Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Yes, hopefully

If everyone could report back their thoughts/findings on the update I will get this pushed to the catalog ASAP.
    I see no real difference. Still getting random points on the map and cell tower locations. And this is with me being outside...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjstone57 View Post
    I see no real difference. Still getting random points on the map and cell tower locations. And this is with me being outside...
    Can you send a screenshot of your Location Services screen? And then also one with the preferences menu down and "Locate Me Using..." expanded.

Mine are attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xluryan; 11/10/2009 at 03:38 PM.

Can you send a screenshot of your Location Services screen? And then also one with the preferences menu down and "Locate Me Using..." expanded.

Here are mine:
    Mine are the same as yours except I don't have Google Service checked.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Mine are the same as yours except I don't have Google Service checked.
    Try this:

1. Reboot your phone.
    2. While rebooting go stand outside.
    3. Open Google Maps; make sure it pinpoints you.
    4. Open WIMP, click upload now.
    5. After it says it uploaded successfully, take a screenshot and post it.

Here ya go...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Here ya go...
    This indicates 19 meters of accuracy. That should be very close to where you are, is it not?

This indicates 19 meters of accuracy. That should be very close to where you are, is it not?
    It is, this time. Problem is the consistancy seems to vary greatly. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. In my case anyways, it usually reports the location of a cell tower.

I cleared my history today for a fresh start with the updated app and went outside to do some yard work. When I came back in, it had reported a cell tower location, my actual location and 2 random points that made no sense at all. So, for 4 points, only 1 was accurate.

As I mentioned before, the random points do not have any timestamp on them nor are they connected via a blue line to any other point. They are just there.

I'm at work right now and that's where I did the test. There is cell tower on our building so was it really reporting that? I'll try again when I get home and let you know.
    Last edited by kjstone57; 11/10/2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Here's a screen capture of the map I mentioned above....

When I did an upload from home, it started with an accuracy of 1000m for 2 attempts and then went to 164m for the next 2.
    Last edited by kjstone57; 11/11/2009 at 07:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Here's a screen capture of the map I mentioned above....

When I did an upload from home, it started with an accuracy of 1000m for 2 attempts and then went to 164m for the next 2.
    Was this inside or outside of your house?

Was this inside or outside of your house?
    Outside on my front deck.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Outside on my front deck.
    From that same spot, when you fire up Google Maps does it find you?

Here's a screen capture of my wife's ride to work today... Aside from the starting and ending points, everything else was a cell tower....
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Here's a screen capture of my wife's ride to work today... Aside from the starting and ending points, everything else was a cell tower....
    Can you try what was suggested in the previous post? Try standing on your deck and see if Google Maps pinpoints you?

No it doesn't. My location is shown at a cell site.
    Last edited by kjstone57; 11/12/2009 at 12:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    No it doesn't. My location is shown at a cell site.
    If Google Maps cannot pinpoint your location then I don't believe any app will be able to, which unfortunately includes WIMP.

If a reboot does not fix the issue, I would suggest taking the phone to sprint to ask for a replacement as there may be something wrong with your GPS device. I have personally experienced issues with my GPS device, but a reboot usually takes care of the issue.

If rebooting does not fix it, the GPS device may be damaged or malfunctioning.

So now it's my issue... LOL Same results are obtained with my wife's Pre. Doubt they are both defective nor others that are reporting the same thing. I guess you just don't like hearing bad news.

I'm done. Later.
    Last edited by kjstone57; 11/12/2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    So now it's my issue... LOL Same results are obtained with my wife's Pre. Doubt they are both defective nor others that are reporting the same thing. I guess you just don't like hearing bad news.

I'm done. Later.
    Don't you expect Google Maps to be able to pinpoint you when you stand outside? I'm sorry you're having issues, but how else can I put this?

If Google Maps can't even find you, how should any other application?

I continue to have accuracy issues. I don't know if there is anything that can be done but it seems that it is related to when I am indoors. I believe it is showing the tower location because it keeps showing the same location that I wasn't ever at each time I clear my history. I don't know if this is something that can even be solved but I thought I would share my experience.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I continue to have accuracy issues. I don't know if there is anything that can be done but it seems that it is related to when I am indoors. I believe it is showing the tower location because it keeps showing the same location that I wasn't ever at each time I clear my history. I don't know if this is something that can even be solved but I thought I would share my experience.
    I would suggest putting your phone through the same tests. Stand outside and see if Google Maps pinpoints you. Then perform the same test inside.

Let us know of your results. You may want to try a reboot on the phone first.

I would suggest putting your phone through the same tests. Stand outside and see if Google Maps pinpoints you. Then perform the same test inside.

Let us know of your results. You may want to try a reboot on the phone first.
    Yeah. Outside google maps and sprint navigation both fine me without a hitch. I really have never had a problem with either of them pinpointing me outside. Inside, google maps ends up finding my location as well. It took about a minute for it to update my location to where I actually am located but it found it. Maybe WIMP is timing out before it can acquire a fix or something?