Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I really need to keep my roam tweak and toggle, so i am waiting for the wosqi update that Jason is working on before going to 1.2..not trying to deal with command line
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    just to add, the sprint guy at best buy mentioned that Sprint will send out a letter if you roam too much and with excessive use they can shut off your service...hope that isn't true because that IS NOT in the fine print from what i have seen
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    yes, of course they will, but that is only if you ABUSE it. only use 'roam' if you have to and you'll be fine....
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    yes, of course they will, but that is only if you ABUSE it. only use 'roam' if you have to and you'll be fine....
    Thought roaming was included in the everything plan ?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    it is, but not all your minutes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cjitty View Post
    just to add, the sprint guy at best buy mentioned that Sprint will send out a letter if you roam too much and with excessive use they can shut off your service...hope that isn't true because that IS NOT in the fine print from what i have seen
    Read the fine print again, then: "Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas."
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Thought roaming was included in the everything plan ?
    It is, but it is subject to the above limitations.

If you get no Sprint service at home, and you think you are in danger of running afoul of the above limitations, I recommend you call Sprint and get yourself an Airave device (assuming you have a broadband connection). Often, you can get an Airave free of charge if you are in a location where Sprint has no coverage.

Furthermore, as a point of fact, your Sprint Mobile-to-Mobile calls are only airtime free if both phones are on the Sprint network. If either one of the phones is roaming, M-to-M does not apply, and your call will either use peak airtime (goes against your plan minutes), or Night and Weekend airtime (free).
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lorcha View Post
    Read the fine print again, then: "Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas."

It is, but it is subject to the above limitations.

If you get no Sprint service at home, and you think you are in danger of running afoul of the above limitations, I recommend you call Sprint and get yourself an Airave device (assuming you have a broadband connection). Often, you can get an Airave free of charge if you are in a location where Sprint has no coverage.

Furthermore, as a point of fact, your Sprint Mobile-to-Mobile calls are only airtime free if both phones are on the Sprint network. If either one of the phones is roaming, M-to-M does not apply, and your call will either use peak airtime (goes against your plan minutes), or Night and Weekend airtime (free).

Well damn, guess you told me lol. I didn't see that honestly. I was afraid of the new anytime mobile plans not allowing roaming to be including in the unlimited minutes. I gotta be careful I guess. I have an LG LX 160 phone that has better sprint coverage at home than my Pre for some reason, so I guess I'll just use that. thanks for posting that up
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    When using this app woth Web OS 1.2 without the tweak patch, can anyone get data to work while in Roam only mode?

Data roaming is enabled in Phone prefs.
  10.    #50  
    Data works fine for me in Roam Only mode in 1.2 without the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    When using this app woth Web OS 1.2 without the tweak patch, can anyone get data to work while in Roam only mode?
    It works for me, but I actually disabled data roaming in the prefs because you can't receive a call while 1x data is active (and data roaming is 1x).

Luckily for me, the only places where I have marginal Sprint coverage have WiFi available. So I can simply disable data roaming and rely on WiFi for data while RoamOnly is enabled.

Another thing I noticed: preventing the phone from constantly searching for a non-existent Sprint signal conserves a ton of battery! Thanks for this app that makes it so convenient to switch modes.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    You're right works for me too. My mistake.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Downloaded the roam app and it works for me without the tweak. I also enabled data roaming so now I can get data with the app on. I have an airave, but it doesn't work with Charter Cable internet or AT&T DSL. To much jitter and whatnot in the line, so it's a paper weight as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if others have realized the airave only works as well as your broadband connection?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    yeah, i accidentaly hit my toggle button and hell, roam works just fine without the tweak..nice!
    When ever I select roam , all I get is searching ? Can anyone help me out ?
    Downloaded via Preware along with the roam only patch. Cannot get into roaming........................just keeps searching for signal.

Thanks
  16.    #56  
    Downloaded via Preware along with the roam only patch. Cannot get into roaming........................just keeps searching for signal.

Thanks
    Is the patch you installed compatible with 1.2?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Thanks
    Have you rebooted your phone?
    I have downloaded this app. several times, but the icon for it does not show up on my launcher? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    I have downloaded this app. several times, but the icon for it does not show up on my launcher? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
    What are you using to install the RoamOnly Toggle app? And is this the only app that isn't appearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by timbtimb View Post
    Great app.

Would it be possible for someone to add the ability to have it switch on automatically? Either by GPS or having it detect when there is only 1 Sprint bar and a much better roaming connection.
    That would be the perfect app and would be willing to pay good APP money for something like that. Or even if the built-in Roam to sprint network function was "Tweaked" to switch to roaming with 1-2 bars etc. Currenty the phone has to catch on fire for Sprint to change over to roaming.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast