this toggle?
    anyone confirm this still works with 1.3.1?

I like to have "roam only" at work due to poor Sprint signal, plus the Pre battery lasts tons longer since AllTel has a better signal where I am than Sprint (Swiftel)
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    anyone confirm this still works with 1.3.1?

I like to have "roam only" at work due to poor Sprint signal, plus the Pre battery lasts tons longer since AllTel has a better signal where I am than Sprint (Swiftel)
    It works with webOS 1.3.1.

I just updated the first post to say this. Thanks.
    I get terrible service in my house, and I needed a roaming only option to get good service in my house. This did the trick and I can roam whenever I choose to.
    When I have 'roam only' enabled, I cannot get a signal from the EV network, EVER. All I get is the dreaded 1X symbol.

Is there any setting I can change to let me receive the EV network?
    When I have 'roam only' enabled, I cannot get a signal from the EV network, EVER. All I get is the dreaded 1X symbol.

Is there any setting I can change to let me receive the EV network?
    from what I have read sprint only has a 1x deal with verizon. Some people report getting evdo while roaming without the hack. It might have to do with the 'roamonly' mode. I am not sure.
    Thanks a bunch for this app. I am only hoping Sprint doesn't kill it with updates, especially since I can't get the patch to display properly. It is really nice having the option to manually roam when your signal is so weak all your calls will drop!
    I've gotten EV while roaming before, with and without this app. I think if there is a 1X option, it will try it first before using EV, especially since Sprint's map has "broadband roaming" in several places that correspond to Verizion's 3G map.
    Does this work with 1.4? I have not tried, since I am chicken! The front posting nor patch description have been updated in over 4 months....
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Does this work with 1.4? I have not tried, since I am chicken! The front posting nor patch description have been updated in over 4 months....
    yes it does work with 1.4 but you have to swipe it away when it switches
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    fyi there is also a Roam Only in device menu patch available Preware
    Well, I just got my Sprint bill and WHOA! Every incoming call was from an "unavailable" number and counted aginst my minutes. I have like 1,500 minutes (1500 Everything Data Share) and free calls to/from cell phones. Is it a bad idea to leave my phone on "roam only" all of the time?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast