Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    New version uploaded. Now pops up a banner notification that you have to tap to reboot (instead of immediately rebooting).

I looked into adding a confirmation dialog, but it would take a lot more effort than its worth at this point. I figured this was good enough. If you click the icon by accident, just wait till the banner goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    New version uploaded. Now pops up a banner notification that you have to tap to reboot (instead of immediately rebooting).

I looked into adding a confirmation dialog, but it would take a lot more effort than its worth at this point. I figured this was good enough. If you click the icon by accident, just wait till the banner goes away.
    Wow, thanks for following through with my request Zinge. I find it very useful, and to the poster a few posts above, I have WM and that was one of the few odd things I missed on my pre. Glad to see I wasnt the only one.

Great to see there's an update already and I can't thank you enough.

Hope my donation can buy you a cup or mug of something.
    FYI....dg Quick cut has had this feature already enabled long time ago....

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...t-shortcut-app

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post

Yes, but he had no confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Been wanting this for a long time now. I have not tried it yet, but if it reboots as you say just clicking on the button, then at least add a confirmation button to it. Such as: 'are you sure you want to reboot: y/n?'

That would prevent unintentional reboots because we had a fat thumb.

Thanks!

Rob
    Are you sure you want to post this message twice?

YES! . . . . NO!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post

Sorry, I've never used it. I just had someone PM me asking me if I could do this, and it wasn't incredibly hard, so I did.
    I like this little program. It's even better now that it wants verification before rebooting. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Sorry, I've never used it. I just had someone PM me asking me if I could do this, and it wasn't incredibly hard, so I did.
    No worries! I love that there are various options out there! Good for the community and good for competition! Good work!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hi Zinge,

Thanks for the app, I was wondering if it is possible to add a timed reboot feature? So I could have the pre reboot nightly, so I can wake up to a nicely refreshed Pre?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    Are you sure you want to post this message twice?

YES! . . . . NO!
    Did I accidentally post it twice, I'm so sorry, of course not!

Is it possible to delete a post?

If so, I will delete it.

Rob

PS Just found out how to delete a post, and I did delete the duplicate. I guess that was good exercise, because now I know how to delete a post!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 09/25/2009 at 01:32 AM. Reason: additional info
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

yeah, a scheduled reboot would be great.

i reboot about every 2 weeks, but if i could schedule it, i would do it every week, maybe day, just because.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The one thing that concerns me about this app is if its worth it to lose that possibility of getting another app that is useful when you hit your "app" limit on the Pre, which I am at right now.

So, although it is more convenient than hitting "RED,sym,r" combo, you lose getting a different useful app.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    The one thing that concerns me about this app is if its worth it to lose that possibility of getting another app that is useful when you hit your "app" limit on the Pre, which I am at right now.

So, although it is more convenient than hitting "RED,sym,r" combo, you lose getting a different useful app.
    That should concern you about every app, not just this one. If there is a limit as people have mentioned on this board (I've never run into the issue) then you need to decide which apps are worth keeping and which ones are not.

As far as having choice and freedom the more apps available the better.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post

Well, Zinge did it per request. If you don't find use for it, then simply not download it. It is a matter of preference. I think it is cool that they did the app since it was a request. Besides, the limit is only a matter of time until Palm release the Pre of that.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Great little app, I reboot my pre a lot (when it feels slow) and this has it's own page on my launcher to make it super easy to reboot.
    Is there a difference between restarting the pre and restarting the luna? I think it would be nice to have the option to resart just the luna. This would be usfull after installing patches and quicker than restarting the pre.
    well, I am telling of my preference. I think I'm more annoyed that I can't have unlimited apps! For christmas tree sake suck bones.

as for the app though, isn't it easier to hold down the keyboard combo than go to the launcher, tap the icon, tap the bottom of the screen, and then the Pre restets?

am I wrong or is this what this apps really is and how you use it?
    Once again... Yes you can use the key combination of orange+sym+R to restart. The author of this app just had a lot of people request this as an app. He knew how to program it, so he created it for those that want it... 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebsterino View Post
    Is there a difference between restarting the pre and restarting the luna? I think it would be nice to have the option to resart just the luna. This would be usfull after installing patches and quicker than restarting the pre.
    what in the creation of mankind is the luna?
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    Once again... Yes you can use the key combination of orange+sym+R to restart. The author of this app just had a lot of people request this as an app. He knew how to program it, so he created it for those that want it... 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
    And I'm one of them...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast