Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334 LastLast
    I just updated brightness unlinked and now to run it there has to be a dashboard running. I don't like this and if this would be the solution or work around that you would have to come up with then i personally will wait. I would just like to be kept informed. And if there was any way -any where that i and people like me could place pressure on palm to return some of this funtionallity i would like to know where it is -- i think this is bull personally -- i can;t believe that they took it upon themselves to break alot of the funtionality that makes the phone great

thansk
    Rob
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    You aint kidding. I know its just 3 bucks a month (I have 2 phones on the service) but from the looks of it there are 23k phones using this service now? Thats a lot of cash per month to not be giving any updates even if its just a "guys, chill.. I don't know anything yet"
    True, there are a lot of phones that have tried out the service. Only a percentage actually remain paid subscribers

1.4.1 is in testing now and should resolve the issues that 1.4 brought. Of course, there's no real timeline for its release yet, but my educated guess would be sometime next week. Or the week after at the latest...

Hope that meets your criteria for a "Guys, chill. I don't know anything yet"

Quote Originally Posted by vinistois View Post
    any chance of getting an audio recorder integrated in this app?

Basically I would like to remotely press 'record' and have the mic go live and record audio around the phone until I tell it to stop.
    Of course this is a possibility, but it really comes down to what Palm allows us devs to do. I still can't even do the Remote Picture yet because of how Palm has it all tied together. Or the Messaging service to allow the beep phone to work like it should

Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I just updated brightness unlinked and now to run it there has to be a dashboard running. I don't like this and if this would be the solution or work around that you would have to come up with then i personally will wait. I would just like to be kept informed. And if there was any way -any where that i and people like me could place pressure on palm to return some of this funtionallity i would like to know where it is -- i think this is bull personally -- i can;t believe that they took it upon themselves to break alot of the funtionality that makes the phone great

thansk
    Rob
    Yeah, that was actually Palm's suggestion for all of us. To create a dashboard scene instead of having true background processing. I thought that was completely absurd.

As far as pressuring Palm goes, I think they're pretty aware they messed up big time. Even in the release notes for 1.4.1 they acknowledge fixing the background processing bug that 1.4 created. Hopefully they can just finish testing 1.4.1 and get it out ASAP.

Hope that meets your criteria for a "Guys, chill. I don't know anything yet"
    Yes, it does thanks!
    Thank you sir -- great ap -- can't wait for it to come back -- i leave my stuff all over the place -- kind of absent minded -- my wife tells me to "just call your phone " but it would be nice to at least be close to it before i start looking

thanks
    Rob
    Hello
    I have verizon and have to wait for the 1.4.1.1 update -- can any one who has this update tell me if it has fixed the problems with this ap?

thanks in advance

Rob
    Hello
    I have verizon and have to wait for the 1.4.1.1 update -- can any one who has this update tell me if it has fixed the problems with this ap?

thanks in advance

Rob
    I have Sprint 1.4.1.1 and it seems to be working now on both mine and my wifes phone. As long as it can get a fix within 60 seconds I assumed it would work fine with the new update and it seems to be working fine so far.
    I can confirm that this is now working properly on my Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1. I would think the developer would post this info on his website.
    Bill
    I can confirm that the Bell 1.4.1 update did not repair my service. I even doctored my phone back to stock, clearing my Palm backup and reinstalling my apps and patches from scratch. Obviously, I have something on my phone that the WIMP service doesn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles From Nowhere View Post
    I can confirm that the Bell 1.4.1 update did not repair my service. I even doctored my phone back to stock, clearing my Palm backup and reinstalling my apps and patches from scratch. Obviously, I have something on my phone that the WIMP service doesn't like.
    That or the update for bell did not include the extension for headless aps to 60 seconds -- still waiting for update on verizon
    I can't see why Bell would be concerned enough about that update to remove it from the package. It would be nice if someone can pinpoint where this value is in the OS so it can be patched either way. The release notes for 1.4.1 from Palm did not show the background process extension at all unless I missed it or it wasn't a big enough change to bother listing.
    I can't see why Bell would be concerned enough about that update to remove it from the package. It would be nice if someone can pinpoint where this value is in the OS so it can be patched either way. The release notes for 1.4.1 from Palm did not show the background process extension at all unless I missed it or it wasn't a big enough change to bother listing.
    or since it was addressing something that they neglected to put in the notes for 1.4 they did not adress it in the notes for 1.4.1?
    I guess the bottom line for me is that I'm sitting here with an application that was paid for for a year and is absolutely useless to me at this point.
    I guess the bottom line for me is that I'm sitting here with an application that was paid for for a year and is absolutely useless to me at this point.
    +1
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

yep... it is sad... I think this had some good possibilities, and I thought it was going to do what I wanted it to do eventually... I ride a motorcycle and wanted to be able to track speed, and my route on my rides.... but it didn't pan out... luckily, it was not horribly expensive, but a lesson was learned and I will not donate to an app like this again unless it is doing exactly what I wanted it to do from the get-go... left a bad taste in my mouth cuz this guy disappears for months and there is no advancement in the app.
    i just noticed something -- i have verizon so still no 1.4.1 -- i just went to the web site because i had manually uploaded some thing on friday and i wanted to see if it came through -- still trying to get the buggy gps figured out -- here is what i saw when i went on the site -- there were a lot of valid marks on the history map -- i was confounded -- had an update taken place? no everything the same -- hmmm --- here is what i figured out -- i have recently downloaded and started using trapster -- so i was driving around using trapster and when a normal scheduled upload occured for where is my pre it went a head and uploaded because there was already a firm GPS lock by the phone -- doesn't mean much but

i am just saying ..........................
    not that ryan would ever see this i think he stopped watching this thread

thanks
    Rob
    Thanks, Rob! I can confirm that this does work for me as well. I'm assuming that any application that keeps the GPS running in the forefront will probably work also. Since half the work in getting a GPS fix is already done when another GPS app is loaded, WIMP can easily tap into the GPS to get it's location. Unfortunately, you need to keep the screen alive. While this is not a huge issue for me as I'm plugged into power all the time, the screen being always on can create a distraction during night driving. I don't need the Trapster app, per se, because my truck is governed to 95 km/hr travelling on 100 km/hr highways.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    i just noticed something -- i have verizon so still no 1.4.1 -- i just went to the web site because i had manually uploaded some thing on friday and i wanted to see if it came through -- still trying to get the buggy gps figured out -- here is what i saw when i went on the site -- there were a lot of valid marks on the history map -- i was confounded -- had an update taken place? no everything the same -- hmmm --- here is what i figured out -- i have recently downloaded and started using trapster -- so i was driving around using trapster and when a normal scheduled upload occured for where is my pre it went a head and uploaded because there was already a firm GPS lock by the phone -- doesn't mean much but

i am just saying ..........................
    not that ryan would ever see this i think he stopped watching this thread

thanks
    Rob
    Still checking the thread periodically. Job demands have increased and I'm travelling almost daily.

1.4.1.1 Sprint should have pretty much fixed the issue. And what you others say about another app keeping GPS alive is correct. If a fix takes more than 60 seconds, WIMP gets killed by Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post

1.4.1.1 Sprint should have pretty much fixed the issue.
    ...but Bell 1.4.1 did not.
    I think I'm gonna cook up a Sprint doctor. I guess Bell will never see a 1.4.1.1 update.
    has bell not been updated to 1.4.1 or is it just not working? verizon no has update yet --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch