Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Started working on this today; almost got it working. Just having some problems with the TimePicker widget. I'll let you know when its done.
    I don't know if this will help you, but I downloaded the other day an app from WebOSInternals called XOrg Tools.

One of the features of that is a 'scheduled daily reboot' using 'CRON', which I believe is a standard UNIX/Linux scheduler.

If you take a look at that, maybe it would help you with your problem, or even talk to the developer of that tool set.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I don't know if this will help you, but I downloaded the other day an app from WebOSInternals called XOrg Tools.

One of the features of that is a 'scheduled daily reboot' using 'CRON', which I believe is a standard UNIX/Linux scheduler.

If you take a look at that, maybe it would help you with your problem, or even talk to the developer of that tool set.

Rob
    Thanks, but that's unrelated. I could do it through CRON with no problem, but that is through a linux shell, not through the WebOS calls. I have the "reboot at a certain time" part working already. I'm just having some stupid issues with the gui thats lets you pick what that time is. I'll get it figured out; I'm just behind on basic javascript stuff that I need to learn.
  3.    #63  
    I just finished writing a scheduled reboot app and debugging it this afternoon. Hooray! I'm just working on having a way for the user to cancel the reboot if they are working on something when the scheduled alarm time hits; something like a popup that says "Your phone is rebooting in 15 secs; tap this to cancel." or something. I'm just having a little trouble coding it. If you guys want, I can at least post the current version to the feed in the next day or two when I get a chance.
    That's great! I can wait for the cancel option, unless you want to get it out there for some testing.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

5.    #65  
    Beta of Reboot Scheduler finished! Uploading to the feed now. Should show up within the hour. Let me know how it works for you guys.
    Can't wait to try it out, so it should be available in Preware?

Will look now!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Can't wait to try it out, so it should be available in Preware?

Will look now!

Rob
    Just checked and it looks like it hasn't been published yet, but it should be soon.
    Ok I just found it, I guess it took a while to get posted.

Zinge, I had started to use Xorg Tools for the reboot option. But because I asked you to add this to you Reset Button app, and you took the time to get something to us, I just switched my reboot to your Reboot Scheduler, and made a donation.

I feel personally if we ask for stuff and you took the time to put some out there, and inyour case, you had to learn some maybe more complicated routines, I want to acknowledge your efforts.

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Zinge, question or maybe more of a request!

Can you add to the Reset Scheduler app an option to 'RESET NOW'!

Maybe just an on screen button below the setting for the scheduler stuff.

This way, I can use that instead of having to use both apps.

I would think that adding that option would not be that much more difficult since you have that already.

It would just be the merging of both apps together.

Do you think this is possible and would you be willing to do that?

As I said, I have stopped using the CRON version and am now using your app which I support you 100% for all your efforts!

Thanks!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 02/10/2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: additional info
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

even there are some schedule options (various apps) I still love the reset button... but even if it is still working.. I dont like the splash screen.. would it be possible to tell the application not to show it?

thank you in advance
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    even there are some schedule options (various apps) I still love the reset button... but even if it is still working.. I dont like the splash screen.. would it be possible to tell the application not to show it?

thank you in advance
    If I can figure out a way to fix this I will, last time I checked, it wasnt possible yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    If I can figure out a way to fix this I will, last time I checked, it wasnt possible yet.
    I know Sconix was removing it also.. and if Im not wrong he managed to do it...

he is on vacation right now.. but maybe he would be willing to advice you...

And thank you for your great application.. I use it almost on the daily basis
    i know everyone at the beginning of this thread asked you over and over for a banner confirmation. -- is there an older version that just restarts the phone? i would love that -- before your update to remove the splash screen i was able to use an edditional patch from the mode switcher thread to skip the banner but this no longer works -- i would love to be able to just press the icon and have my phone restart

thansk

(i think that by putting the icon on a back page i only hit it when i want to)

thanks again

Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by thenext44 View Post
    It would be nice if there was a program like Blackberry has "quick pull" where you could schedule you phone to restart at a set time each day.
    So each night at 3:am for example your phone would restart and then you start every day with a fresh phone and no memory leaks.
    Preset Reset and Reboot Scheduler do this. I have my Pre Plus restarting at 3 am each morning.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i know everyone at the beginning of this thread asked you over and over for a banner confirmation. -- is there an older version that just restarts the phone? i would love that -- before your update to remove the splash screen i was able to use an edditional patch from the mode switcher thread to skip the banner but this no longer works -- i would love to be able to just press the icon and have my phone restart

thansk

(i think that by putting the icon on a back page i only hit it when i want to)

thanks again

Rob
    Try the one from this post?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1953795

Delete the one you have first, then install the new one. It doesn't have a new version number, so it won't install over the old you (you have to delete the old one first). Lemme know if you have any problems and I can throw up a new one.
    Hi all,

Ok, this is a very old thing to ask for, but I just cannot find the right app. After I replaced my Sprint Pre, I lost a few homebrew apps that I had and Preware did not install all of them (I guess because HP took down the app catalog and messed up my re-install that is within Preware).

Anyway, I'm looking for the reset app that does not show the splash screen or the original zinge's app.

It was a round circular icon that I just tapped on and it reset the phone.

Can someone please post a link to that version?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Found it!
    Robert L