Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This app pops up a banner notification. Clicking on the banner will reboot your phone.

There are some people who wanted it, so I made it.

Very simple app. All it does is reset your phone when you click the icon. Not sure why people wanted it, but it was requested.

Made by request from rxs2k.

You're welcome to suggest additions/changes to this app, but for the moment my other app, Brightness Unlinked, is the priority.

Link to app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/reset-button

Last edited by zinge; 02/08/2010 at 08:48 PM.
    I assume this is performing the same reset as ORANGE+SYM+R, which is the same as the "Restart" Option found in Device Info\Reset Options?

If so, you may want to clarify since there are a few different "Reset" options for the device. (Restart, Partial Erase, Full Erase)
    LOL. If this were Windows Mobile, this would actually BE a very useful application......
    Thank you so much been waiting on this!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I assume this is performing the same reset as ORANGE+SYM+R, which is the same as the "Restart" Option found in Device Info\Reset Options?

If so, you may want to clarify since there are a few different "Reset" options for the device. (Restart, Partial Erase, Full Erase)
    You're correct, it is restart. That was dumb of me... I meant to call it "Restart Button", not reset button. I'm not gonna change it now though... that would be a hassle to change the app name appid, thread name, homebrew app repo name, etc. Oops.
    This can be useful at times (sometimes my bluetooth hands free device works incorrectly and only a reset fixes)... I would suggest that it has a confirmation dialog before reset, to avoid accidents, it would be a fairly simple solution. Thanks for the app.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 09/23/2009 at 01:23 AM.
    Sorry to hijack, but since you seemed to be able to make this one-button app on a request, I know there have been a lot of requests for a "roam-only" toggle button. I agree that this app is somewhat useless, but a roam-only switch would make that tweak a lot more useful.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I've been using the one dg quick cut for some time. Never hit it by accident as of yet. Its actually quite useful for me. thanks I'll use yours as i have to keep his main icon on as well as the shortcut.
    I have had this function for a while from an application called Quick Cut. I have actually found it useful.
    Laissez Faire
    It would be nice if there was a program like Blackberry has "quick pull" where you could schedule you phone to restart at a set time each day.
    So each night at 3:am for example your phone would restart and then you start every day with a fresh phone and no memory leaks.
    if 5 stars was "very good" instead of "must have" i would have given 5 stars... kudos for making it by request, though!
    Thank you for making this. I actually reset/restart my Pre once a day so this does help me.
    would like it to have a confirmation or something so i wouldnt accidentally hit it.. thatd be my only request.

also like the idea of a roam only toggle..
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenext44 View Post
    It would be nice if there was a program like Blackberry has "quick pull" where you could schedule you phone to restart at a set time each day.
    So each night at 3:am for example your phone would restart and then you start every day with a fresh phone and no memory leaks.
    Yes! I used QuickPull on my Blackberry, but it needed it.

Still, I find myself wanting to reset my Pre once a week or so. More, if I'm messing around with early versions of homebrew apps. However, due to a bug in the Pre, after I reboot, I need to change my ringer and notification settings. I like ringer all the way up (a reboot makes it all the way down). I like my notification all the way down/off (a reboot makes it as long as it can get). So, while having an auto reboot every night at 2am would be nice, this bug would stop be from using an app that did an auto reboot, anyway.

However, there should be a confirmation. I can deal with two taps to reboot. Doesn't need to be just one.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND INSTALLING THIS APP. IT WILL NOT HARM YOUR PHONE, BUT IT WILL MAKE IT EXTREMELY EASY TO REBOOT IT BY ACCIDENT, JUST BY CLICKING THE APP ICON IN THE LAUNCHER
    Then just add a confirmation dialog. Problem solved
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    would like it to have a confirmation or something so i wouldnt accidentally hit it.. thatd be my only request.

also like the idea of a roam only toggle..
    I agree with a confirmation box.
  17.    #17  
    Yeah yeah yeah, I get it, everyone wants a confirmation box. I'll add it later tonight if I have time.
    x2 on the scheduled reset option. It would be great to be able to reboot every night at a specified time.
    Been wanting this for a long time now. I have not tried it yet, but if it reboots as you say just clicking on the button, then at least add a confirmation button to it. Such as: 'are you sure you want to reboot: y/n?'

That would prevent unintentional reboots because we had a fat thumb.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Heh, I just loved how on the download page, it actually says "I do not recommend installing this app." And this straight from the dev himself!

Comedy gold! Still, A+ for the effort and community work!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast