Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Both the username and password are case sensitive. Make sure the username didn't get capitalized, as the TextFields on the Pre have a tendency to do that.
    I would say it would. The Pre automatically seems to capitalize the first letter. Honestly, although this seems to be a very easy thing to deal with, the average joe user (when this goes live for all to use on the palm store) might and probably will have a problem.

People are Dumb LOL
    Both the username and password are case sensitive. Make sure the username didn't get capitalized, as the TextFields on the Pre have a tendency to do that.
    HA! you beat me to the post by only a few seconds LOL
    Great app by the way! I'll help out in any way I can.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steelshadow View Post
    I would say it would. The Pre automatically seems to capitalize the first letter. Honestly, although this seems to be a very easy thing to deal with, the average joe user (when this goes live for all to use on the palm store) might and probably will have a problem.

People are Dumb LOL
    I have made the username field case insensitive.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    HA! you beat me to the post by only a few seconds LOL
    Great app by the way! I'll help out in any way I can.
    Thanks! I have tested for bugs as much as I can by myself, but a larger audience is the only way sometimes... If anyone finds any bugs, feel free to post them in the forum here. Thanks again to everyone who signed up!
    Ok first test. My pre is now uploaded, but it shows about 3 or 4 miles from where I actually am.
    Absolutely! But you'd want to be able to force an update from the site, not from the phone, right?

It's a future feature, rest assured
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    he mentioned that if you haven't moved, the phone doesn't upload in order to save battery power. i do think a force upload option should be moved. also, i know that this isn't the exact purpose of this app, but if there's anyway you could add a map tracking positions you've uploaded from that would be nice.
    I agree, a tracking ability would be great. That way if somebody did have your phone, you would know which direction they were going. I'm still waiting for my first upload. I had the app open for a while until I read the message about it running only in the background. I think this is going to be a great app. Do you know where I am in the beta tester list?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Ok first test. My pre is now uploaded, but it shows about 3 or 4 miles from where I actually am.
    That's awfully far off. Do you have GPS turned on?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean697 View Post
    I agree, a tracking ability would be great. That way if somebody did have your phone, you would know which direction they were going. I'm still waiting for my first upload. I had the app open for a while until I read the message about it running only in the background. I think this is going to be a great app. Do you know where I am in the beta tester list?
    Send me a PM with the email address and username you used to sign up and I can let you know.
    My first upload is within a few feet and I'm inside my house. This is awesome...
    Last edited by mrclean697; 09/22/2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: duplicate upload
    That's awfully far off. Do you have GPS turned on?
    I had GPS turned off, but allowed it for use of the program. Seeing that this uses Google Maps I then just checked Google maps on my phone and then allowed it use of GPS as well. At first it also came up with the same far off address, but after about 2 minutes got down to the correct street.

It might have to do with the time intervals that the app is updating in, but that's just a guess.
    I think a force upload of updated locations would be a great idea to possibly fix or at least help locations issues
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I had GPS turned off, but allowed it for use of the program. Seeing that this uses Google Maps I then just checked Google maps on my phone and then allowed it use of GPS as well. At first it also came up with the same far off address, but after about 2 minutes got down to the correct street.

It might have to do with the time intervals that the app is updating in, but that's just a guess.
    If you're inside a house, then your phone may think it's down the street. Just part of the whole GPS baggage. Everyone will have different results when inside. If you're outside it should be accurate within a few meters.
    as of the 2nd upload, it nailed the location. within probably 20-50 feet
    I'm going go out and drive around town to check the program out some more, Hope this will help out. I'll post back in a few hours the results.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I'm going go out and drive around town to check the program out some more, Hope this will help out. I'll post back in a few hours the results.
    Thanks! Don't forget, there's a 20 minute delay between updates.
    I tried to register at the website however it says 20 slots have been filled after I try to submit my info.

At the top of the page it says 30 slots are available.

Is this just a typo?

Thank You
    Ok, I did some testing, and I am very happy so far. Updates are coming regularly at about 20 minutes, and accuracy is as good as your GPS signal will allow. While inside buildings like stores, the location is close, but not quite on target, but still better than nothing. While outside, I have had great success in locating the phone.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I joined over 2 hours ago and was worried that it was not working. It said my credentials were correct and I was logged in on the site. However, 5 min. ago I had my first upload. It says it I am about 500 to 1000 ft away from where I really am but I am in an R&D building which may interfere with the GPS.

I will keep the forum updated with any bugs I may find.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Will this app affect the performance of my pre? Will it limit the amount of cards I can have open? I hate when I go to facebook and it uses all of my RAM and I cannot open another card. I then have to close facebook and open the new app. Any ideas?

Also will this eventually be password protected to avoid a smart thief from opening the app and disabling it?
    Latest update, with the phone sitting on my windowsill, is a mere 96.14 feet off, according to Google Earth.

Still have my question from earlier. When I reboot, do I need to start and swipe off the app, or does it load on its own?
    Last edited by Yankees368; 09/22/2009 at 02:13 PM.
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast