Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Would you be able to put up a link to the original reset button? I doctor'd my phone and can't find the first version.

I prefer to not have the confirmation, and I'm sure some others would like access to this one too. Big thanks!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    Would you be able to put up a link to the original reset button? I doctor'd my phone and can't find the first version.

I prefer to not have the confirmation, and I'm sure some others would like access to this one too. Big thanks!
    Try this. I don't have my phone on me so I can't test it, but I just commented out the confirmation banner code, so it should work fine. Lemme know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks I love it the way it is!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Try this. I don't have my phone on me so I can't test it, but I just commented out the confirmation banner code, so it should work fine. Lemme know.
    It actually did not install at all. There's no warning of it not installing, but it just does not appear in the launcher.

If it's a problem, I really don't want to bother you about it...
  5.    #45  
    It actually did not install at all. There's no warning of it not installing, but it just does not appear in the launcher.

If it's a problem, I really don't want to bother you about it...
    How are you trying to install it? Its in a zip file. Unzip the file, then drag and drop the ipk into Quick Install.

Also, you have to remove the other version that you didn't want.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thanks for uploading that. It doesn't install on my Pre, whichever way I attempt to do it. It does install on the emulator. This makes me think that it left "something" behind that does not allow installing of the old version. I'm going to do some digging, thanks again.
  7.    #47  
    Thanks for uploading that. It doesn't install on my Pre, whichever way I attempt to do it. It does install on the emulator. This makes me think that it left "something" behind that does not allow installing of the old version. I'm going to do some digging, thanks again.
    That doesn't make sense... Try uninstalling any version of reset button you have. Restart the phone, then install the no confirmation version. It should work fine... Let me know if it still doesn't work. I'll try it on mine and see whats wrong.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I've been using this program at least 3 times a week (often more) for over a month now. I'm convinced frequent reboots have made my phone happier, and by extension, me happier. I probably wouldn't reset so often if the button didn't sit on the bottom right corner of my first launcher page.

With all of my patching and occasional memory leaks, this app has gone from a convenience to a must have for me.
    I know this was a very simple program that most don't understand why we even needed it but it is very useful in my opinion.

I have discovered after months now of using it, that I need a new feature in this, and if the developer if this is not interested in making a change, maybe another developer would be interested.

I want and think it would be useful to have the 'reset' app be able to do an automatic reset (reboot what ever term you want to use) at a specific time. I personally want my Pre to reboot once a day during the night.

I want this so that the memory issues get resolved by doing a simple reboot.

We all know that over time the Pre's memory gets lost (for lack of better technical terms) and the only way right now to fix that is a reboot, until Palm puts in better memory management.

Does this addition sound like something some would want added to this nice and simple app?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I know this was a very simple program that most don't understand why we even needed it but it is very useful in my opinion.

I have discovered after months now of using it, that I need a new feature in this, and if the developer if this is not interested in making a change, maybe another developer would be interested.

I want and think it would be useful to have the 'reset' app be able to do an automatic reset (reboot what ever term you want to use) at a specific time. I personally want my Pre to reboot once a day during the night.

I want this so that the memory issues get resolved by doing a simple reboot.

We all know that over time the Pre's memory gets lost (for lack of better technical terms) and the only way right now to fix that is a reboot, until Palm puts in better memory management.

Does this addition sound like something some would want added to this nice and simple app?

Thanks!

Rob
    This idea was actually proposed a few times when this tool was first released.

I'd like to have something that does an automatic reboot every night for this very purpose. I had such a thing on my Blackberry and it was useful for exactly the reason you say.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This idea was actually proposed a few times when this tool was first released.

I'd like to have something that does an automatic reboot every night for this very purpose. I had such a thing on my Blackberry and it was useful for exactly the reason you say.
    I like the idea too, especially since 1.3.1 seems to need to be rebooted so often. I'm going on vacation, but I get back after new years. I'll take a look then and see if I can add this in. I really should learn how to do the scheduling code anyway... people want it for my other apps as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I like the idea too, especially since 1.3.1 seems to need to be rebooted so often. I'm going on vacation, but I get back after new years. I'll take a look then and see if I can add this in. I really should learn how to do the scheduling code anyway... people want it for my other apps as well.
    Thanks for looking into it!

Have a great vacation and a safe holiday!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

at first i thought it was a silly idea but now i use it all the time to reset my pre, great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by raziman View Post
    at first i thought it was a silly idea but now i use it all the time to reset my pre, great idea
    so why don't you use Orange+Sym+R ?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreacher View Post
    so why don't you use Orange+Sym+R ?
    First why have the app in the first place, I find it difficult to arrange my fingers to hit Orange Sym R at the same time.

I can do it with one hand! You can't do the O S R with one hand, because one hand has to hold the Pre itself the other has to enter the keys.

But the reason for the automated function, is that I want the Pre to reboot when I am sleeping at night!

This way in the morning all the memory issues are gone, and there are memory issues.

Rob

PS If you don't reboot regularly, you Pre will probably just crash and reboot on its own anyway.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I know it hasn't been that long since you said you were going to look into adding the scheduling but I would love it if you could get this done. I'd donate for sure for that functionality. My phone seem to be much happier if I reboot about once a day and late at night would be the best time.

thanks!
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I know it hasn't been that long since you said you were going to look into adding the scheduling but I would love it if you could get this done. I'd donate for sure for that functionality. My phone seem to be much happier if I reboot about once a day and late at night would be the best time.

thanks!
    I'll get there eventually. Just got the bugs worked out of my other app, and one of the new features for it will eventually be scheduling, so I figure I'll teach myself how to do it by making a scheduled reboot app first. Classes are starting back up again though, but I'll try and make time.
    Great app comes in handy when changing things via terminal access. Quick question though, where is the app icon stored on the phone? I am creating a theme and wanted to tweak the icon
  19.    #59  
    The app icons are all stored in the app's directory. If you're on 1.3.5+, app directories are stored a couple sublevels down in /media/crytpofs/. Lemme know if you need more detailed instructions.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post

thanks!
    Started working on this today; almost got it working. Just having some problems with the TimePicker widget. I'll let you know when its done.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast