1.    #1  
    ***UPDATE COMING***

QuickSolve is my second app that will be part of the QuickSuite (will be able to download individual games or the whole suite). I hope you enjoy it. This is only 15 puzzles, and soon the full unlimited version will be released. Each puzzle will come with all the different solutions when you finish the puzzle (i.e. 2 _ 2 = 4 could be + or *).

Operators:
    +: addition
    -: subtraction
    *: multiplication
    /: division
    <: less than
    >: greater than
    %: modulus (gets the integer remainder i.e. 10%3=1 or 3 goes into 10 3 times and there is 1 as a remainder)
    ^: power (raises a number to a power i.e. 2^3=8 or 2*2*2)

Here are additional plans I have for the game:
    • Characters in the puzzle equation will start to disappear as the levels get tougher, and the hardest levels will flash the equation and all the characters will disappear requiring you to solve the puzzle on memory alone
    • Updated - Enable "continue" functionality in the game
    • Updated - Record high scores
    • Updated - Make the progress pill (timer) a button that will pause the game when pushed
    • Re-randomize characters in the board after each button push (peripheral vision helps if they are static) for tougher levels

I have also incorporated auto-pausing when another app is opened (i.e. answer a phone call), options to allow for changing levels and the timer speed, and better instructions. PLEASE read the instructions. The game is a little different than anything you might have played. The icons have also been cleaned up.

QuickSolve is part of QuickSuite which will include:

QuickSolve - stated above

QuickSpell - a word puzzle game very similar to QuickSolve

QuickTrace - a simon-style, follow-the-leader game

QuickMazes - a 3D maze game that you swipe your way through - in beta, not ready for release

QuickWhack - a whack-a-mole style game

Please remember to rate the app. Any feedback is much appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shanerooni; 10/25/2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: notify that app is live
    It looks like it will be neat! I will try it when > 15 puzzles and give useful feedback
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    It looks like it will be neat! I will try it when > 15 puzzles and give useful feedback
    i'd see if you can make it through the first 15 puzzles

i'm looking for the feedback before i expand it to unlimited levels, but definitely check it out when the full version is released.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    This game is awesome, and I am going to make it through the first 15 puzzles... hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i'd see if you can make it through the first 15 puzzles

i'm looking for the feedback before i expand it to unlimited levels, but definitely check it out when the full version is released.
    OK - I will download and try it when I get a few min of time and will let you know how it goes!
    I liked the game like this on my Nintendo DS. Good job.
    Maybe I am missing something or just tired (it is pretty late). The very first level is 3 _ 4 = 12. The answer is obviously * (multiply), but no matter which "*" I select on the board, it says I am wrong.
  8.    #8  
    Maybe I am missing something or just tired (it is pretty late). The very first level is 3 _ 4 = 12. The answer is obviously * (multiply), but no matter which "*" I select on the board, it says I am wrong.
    i think i know what the problem is... just like QuickSpell, you have to type all the characters in order, but filling in the blank as you go for this game. so you would choose "3" then "*" then "4", etc. - not just what's missing. let me know if that works.
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I liked the game like this on my Nintendo DS. Good job.
    thanks! i never had a DS, but i'm going to exploit this puzzle/timer/gameboard setup with as many game ideas as i can think of!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    okay, well this is a truly nifty game :-)

btw, could make it a tad harder by disallowing the repeated use of the same button :-)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnatau View Post
    okay, well this is a truly nifty game :-)

btw, could make it a tad harder by disallowing the repeated use of the same button :-)
    EDIT: Thanks, rnatau!!!

i'm definitely going to go from lighting up the buttons to disabling them, so that way you can't reuse buttons. with QuickSpell i am pulling from 26 letter, so it's a little more random, but i'll be disabling buttons in both.

they will definitely get much, much harder! how's your calculus? haha...
    Last edited by shanerooni; 09/24/2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: thanks
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    i think i know what the problem is... just like QuickSpell, you have to type all the characters in order, but filling in the blank as you go for this game. so you would choose "3" then "*" then "4", etc. - not just what's missing. let me know if that works.
    OK, thanks, that works, but it is not intuitive. Why should the user have to type everything in instead of just what is missing? And why can't the selections just be in order like a keypad? If the point of the game is to challenge your math, I don't see the need to type everything and have to hunt for where the "9" is on the board, etc...

Inquiring minds want to know!
  13.    #13  
    OK, thanks, that works, but it is not intuitive. Why should the user have to type everything in instead of just what is missing? And why can't the selections just be in order like a keypad? If the point of the game is to challenge your math, I don't see the need to type everything and have to hunt for where the "9" is on the board, etc...

Inquiring minds want to know!
    the two points of the game are to beat the clock and to challenge your math. it take a while to find the numbers and operators, making it a little more challenging. i might have a bonus round every 5 puzzles or so that is rapid-fire operators only. thanks for the feedback!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Pretty fun game, I beat the 30 levels first time through though. I felt like my score would have been much higher if I could have found the operators/numbers quicker, but I suppose thats suppose to be an element of the game?

- The main graphic needs a bit more work, as the edges are not smooth.
    - Also the first time through I think some of the levels repeated themselves. Perhaps there were multiple answers, I'm not sure.
    - Anyhow, I look forward to more levels keep up the good work.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here