Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    looks like a really good app. wish i could have gotten in on the beta. oh well. i will definitely follow this app closely.
    When the app enters beta phase:two, 40 more testers will be admitted. I'll post an update when I have a date in mind, so stay tuned!
    +1 on force update. The likelyhood of finding your phone if stolen is very slim, however if you can track it more than 20 min apart, you have a much better chance.

however, being that the program is somewhat intended for that purpose, I think it would be a good feature to add.

the fact that the GPS will probably never be dead on, it will be tough to track it down to a certain point, but say you suspect "someone" who stole it. You may not know exactly where that person is or if they stole it, but if you know that person went from point A to Point B, and the GPS some what shows that also, that would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Absolutely! But you'd want to be able to force an update from the site, not from the phone, right?

It's a future feature, rest assured
    Oh yeah, 100% from the site, not the phone. Forcing an update from the phone itself would be almost useless (unless a thief wants me to find him).

I am very pleased with this product so far, as it is exactly what I was looking for. I am really looking forward to future updates.

One request I have is maybe a mobile viewable site. This way, if my phone goes MIA, I can track it from a friends phone, and don't need to find a computer. Is that possible?
    yes, definitely force update from the website rather than the phone.

I could even see changing the 20 min interval to 40-60 min (or even adjustable on the site per user, depending on the effect of battery drain if it would be necessary or not) if the ability to force update is there, because then there wouldn't be such a concern.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    THANKS FOR DOING THIS APP!!!

I used to be a blackberry person and used InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking for motorcycle rides, etc.. also my significant other and I use it to "stalk" each other... yeah, sounds bad but it comes in handy. I did not make it in the trial, but would like to know if you plan on adding "tracks" to the app, so that you can see where you have been, speed, altitude, etc. I ride motorcycles with a large group and we like to save our rides for later, exporting in a picture, google earth etc. Take a look at instamapper if you have time and see if it is similar... and FYI, I would be willing to donate something to help you with the time you are spending to make this work....
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Oh yeah, 100% from the site, not the phone. Forcing an update from the phone itself would be almost useless (unless a thief wants me to find him).

I am very pleased with this product so far, as it is exactly what I was looking for. I am really looking forward to future updates.

One request I have is maybe a mobile viewable site. This way, if my phone goes MIA, I can track it from a friends phone, and don't need to find a computer. Is that possible?
    It's already possible from a decent smart phone, just browse to the site with your friend's Pre. However, a mobile version of the site could emerge later down the road.

Right now there is more of a focus on bugs and mission critical features, such as configurable upload intervals, sending messages to the phone, a more tuned map for the site, and other account options.
    It's already possible from a decent smart phone, just browse to the site with your friend's Pre. However, a mobile version of the site could emerge later down the road.

Right now there is more of a focus on bugs and mission critical features, such as configurable upload intervals, sending messages to the phone, a more tuned map for the site, and other account options.
    Got ya. I actually just tried on my pre, and after a few tries, I was able to view the site just fine, map and all. I will try on my friends iphone later.

Keep up the fantastic work!

One question: on a reboot, does the app load on its own, or do I have to load it up and swipe it away?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just saw the app would love to Beta can't log on should take log on without giving out beta so we can PRE register for beta 2.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    THANKS FOR DOING THIS APP!!!

I used to be a blackberry person and used InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking for motorcycle rides, etc.. also my significant other and I use it to "stalk" each other... yeah, sounds bad but it comes in handy. I did not make it in the trial, but would like to know if you plan on adding "tracks" to the app, so that you can see where you have been, speed, altitude, etc. I ride motorcycles with a large group and we like to save our rides for later, exporting in a picture, google earth etc. Take a look at instamapper if you have time and see if it is similar... and FYI, I would be willing to donate something to help you with the time you are spending to make this work....
    I ride as well, and already created an app for my other phone (WinMo 6.1) to log my routes. The good news for you and other fellow bikers is that location history support is one of the planned future features. Stay tuned!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I thought about adding that, but then I couldn't think of a situation where it'd be useful. If everyone agrees that they want it I can add it in. But like I said, I'm not sure what the benefits would be...
    honestly, you're right. i can't think of any particular benefits this would have, but i'm not sure it would really hurt anything to add a force update option from either the phone or web. i'd think it'd be much more helpful from the web, but as you've said it's coming.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Darn I missed it... Will wait for the next date.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    is there anyway to add a pop-up notification that a new location's been uploaded to the site?
    Going out for a drive now, will test out how well it works from the pre's browser.
    That's going to be a long test drive with updates occurring only every 20 minutes
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i just registered on the site but the app keeps giving me "invalid credentials"
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    Both the username and password are case sensitive. Make sure the username didn't get capitalized, as the TextFields on the Pre have a tendency to do that.
    Last edited by xluryan; 09/22/2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    Looks like user name is case sensitive. Try it again with the case that you used for sign up. I did that and then it worked for me.
    Both the username and password are case sensitive. Make sure the username didn't get capitalized, as the TextFields on the Pre have a tendency to do that.

Everyone: Would it be easier if the username was not case sensitive?
    Its fine the way it is imo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steelshadow View Post
    Looks like user name is case sensitive. Try it again with the case that you used for sign up. I did that and then it worked for me.
    Username was case sensitive. Due to a high percentage of people having issues I have changed the username to not be case sensitive.
    Dude!!!

(heh, sorry, couldn't help it)
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast