Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
    Bell updated to 1.4.1 a while ago but it didn't fix the issue. I'm assuming the 1.4.1.1 that only Sprint got included the background process fix since only Sprint users are saying that it's now working for them.
    fwiw, I'm on Sprint and I'm still having problems. I started using this after my previous Pre was stolen, but I love the ability to map my movements as well. If it's not reliable, though, it's not doing the trick for me. I can sympathize with getting screwed over by Palm, but not working is not working.

Operational question... Is the app supposed to start automatically with the device? I've been starting it manually. It still fails, but at least the first "Upload Now" succeeds.
    Last edited by froggersloth; 04/19/2010 at 12:19 PM.
    WIMP works fine for me on Sprint with WebOS 1.4.1.1. If you want the app to load on reboot, get the app Preset Reset which will reboot your phone at a specific time each day and will also launch any number of apps you specify on restarting. If you're not on Sprint and WebOS 1.4.1.1, other users have found that using an app called Trapster which identifies speed traps and uses GPS location service, will keep WIMP running and will continue to update your position as long as both WIMP and Trapster are running.
    Bill
    WIMP?? Just sound funny!lol.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I would highly encourage all of you to check out this app: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ease-beta.html. It addresses SEVERAL of your issues/concerns/feature requests that you have with WIMP.

Please view the website for that app and give me feedback so I can release this app ASAP

When will this be available for AT&T users?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    What's the status of this service? I have a Bell Pre and I'm only getting manual updates sent to the server. Is there anything I can do? Are we getting account extensions until its fixed?
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    I'm afraid development on this app has been abandoned. Support is non-existent. It worked great up until the 1.4 update but its flaky now at best. My wifes phone said it hadn't been updated in over a month. That doesn't do her any good. I've since discontinued both my accounts. Sure was a great idea though; too bad it's now abandon-ware.
    Quote Originally Posted by hookmee View Post
    w w w . c o n v e r t e r 1 2 3 . c o m is a professional shoftware provider,We commit to providing you more satisfactory products and better service.
    what kind of a thread hi-jack is this -- go away
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    hi, Dudes

since we need to REGISTER in the web, www.whereismypre.com, however, the webpage seems like that it is changed to be a Domain web, pls tell me where I should go to register 'whereismypre'

Thx a lot in adv.
    where on the web can i access this ap --i paid for a year and only used 4 months -- now if the web page is no longer valid i would like a refund -- i know it is only 16 dollars but --so what --
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm in the same boat (and thousands of others according to the last update on the website). I suppose we could take the case up with paypal? I would certainly go ahead and cancel your subscription through paypal like I did. I can't believe the website has expired now.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    I'm in the same boat (and thousands of others according to the last update on the website). I suppose we could take the case up with paypal? I would certainly go ahead and cancel your subscription through paypal like I did. I can't believe the website has expired now.
    Website is not expired. Was a technical error. Please try again in 2-3 hours.

Website has been down, but this morning its up and running - uploads and all. Glad I didn't cancel like I almost did. Thanks for getting things back online
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I downloaded this app for free then when I went to register I was asked to pay for a paid GPS service
    Kaneadsha
    is there any reason why it would stop uploading? I just signed up and installed the app yesterday and it was working fine. check it today and the last upload was 18 hours ago. I did not change any settings and did not update my phone or anything.
    Last edited by nappyjimm; 07/22/2010 at 11:52 AM.
    This app just charged me a yearly fee of $24 dollars and is no longer supported or developed. Please refund my account the $24 immediately. Any other users and buyers of this service beware.
    Add IMDb to Universal Search Patch
    If you enjoy my work or help I have given, feel free to donate. Thanks.

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Are there any similar apps / websites available for webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    This app just charged me a yearly fee of $24 dollars and is no longer supported or developed. Please refund my account the $24 immediately. Any other users and buyers of this service beware.
    Hmmm ... I wonder why I have had no response in the forums or in private message. Probably because my money is long gone.
    Add IMDb to Universal Search Patch
    If you enjoy my work or help I have given, feel free to donate. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Hmmm ... I wonder why I have had no response in the forums or in private message. Probably because my money is long gone.
    it is if you are still waiting for a refund -- you should have contested the charge as soon as it was posted
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+