Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Kidding aside; it sounds like your house is blocking the GPS signal, no matter what application uses it.
    I am presently at work, but at home CellStalker usually has me dead on from home or work, though G Maps has me about 2 blocks off. Only WiMP has me off as of now, both from home and work.

Kidding aside; it sounds like your house is blocking the GPS signal, no I have upped the power that WIMP asks the GPS device to use in the application, and that will be part of the next release. It should be out within the next 24-48 hours, so please update once it's available and let me know if anything changes.

In the meantime, you could try keeping the phone outside to see what kind of results you get there. If you're still not getting accurate fixes, you may want to have your phone inspected as the GPS device may be malfunctioning or damaged.
    I will put it next to the window and see what happens since I won't be outside for a while.

I really don't think the GPS is bad, another program and GMaps are generally close.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I am presently at work, but at home CellStalker usually has me dead on from home or work, though G Maps has me about 2 blocks off. Only WiMP has me off as of now, both from home and work.

I will put it next to the window and see what happens since I won't be outside for a while.

I really don't think the GPS is bad, another program and GMaps are generally close.
    I think that issue will be resolved in the next beta version, where the app polls the GPS chip for a longer period. This will increase the accuracy a bit I believe.
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    well I am looking forward to that release Beta testing is kind of fun!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Keep up the good work. I am trying to help you out as much as possible by fielding some of the questions in here.
    Definitely appreciated!

New version is up in the first post of this thread and in the homebrew apps section. 0.8.3. Changelog is in first post.

Definitely appreciated!

New version is up in the first post of this thread and in the homebrew apps section. 0.8.3. Changelog is in first post.
    Man, do you work fast. We were discussing previously if the pre logs the GPS position of a wireless router it has saved, and I now believe this to be true. I was out for a few hours, came back and before GPS could be activated, it pegged me on my exact spot, not the old location.

UPDATE: After the upgrade to the new version, my phone still uploaded a Cell ID, not a GPS location. Will wait for the next update to see if it gets better.

UPDATE 2: Yup, spot on this time.
    Last edited by Yankees368; 09/25/2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Cool app ! just registered... tried inside office and it's off a few blocks... later try outside...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Site is now using a custom Google map. There is only a single defined marker now, instead of two separate ones. Trails will be coming soon.

Not working for me. Set up both my wife's and my Pre, but on the "There is you pre" map, it's just blank. I tried another browser, thinking that might be the problem. On Safari, it's just a green dot on a blank white screen.

Probably something I'm doing, as I'm sick at home, but set up seems pretty simple and straight forward.
    Site is now using a custom Google map. There is only a single defined marker now, instead of two separate ones. Trails will be coming soon.
    Having some issues with the new map. Firefox 3.5 took a few tires to load it, and now that it is loaded, moving the map in any way makes makes the marker vanish. FYI: the map still works in the browser on the pre.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    Not working for me. Set up both my wife's and my Pre, but on the "There is you pre" map, it's just blank. I tried another browser, thinking that might be the problem. On Safari, it's just a green dot on a blank white screen.

Probably something I'm doing, as I'm sick at home, but set up seems pretty simple and straight forward.
    Having some issues with the new map. Firefox 3.5 took a few tires to load it, and now that it is loaded, moving the map in any way makes makes the marker vanish. FYI: the map still works in the browser on the pre.
    What happens when you load the page, then refresh it? Does the map function then?

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    the app is also locking on to a cell signal for me as well. the app puts me in the same spot a few blocks away from my actual location everytime it uploads while i'm at my desk.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I've put the old map back for the time being. Seems the V3 of Google's Maps API is too new and buggy, so I'll work on refining it to do what we need it to do. I really don't want to use V2 as I'm just generally against using old versions of software, but if that's what it comes down to, then that's what it comes down to.

Before I installed the latest update, i was spot on with my location. My phone is still in the same place but now it has me a few miles away. I think that location is the cell tower. My GPS is turned on, I haven't changed anything.

Right now would be a great time to have a force upload from the phone. Instead of making a change or going outside and waiting 20 min. Maybe you could put it on there just for the beta testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean697 View Post
    Before I installed the latest update, i was spot on with my location. My phone is still in the same place but now it has me a few miles away. I think that location is the cell tower. My GPS is turned on, I haven't changed anything.

Right now would be a great time to have a force upload from the phone. Instead of making a change or going outside and waiting 20 min. Maybe you could put it on there just for the beta testing.
    This has been discussed previously. In future updates, a force update option will be added to the website. I believe that the conclusion was that a force update option from the phone itself wont do much good, but an option from the website will be useful. Should be coming soon.
    This has been discussed previously. In future updates, a force update option will be added to the website. I believe that the conclusion was that a force update option from the phone itself wont do much good, but an option from the website will be useful. Should be coming soon.
    Yeah I understand the use in the final version. I'm just talking about right now during the beta test. It would be nice to walk outside or drive down the block and force an upload then come back in the house and check the accuracy. It doesn't need to stay in the final version.
    Yeah I understand the use in the final version. I'm just talking about right now during the beta test. It would be nice to walk outside or drive down the block and force an upload then come back in the house and check the accuracy. It doesn't need to stay in the final version.
    I might be wrong on this, but I think if you open and close the app, it will force an update in 2 minutes. The developer needs to confirm this though, as that might only be after the initial instal.
    I might be wrong on this, but I think if you open and close the app, it will force an update in 2 minutes. The developer needs to confirm this though, as that might only be after the initial instal.
    You are correct. I just tried that and it uploaded. But my location is the cell tower. Ever since the update my location is like 5 miles off. Before it was dead on within a few feet. I even went outside and it was miles off still. Something changed in this update for the worse. Anybody else having this problem since the update?
    You are correct. I just tried that and it uploaded. But my location is the cell tower. Ever since the update my location is like 5 miles off. Before it was dead on within a few feet. I even went outside and it was miles off still. Something changed in this update for the worse. Anybody else having this problem since the update?
    Yup. Been 2 hours since my last update, which seems to be a cell ID about 3/4 mile away.

EDIT: Ok, the phone must have heard me. Updated 6 minutes ago to the exact location. Still, that took too long. Something is up.
    Last edited by Yankees368; 09/25/2009 at 06:28 PM.
    Works great now!

Thanks for making that change
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast