Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 668
  1. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yeah. Outside google maps and sprint navigation both fine me without a hitch. I really have never had a problem with either of them pinpointing me outside. Inside, google maps ends up finding my location as well. It took about a minute for it to update my location to where I actually am located but it found it. Maybe WIMP is timing out before it can acquire a fix or something?
    Yes I believe that's exactly what's happening in your case. Perhaps in the next version I can include an option to control how long before WIMP gives up.

  2. #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Yes I believe that's exactly what's happening in your case. Perhaps in the next version I can include an option to control how long before WIMP gives up.
    Sweet. At least we probably found the culprit. Just curious, is there a time you have hard coded into the app that dictates when it times out? Like 30 seconds or something? This could be useful if you do add an option so I know about how long to set it. Also, this might not be a bad feature to be able to control on the website as well. Just my 2 cents.
  3. #563  
    I tried to get retistered, I put in the 5-character PIN code and it saying that it is the wrong code. Can anyone help.

    Many thanks in advance.
  4. #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Don't you expect Google Maps to be able to pinpoint you when you stand outside? I'm sorry you're having issues, but how else can I put this?

    If Google Maps can't even find you, how should any other application?
    Well, since your asking for money, I expect your program to do what it's advertised to do. Be able to find my phone either inside or out with a high degree of accuracy. Technical problems are your issue. I expect the Pre just isn't capable of the resolution required for a program like WIMP and you're really beating a dead horse.

    I think if you could figure out why it's reporting cell towers, at least outside locations would be more reliable.
  5. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Sweet. At least we probably found the culprit. Just curious, is there a time you have hard coded into the app that dictates when it times out? Like 30 seconds or something? This could be useful if you do add an option so I know about how long to set it. Also, this might not be a bad feature to be able to control on the website as well. Just my 2 cents.
    Kind of. The hard coded value it how many fixes to wait for before giving up. Yes, this probably will be a site feature soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by ltwilliams View Post
    I tried to get retistered, I put in the 5-character PIN code and it saying that it is the wrong code. Can anyone help.

    Many thanks in advance.
    Use the same case; should be all lower case. 0's may look like o's, and 1's my look like lower-case L's, or vice versa.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjstone57 View Post
    Well, since your asking for money, I expect your program to do what it's advertised to do. Be able to find my phone either inside or out with a high degree of accuracy. Technical problems are your issue. I expect the Pre just isn't capable of the resolution required for a program like WIMP and you're really beating a dead horse.

    I think if you could figure out why it's reporting cell towers, at least outside locations would be more reliable.
    The thing is, the program does do exactly what it supposed to, which is, query the GPS device for a fix, then report it to the website. If we're dealing with a broken or inaccurate GPS device, the application cannot just make the hardware work again.

    While I somewhat agree that technical problems are my issue, problems with the phone itself are the owner's issue. If you have a damaged piece of hardware, the applications just aren't going to function the way we design them to. I also don't understand how you're OK with Google Maps not being able to find you, but then wonder why WIMP can't find you... ?

    In addition, I do in fact know why it's reporting cell tower locations. It's because your GPS device won't report an accurate lat/lon, so it defaults to the nearest cell location. And as I've mentioned several times already, no software application is going to be able to fix hardware defect. There may be workarounds, which is what was attempted in the last release of the app. And I have to comment that that has helped in your case to some degree, but nowhere near an acceptable level.

    Please, I think you would much more thoroughly enjoy the app if you had your phone checked out. If you cannot get Google Maps to pinpoint your location while standing outside, then you cannot expect any other application to be able to do so.

  6. #566  
    My location has not been updated in the last three days. When I do a manual upload, all of the GPS data is correct, but I get an error message that the data upload failed with an error code of 6. What's the explanation?
    Google Maps shows my location correctly.
    TIA
    Bill
  7. #567  
    just checked my account, I had a trial account which had expired, upgraded to a yearly premium account, which should solve the problem
    Bill
  8. #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Kind of. The hard coded value it how many fixes to wait for before giving up. Yes, this probably will be a site feature soon.



    Use the same case; should be all lower case. 0's may look like o's, and 1's my look like lower-case L's, or vice versa.



    The thing is, the program does do exactly what it supposed to, which is, query the GPS device for a fix, then report it to the website. If we're dealing with a broken or inaccurate GPS device, the application cannot just make the hardware work again.

    While I somewhat agree that technical problems are my issue, problems with the phone itself are the owner's issue. If you have a damaged piece of hardware, the applications just aren't going to function the way we design them to. I also don't understand how you're OK with Google Maps not being able to find you, but then wonder why WIMP can't find you... ?

    In addition, I do in fact know why it's reporting cell tower locations. It's because your GPS device won't report an accurate lat/lon, so it defaults to the nearest cell location. And as I've mentioned several times already, no software application is going to be able to fix hardware defect. There may be workarounds, which is what was attempted in the last release of the app. And I have to comment that that has helped in your case to some degree, but nowhere near an acceptable level.

    Please, I think you would much more thoroughly enjoy the app if you had your phone checked out. If you cannot get Google Maps to pinpoint your location while standing outside, then you cannot expect any other application to be able to do so.
    You seem to be stuck on that my phone is broken. Once again, it's not only my phone. I have 2 and both report the exact same results.

    You also incorrectly assume I use Google Maps. Which I don't. First time I used it was at your request. Turns out I didn't wait long enough for it to report my location. It initially shows me at a cell tower and then within 30 seconds or so, locates me fine.

    I think I would thoroughly enjoy the app if it worked as intended. Just because it gets a fix from the GPS device and uploads it doesn't mean it's ok. I still think you have work to do, not only with the cell tower issue but also with the map showing random points with with no time info and points that have the wrong time info...
    Last edited by kjstone57; 11/14/2009 at 07:14 AM.
  9. #569  
    Here's 2 more pieces of info for you.

    I went out this afternoon and when I returned home checked my location. The website showed me incorrectly at the neighboring cell tower. I forced an upload to the website and was still shown at the cell tower. I started Google Maps and was shown correctly at home. Immediately I uploaded again and now the website is showing me correctly at home.

    The other night my wife went to a friends home about 40 minutes away. After a few hours, I checked her location which was shown to be on the highway between the two homes. I check again an hour later and the same thing. Still on the highway. I text messaged her and asked where she was. Her reply was she was at her friends place and when I checked her location was shown there. Hours went by with no update but as soon a I text messaged her, it did.

    I also mentioned before that I set her Pre to upload always and have seen her account go for hours without an upload...

    Ya i know.... it's the phone... lol
  10. #570  
    Would be nice to be able to choose a date to display points on the map without deleating them all and starting with a blank map so you could look at a specific date or combination of dates to view.

    Quick question about the time adjust, not sure how to do it with the numbers on the account screen??
  11. #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by otsdev View Post
    Would be nice to be able to choose a date to display points on the map without deleating them all and starting with a blank map so you could look at a specific date or combination of dates to view.

    Quick question about the time adjust, not sure how to do it with the numbers on the account screen??
    I believe the timezone setting is broken. Doesn't matter which value I choose, the time displayed on a point is incorrect. I reported this earlier but haven't seen a solution as yet...
  12. #572  
    I have the premium account but Beep Phone for me is not working? I was just trying to test its not beeping. I started the app and validated login and also upload now but still no beep? Am i missing something does it take a while for it to kick in?
  13. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjstone57 View Post
    Here's 2 more pieces of info for you.

    I went out this afternoon and when I returned home checked my location. The website showed me incorrectly at the neighboring cell tower. I forced an upload to the website and was still shown at the cell tower. I started Google Maps and was shown correctly at home. Immediately I uploaded again and now the website is showing me correctly at home.

    The other night my wife went to a friends home about 40 minutes away. After a few hours, I checked her location which was shown to be on the highway between the two homes. I check again an hour later and the same thing. Still on the highway. I text messaged her and asked where she was. Her reply was she was at her friends place and when I checked her location was shown there. Hours went by with no update but as soon a I text messaged her, it did.

    I also mentioned before that I set her Pre to upload always and have seen her account go for hours without an upload...

    Ya i know.... it's the phone... lol
    You mentioned before that Google Maps could not find you. You've now revised your statement saying that it does find you, it just takes some time. In the next WIMP release I will add in an option to increase the time trying to get a GPS fix before it gives up. I hope this will solve your problem KJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by otsdev View Post
    Would be nice to be able to choose a date to display points on the map without deleating them all and starting with a blank map so you could look at a specific date or combination of dates to view.

    Quick question about the time adjust, not sure how to do it with the numbers on the account screen??
    Yes, as KJ mentioned there is a bug for some people with the dates. Make sure you've set your timezone on the My Account page.

    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    I have the premium account but Beep Phone for me is not working? I was just trying to test its not beeping. I started the app and validated login and also upload now but still no beep? Am i missing something does it take a while for it to kick in?
    The phone will only beep the next time it uploads to the website. So this means if the phone has not moved, it will not beep until it does move. This will be fixed when Palm releases their messaging service to developers, which I've heard from Palm should be in a couple of weeks.

  14. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #574  
    Update:

    1.3.1 breaks the website functionality from the Pre. This does not affect anything if you log in to the site from your computer. However, if you are trying to log in to the site from the Pre (or Pixi), you are now unable to press the Login button.

    I am working on a fix for this.

  15. #575  
    Wow, just checked my location (since I've not checked in quite some time) the location that it placed on my Pre is dead on! When I first installed the app, it would always show my Pre a few miles away (i'm assuming nearest tower) but today, it pinpoints the actual building I'm sitting in and according to the map, it's about 35yds from my actual seat in the building.

    Nice work Xluryan! Nice work indeed.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16. #576  
    I get the Where Is My Pre load screen, but it hangs. The literal "Initializing main components" is displayed in the Information section. Everything else is read only. I've left it going for a few minutes, but the screen never finishes loading.

    I have uninstalled the app several times, rebooted. Nothing works.
  17. #577  
    Got a unlock Pre from o2 Germany and I live in Denmark, how can i get my verification PIN ?
  18. cue79's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Update:

    1.3.1 breaks the website functionality from the Pre. This does not affect anything if you log in to the site from your computer. However, if you are trying to log in to the site from the Pre (or Pixi), you are now unable to press the Login button.

    I am working on a fix for this.
    Any progress on this? Thanks
  19. Zoso's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #579  
    we were seeing updates, new features etc, sometimes 2 times a week, yet I have not seen anything for a long while.... is X still working on it or taking the holidays off?
  20. xluryan's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
       #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    we were seeing updates, new features etc, sometimes 2 times a week, yet I have not seen anything for a long while.... is X still working on it or taking the holidays off?
    Just saving it all for a massive feature release

Posting Permissions