Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 668
  1. #581  
    What about us who got a unlocked Pre in another country, when will we be able to use this app ?
  2. #582  
    I had tried the app when it was in Beta, but when I was asked for Cell #, I stopped using it...

    The main reason was that neither the website or phone had a publish Privacy Policy dictating what is done with our information, both Registration (Email, Name, Phone #, etc) as well as Location information uploaded to the servers.

    For all we know, this information may be available for sale to anyone and no efforts/controls are in place to secure/protect this information from people other than the registered user.

    Just my 2cents worth.... It's a cool app but without assurances, I won't use it....
  3. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    I had tried the app when it was in Beta, but when I was asked for Cell #, I stopped using it...

    The main reason was that neither the website or phone had a publish Privacy Policy dictating what is done with our information, both Registration (Email, Name, Phone #, etc) as well as Location information uploaded to the servers.

    For all we know, this information may be available for sale to anyone and no efforts/controls are in place to secure/protect this information from people other than the registered user.

    Just my 2cents worth.... It's a cool app but without assurances, I won't use it....
    Actually, there is a privacy policy on the registration page stating the following:

    * Contact information is used for sole purpose of account verification and contact by Where Is My Pre. Contact information will never be sold or offered to any third party, company, or individual.

    * Location information is provided to only the account holder and the account holder's sub-accounts. No other third party, individual, or account is provided this information.

  4. #584  
    Okay so last night my phone was stolen at a local resteraunt.

    I am a premier member of WIMP and want to see how good this app really is I was able to look at the map and it triangulated a point or location, but if there is anything that can be done to make the phones location more accurate that would be great, please lmk?

    issue is that last night the phone might have been shut off, by the thief so trying to get a pin point address is what I am trying to do, i went to the sattelite location and it led me to 10125 Apple Valley, CA 92308, but it was late andi could do nothing, I just wanted a solid address

    please pm me if you can help in any way, by helping me get this phone back, it would only prove how great this app is

    ps: I am wondering if the Sprint corporate security is best to call to try to get my phone back?

    pm me
  5. #585  
    Is this app still supported? When was the last time this app was updated? On the homepage they said an update was coming soon and that was 2 months ago?
  6. #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomette View Post
    Okay so last night my phone was stolen at a local resteraunt.

    I am a premier member of WIMP and want to see how good this app really is I was able to look at the map and it triangulated a point or location, but if there is anything that can be done to make the phones location more accurate that would be great, please lmk?

    issue is that last night the phone might have been shut off, by the thief so trying to get a pin point address is what I am trying to do, i went to the sattelite location and it led me to 10125 Apple Valley, CA 92308, but it was late andi could do nothing, I just wanted a solid address

    please pm me if you can help in any way, by helping me get this phone back, it would only prove how great this app is

    ps: I am wondering if the Sprint corporate security is best to call to try to get my phone back?

    pm me
    Any resolution? I was considering this app. Just wanted to see how well the developer's support is.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  7. #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Any resolution? I was considering this app. Just wanted to see how well the developer's support is.
    Neil, in fairness, if you check this thread, the developer is very close to us as users and it very open to feedback, advice and suggestions!
  8. #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    Neil, in fairness, if you check this thread, the developer is very close to us as users and it very open to feedback, advice and suggestions!
    YES he was replying to this board to get feedback for this new product. But If you need support and email them from the support link on the site. They WONT reply, It's been 3 weeks since I send an email with NO reply.

    Good product, I have 6 days left on my trial... But I wont buy it, The ONLY problem is...

    -It SETS your location to CELL Phone TOWERS Daily.
    -The History to track phone is ALL OVER the place, NOT accurate date and time.


    If this TWO critical tools were FIX, I would BUT IT and Will highly recommended it. Not untill further updates, I will hold my $2 per month
  9. #589  
    i cant get verification pin to send to my phone its flashed to cricket.
    can anyone help?
  10. Zoso's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #590  
    I think this app was a great idea and many of us (me included) paid for this app thinking that the author was going to continue making adjustments, enhancements, etc. Yet, I have not seen any enhancements since last year. At this point, if you are looking to purchase this app, I would recommend against it unless the app, in its current form, works for you.
  11. davemcgrail's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #591  
    Signed up for the free trial and went to download this file but it gets hung up on installing. There are a few reviews in the app catalog saying this is common. Will this be resolved soon or am I doing something wrong?
  12. #592  
    *to follow*
  13. #593  
    I bought a subscription and for the first month this worked like a charm. since i upgraded to 1.4 a week ago it has not worked at all. -- i think i know what is happening -- 1.4 seems to have installed some sort of sleep sequence for GPS that this ap cannot break the phone out of -- if i force it to send it will send to the website but this does me no good if i lose my phone. anyway -- a fix would be much appreciated

    thanks \
    Rob
  14. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #594  
    Hey all...

    Massive apologies for the lack of updates! I've been incredibly busy with so many other projects. Hopefully I can focus on this again!

    Yes, 1.4 breaks this app. But here is a new version!

  15. #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Hey all...

    Massive apologies for the lack of updates! I've been incredibly busy with so many other projects. Hopefully I can focus on this again!

    Yes, 1.4 breaks this app. But here is a new version!
    thanks -- where is the new version? and what other things are you working on? anything fun?
  16. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    thanks -- where is the new version? and what other things are you working on? anything fun?
    New app is available in the first post of this thread, or Preware. Should be in the app catalog very soon as well.

  17. #597  
    I have installed the new ap -- even went as far as deleting the old to get a fresh install -- i have it set to high accuracy and every 20 min --it will transmit if i hit the button but does not on its own in location services everything is on -- i even have the google services turned on as i am inside all day and i wanted to see if this helps it to transmit during the day -- it worked great pre- 1.4 -- now it will only transmit the position of the phone if i open it and hit upload.. - any suggestions?

    thanks
    Rob

    sorry to be a pain but i am always leaving my phone places and love the idea of this ap
    Last edited by mespiff; 03/10/2010 at 08:53 AM.
  18. #598  
    WebOS 1.4 WIMP v0.9.1 updates not taking place unless I do a manual update.
    Bill
  19. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #599  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I have installed the new ap -- even went as far as deleting the old to get a fresh install -- i have it set to high accuracy and every 20 min --it will transmit if i hit the button but does not on its own in location services everything is on -- i even have the google services turned on as i am inside all day and i wanted to see if this helps it to transmit during the day -- it worked great pre- 1.4 -- now it will only transmit the position of the phone if i open it and hit upload.. - any suggestions?

    thanks
    Rob

    sorry to be a pain but i am always leaving my phone places and love the idea of this ap
    Try setting medium accuracy. Upload a screenshot of the first screen (blur out your username if you wish), and your preferences screen. Let's see what this looks like.

  20. #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Try setting medium accuracy. Upload a screenshot of the first screen (blur out your username if you wish), and your preferences screen. Let's see what this looks like.

    on a pre plus how do i do a screen shot? -- also i don't think it is the accuracy -- it doesn't auto upload -- not having problem sending info when i manually do it just will not do it by itself -- i have closed the card and left it open neither effect it

    thanks
    rob

Posting Permissions